Yahoo/ ATT - ATT / Sbc Yahoo Web Hosting complaint

Product: Web hosting / TV Internet phone bundles

Company: Yahoo/ ATT

URL: http://www.yahoo.com/

After dealing Originally with SBC Yahoo

to host my business website they offered a package deal with a shopping cart. When they were bought by ATT they changed the package and I have been trying to cancel the shopping cart ever since, more than a year. Att tells me that they will transfer me to the webhosting department which is really just Yahoo (I didn't know that!). Average wait time before I hang up is 45 minutes to an hour, longest 3 hours on hold before hanging up without ever talking to anyone!!! Att finally stayed on the line with me until they answered (after i cancelled with them) it took nearly an hour for someone to pick up from their direct line. Then they told me I should have called Yahoo. How would I have known that? I bought it through SBC/ATT, I pay ATT, i sould be able to cancel through them. The customer service rep Josh tells me he is aware of the 45+ minute wait time but that is average I told him they need to hire more reps or get better service he tells me I am abusive. I ask him for his supervisor because all I want to do is cancel and he is still talking he says it is a three to five day wait to get a call back from a supervisor!!! Get service!

I have also been overbilled by Att for the bundle package and have to call every month to have them fix it after being on hold again.

Please just get yourphone, web / web hosting and TV from someone else. It's has become to frustrating dealing with them. You get one good customer service rep for every ten you have to deal with! When you do get one they can only do so much. If I wasn't so angry I could probably be more articulate.

09e36531, 2008-11-02, 12:36PM CST

You think a company as big as Yahoo would invest in skilled and knowledgeable customer-care staff, WRONG. They are overloaded with issues which are beyond their knowledge and capabilities. I have called the web-hosting support number 5 times in the past 24 hours and each time have been on hold for than 45 minutes before the line gets disconnected. Please host your website at home. You will probably do ten times better than what YAHOO can do for you. In the last 30 days my website has been down more than 4 times and for more than 4 hours each time. In this economic crisis when we are working 18 hour every day to keep our heads above water such prolonged outages of service are lethal for business. DO what ever you have to but dont host your website with these good-for-nothing idiots.

Anonymous, 2009-07-17, 09:27PM CDT

I was forced to discontinue my business AT&T DSL after years because the service was so poor in San Francisco. AT&T cannot get the city's permission to rewire for UVERS. I had this service since it was PacBell.net. I reluctantly went to ComCast which blows At&T DSL away for business 5 sticky IPs. Now trying to 'transfer' my Domain and email has become a nightmare. Four months, and they keep canceling or dropping service because AT&T has their 'hooks' into my account somehow. I suspect retribution because I had a big business DSL account of ~$100+/month. Yahoo's people are inept in understanding the issues, and I have lost web hosting business, loads of emails, etc.. I constantly have to resetup my web hosting ane email from scratch after one of AT&T's 'cleansing'. I wish I had a lawyer who knew how to go after this AT&T scam.

213f9587, 2009-11-13, 12:47PM CST

I had hosting with gate.com which is hostway.com child hosting company for 1 year 2 months, I use my domain transfer from dreamhost owned by me to gate.com, since until one day I request gate.com give me authorize code so that I transfer my domain to godaddy dedicated., gate suspended my account and withholding my domain transfer, I emailed [email protected] to ask why they suspened my account, I paid full 3 years service, now I get dedicated server I want to transfer I did not ask for refund either, why they suspend my acct and not let me transfer. withholding my domain, they told me to email [email protected], from abuse@gate told me to email [email protected], each time wait for their reply email took 3 days period, and final email reply never arrival from [email protected]

NEVER go for GATE hosing suck

----------------------------

From:

"Support Abuse" <[email protected]>

Add sender to Contacts

Thank you for providing us with this update. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have provided your update to our Systems team as we need their authorization to unsuspend your site. We will provide you with any updates or questions from Systems and let you know when we have the authorization to unsuspend your site. Feel free to let us know if you require any further assistance.

Abuse Department

Hostway Corporation

--------------------------

From:

"[email protected]" <[email protected]>

Add sender to Contacts

Dear valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Gate.

Please, be advised to contact [email protected] to resolve the matter.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Stanislava Ivanova

Gate.com Billing Staff

b9f29cb3, 2009-12-13, 01:41PM CST

I am a single 60 year old man. I came home the other day and upgraded my internet exployer to get rid of some re-occurring script errors. At, almost the same time I get notice that Yahoo is no longer going to maintain their product. After the upgrade my IM icon dissapered and now everytime I turn around I have to re-login & type my pass word again on my own secure computer. I am not against change but this has been fun, nor do see any change resulting in improvemnt. My e-mail page layout was also changed and now I'm fumbling around trying to figure out where things are. I submit that ATT knows who I am, so why do I have to tell you my e-mail address and pass word ILO just my password. If and when I want secure the privacy of my computer it should be entirly up to me! THS