Posted on Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 at 9:31pm CDT by a53df066

Location: 425 dunlop street West
Barrie, On, CA

URL: http://www.gdcoatessuzuki.ca/

Two weeks ago we purchased a 2004 Dodge Caravan from this company. This was our second used car with them, which is why we returned to them. When we took the car out for a test drive, there was a lot of noise coming from the brakes. The sales guy heard it too and said that he would get it adjusted before we picked it up. Once back at the dealership, his story changed and said the noise was just where they had washed it and sprayed tire shine on the wheels!!!!! They assured us that they would check it out anyway.

We picked up the car and everything was fine for about 2 days...then the noise got worse. To cut to the chase, the car has been back to the workshop 3 times. I took it back today and was told that they were not going to do anymore to it, was cursed at by the sales manager and basically called a liar. He also told me "he was ready" when I mentioned we were going to take it further.

We are taking it to an independent garage next week for a safety check and will then be contacing OMVIC.....

91f4a21c, 2010-06-02, 06:59PM CDT

I feel for you. GD COATES and CENTENNIAL both owned by the same people are great at the lies and never back up their promises. I bought a Durango with noise in right front, they didnt fix after 3 times I took it in. they promise the world and wnat to have a good laugh; watch wht low ball scam they pull when time comes to trade up; you will get shit for your vehicle...

6ccdb2da, 2015-01-20, 11:35AM CST

If they tried to fix a vehicle that had a problem three times AFTER you bought it then they are doing 3X more than most used vehicle sellers. Dont buy a used vehicle if you want a perfect, warrantied vehicle. Or, even better, don't sign a sales agreement until you have driven the car, and no noise, or problem is apparent. Just say no! A used vehicle is not going to be perfect, and once you drive it off the lot, you are on your own! A car company cannot be expected to sell older cars and have every single component inspected... that's ridiculous! That's why car companies don't give bumper to bumper warranties for ten years! Cars are expected to start having problems around year three.. but a less expensive car and buy new. No problem. Then if it has a problem you have an appropriate recourse.

We've bought 11 vehicles from Coates, four of which have been new. Some were great, some not so great. We've always had great service - that's why we go back.