Prestige Camera LLC - Rip Off

Posted on Saturday, September 20th, 2008 at 5:16pm CDT by 0a0501c0

Product: Camera Sales

Company: Prestige Camera LLC

Location: 337 East 89th St.
Brooklyn, NY, 11236, US

On Aug.28, after researching the best prices on a SONY T-200 camera, I placed a internet order with Prestige Camera. Later that day I received an e-mail message asking to verify my billing information & indicating I "may also be eligible for discounts on additional accessories and packages which are available with your product." I called the number and spoke with Curtis. He suggested that I should purchase a longer life battery, an external charger and increased memory. I agreed that I should have these items. He then went on to mention extended warranty and other "extras". I said I did not need them, but he continue to "harass me", "bait & switch", etc. until I finally agreed to his "deal". ($599.00) I asked to have a detailed accounting before he shipped, but he shipped anyway. (I still have not received a detailed invoice (Only an invoice indicating a Camera Kit at a unit price of $549.99 + $50.00 Handling and Insurance (No insurance is indicated on the parcel). Their e-mail advertisement indicated a price of $194.00 (including shipping) for the camera. No indication of prices on the accessories. What I received was 1)Camera (s/b $194.00), 2)Upgraded battery (s/b $49.99 by SONY's catalog), 3)external charger (upgrade) (s/b $39.99 by catalog) and 4)1G of memory (s/b 39.99 by catalog), a total of $338.97. I have been "ripped off". I have spoken with Curtis and he offered me a camera, but no refund.

878ec737, 2008-10-12, 10:52PM CDT

I don't comprehend why, if you were ripped off, and so many more people has, you don't sue them or something close to where they will quit ripping people off?

7d9d6838, 2010-11-21, 11:54AM CST

Prestige Camera sold us a 52" Samsung Touch of Color TV for $2550.00 with a 3 extended warranty with myrepairtech.com They apparently sold us this warranty knowingly that this business was not an honoring business. They have vanished from the face of the earth. Now we are stuck with a repair bill! This just infuriates me!