Directv - Directv is very sloppy

Company: Directv

Location: Customer Service DIRECTV, Inc. P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO, 80155-6550, US

URL: http://www.directv.com/

This experience has been going on from August till September and i'm not sure that it is done. First thing read the entire contract, small print and ALL. I say this because when you cancel even after your contract is done, you will have authorized them to charge the final bill to any credit or debit card you have on file with them. When you call to cancel they will tell you that they will prorate you bill and send you a bill for the final amount. I never got a bill and wasnt given the opportunity to pay the bill myself with the card of my choice. They take it upon themselves to chose which card you have on file to pay their final bill. They talk out of both sides of their mouths.

About a month before I'd cancel one of my 3 receivers. The told me they would send a box within 3 days for the return of the receiver. That box didnt come until I told them that they never sent it on the day I canceled. They said they would then send boxes for that one and the other 2 that I had now canceled. The box for the 2 came no problem and sent them on to them. Day later a box came for the single one. The model and all info was wrong. Knowing that they will charge you if they claim they dont get the receiver. I called and they said they would send the proper labling info. 3 days later fedex brings a second box for a receiver when the appropriate lable would have done. I boxed the receiver up and before I could get it sent back by Fedex they sent another box and lable for the same receiver. I sent the receiver in the 2nd box. Month later they send me a bill for the receiver claiming they never got it. I know that Fedex picked up the box. After over an hour on the phone with a customer service rep whose computer continuously shut down. She finally found the receiver and sounded as if it were my fault because their were so many boxes sent for the receiver. Thats why they claim they couldnt find it at first. Pretty damned sloppy huh? Thats not the end. Today September 12 I got a collections bill for the receiver amount. Can you believe that afster the rep told me that they were going to escalate the finding of the box that they sent the bill to an outside collection agency. I cant believe that they didnt charge the card again which would have sent the account into the red and caused an additional fee. Directv is very sloppy in their account closing practices. I was told that this would not show up on the credit report. I am going to wait 30 days to see if they are lying about that. If so, I plan to see about filing suit against them for fraud or something. The programming is excellent but closing the account is Hell. READ THE ENTIRE CONTRACT AND MAKE NOTE OF ALL CORRESPONDENCE.

707e7da4, 2011-02-11, 09:35PM CST

This same thing happened to me as well. After sending all equipment back, I was to be given a credit back to the charge card that they used without authorization. I checked the account a month later, after telling them to completely close the account out and they had charged me $80 for a dvr recovery kit that they said I ordered. After it was determined that I had not ordered this kit and I had not been contacted about this order, it was removed. I now have to check this account weekly because they still have not completely closed this account and I live in fear that they will put more unauthorized charges on this card because they refused to remove this card from the account. To date, I still do not have the credit back on the card for the excess amount that I was charged and this account is still not permanently closed. Perhaps this is why Directv was fined millions of dollars adn why they have to offer current customers $100 to refer customers to them. Only refer people that you do not want to remain friends with.