Prestige Camera - Prestige Camera - BAIT & SWITCH

Location: 315 E 89TH St.
Brooklyn, NY, 11236, US

URL: http://www.prestigecamera.com/

*** DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ***

Ordered a radio online from these guys since they had a good price and were one of the "feature merchants". I usually check this site before purchasing but for some reason I didn't before making this online purchase. In hindsight, maybe their deal was too good to be true.

Anyway, I placed the order and the next day I received an email from them with the following: "We are required to speak to you in order to verify your billing information. You may also be eligible for discounts on additional accessories and packages which are available with your product..." I called and left a vmail with no call back. I called the next day and hit zero and was put on hold for a long time and passed around until someone took my call. Now it was time for the "bait and switch". They wanted to sell me the same thing I was buying for $361 more saying that I bought the wrong version for the US. I called the manufacturer and there is no such thing as different versions as they were telling me - a complete lie to try and get more money out of me. I told them to cancel the order as I didn't want to do business with this idiots and he told me fine and hung up on me. I called right back and after the same thing of holding and being passed on, I finally got the same guy on the phone. I wanted to get a confirmation number from him about the cancellation. He would not, said that I would get an email in the next 24 hours. 2 days later still on email. I have started the process of reversing the charges with my credit card company in the hopes to recover...

Hopefully, this will save someone else out there from making this mistake...do not buy from these guys - it's a fraud!!!

a45a1b3e, 2008-11-18, 10:56AM CST

Agreed! These guys are thieves and liars!

I bought a TV online. Got an email to call them. Tried to sell me items that come standard with the unit according to the manufacturer. Cancelled the order and got hung up on. Did get an email confirming the cancellation though.