Frigidaire/Electrolux - microwave trouble

Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2008 at 5:01pm CDT by d7b4da13

Product: 7G62601603/FMV156DCC

Company: Frigidaire/Electrolux

While microwaving 1/2 cup of water - 1 minute and 20 seconds into 2 minute setting - door flew open and boiling water exploded all over kitchen. Microwave was manufactured in 2006. Fortunately no one was hit by door or by boiling water! Serious potential for major injury to me or infant in my arms.

Customer service rep was not extremely helpful - waiting on a call back from manager.

Rep said they might pay for parts but not for diagnosis or labor - for however much that costs we could get a new microwave from a competitor.

d75e6992, 2008-10-15, 03:16PM CDT

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on www.complaints.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so that I can personally look into this matter. In order to do so, please send me your contact information, and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number if available, so that I can research this matter. Again I regret your disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely,

Chris Polk

Escalation Specialist

Electrolux Major Appliances

[email protected]

19ffd82f, 2008-12-02, 08:04PM CST

I also have the same microwave and it has quit working. After researching problems online, I have found that there are several complaints about this model and the door switch. Like mine, all complaints are on microwaves that have been purchased within 2 years. So much for their products being "built for generations or frigidarie meaning quality and dependability"

08bdb0f7, 2008-12-16, 01:52PM CST

This must be one lemon of a microwave. My appliance is under two years old and so far the grease traps disintegratedd when I was soaking them; the interior light does not come on and there is no way to access it to replace it except with a service call; and the work lights under the microwave (that shine on the stove top) have had to be replaced at $15 a pop because Frigidaire does not use a standard microwave bulb that can be purchased for $4 at a hardware store. I won't even bother to go into the problems with the other appliaces...

Frigidaire counts its generations at just over warranty...

AND there is no toll-free number to complain!

Elaine

9c4c6479, 2010-01-22, 11:27AM CST

Same thing is happening to mine! What did you do to fix this problem? I'm tired of fighting with the microwave, and i'm thinking of just going to buy another one.