odenza vacations - odenza rip off

Posted on Monday, October 6th, 2008 at 9:38am CDT by a3b59d73

Product: 2 night hotel vouchers

Company: odenza vacations

Location: 4445 Eastgate Mall, 2nd Floor San Diego, CA USA 92121
San Diego, Ca, 92121, US

URL: http://odenza.com/

Odenza sells vouchers to companies that offer them to people like me who come to listen to a presentation about a product they would like to sell.

Odenza promises in writing in their brochure that you send $50 and they will book 2 night hotel from a list of cities. We chose Orlando and we chose a date excluding week end and holidays (many limitations, not convenient). May be a month later they called us to ask us an extra $40 + insurance for 2 nights in the Howard Johnson Maingate Resort, Kissimmee FL. So we are now $90 out.

Now when we went on the hotel website, we realize that it cost $45 a night to reserve to the hotel directly and without restrictions.

These people are thieves, they sell a voucher, collect money and charge you full price+!!!

Truly, don't waist your time, don't do business with these unethical deceitful greedy folks!!!

I am looking into legal action; these people should not do business!!!

Many more complaits out there, many people are taking advantage of!!!

b2d57ed5, 2009-10-07, 11:58PM CDT

I have a confesssion. I was just laid off by Trvel Amercas usa who is a comppetitor of Odenza Marketing Group. I'm furrious with the owner and his practices and I may as well set the record straight now that I am noo longger employed by them. We were forrced to post negative stories about Odenza as our current owner is trying to ruin their reputation. This is wrong I know but the few of us in the department were desperate for work because times are tough so we did it anyway.

We were operating out of California and Surrey BC and I'm going to call complaints.com about it so they get into trouble.

Justin

b2d57ed5, 2009-10-08, 12:00AM CDT

Justin

6ba0ccea, 2010-05-11, 11:58AM CDT

We had a voucher from WAY TO GO TRAVEL in Bellingham, Wa after a presentation we attended about a travel club. I sent in the $29.95 to get a voucher for 2 roundtrip tickets-they conveniently waited appprx. 2 weeks to send it back saying they didn't take personal checks and that by the time I resent a bank check the time frame would be up and they could no longer offer the promotion. We didn't buy into the club and so I am sure this entered into not getting the tickets. These people are totally dishonest-don't do business with them!!!

6e332915, 2010-06-28, 05:15PM CDT

i THOUGHT SO. MY HUSBAND WON A ALL INCLUSIVE PRIZE TO CANCUN FOR THE SAME REASON ALTHOUGH THEY DENY IT. hE GAVE THE VOUCHER TO MY GRADUATING 18 YR OLD AS A GIFT NOT REALIZING THE STIPULATIONS OF AGE, LICENCE AND CREDIT CARD. aFTER ALOT OF BS THEY HAVE A CRUSIE FOR US EVEN THOUGH WHEN ASKED IT WAS THE BAHAMAS> CANCUN EVERYTHING WAS PAID FOR BUT i KNEW IT WAS A MARKETING SCAM. nOW IF WE WANT THE CRUISE WE HAVE TO PAY FOR FLIGHTS ALONG WITH TAXES. i WANT AN EXCHANGE OF DESTINATIONS, ONE THAT 18 YR OLD GIRLS AND THEIR MOTHERS CAN GO AND NOT WORRY ABOUT MONEY. i AM READY TO SAY STICK IT odenza

55508c4e, 2010-08-22, 04:34PM CDT

Just an FYI to anyone considering booking with this company - READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. In our package (which is done by VIVA resorts,) it says in item 4 (emphasis is done by me):

"The recipient is responsible to pay for all expenses including, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: transportation, gratuities, HOTEL TAXES AND FEES OF $39.00USD PER NIGHT, a $100.00USD REFUNDABLE RESERVATION DEPOSIT AND MISCELLANEOUS EXPENSES WHERE APPLICABLE..."

There is nothing in writing that guarantees that the hotel taxes and fees will be less than the price of a room that you find online. There are plenty of websites now that offer hotel rooms at a discount price, and those offers come and go on a regular basis.

Also, in regards to another comment:

ITEM 1 states (emphasis once again mine):

"to begin registration process... [Odenza] must receive your ORIGINAL SIGNED AND DATED VALIDATION CARD, PRINTED REGISTRATION FORM FROM THE ODENZAREG WEB SITE AND A $100.00USD REFUNDABLE RESERVATION DEPOSIT PRIOR TO THE REGISTION DEADLINE PRINTED ON THIS FORM OR THE PROMOTIONAL OFFER WILL NO LONGER BE VALID... THE RESERVATION DEPOSIT MUST BE IN THE FORM OF A MONEY ORDER, BANK DRAFT OR CASHIERS CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO ODENZA MARKETING GROUP..."

Item 3 begins with (emphasis mine): "ALL VACATION OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO ODENZA'S AVAILABILITY AND PROMOTIONAL INVENTORY. ODENZA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO OFFER AN ALTERNATE TRAVEL DATE AND OR DESTINATION..."

I think it is unfair for these commenters to accuse this company of unethical and dishonest business practices when it seems that both conflicts were the result of a failure to read the Terms and Conditions in their entirety. It does also state in item 6 that "Odenza reserves the right to change these terms and consitions without notice."

Personally, I'm looking forward to my trip to Mexico, as we were able to use this voucher to extend our honeymoon.

4626dc8b, 2010-09-12, 07:11PM CDT

I am having A hell of a time trying

to get someone to talk to for HELPI Have emailed them several times with no luck,I am intiled to 7 nights vacation

I spent a lot of money at the furiture

company ,and was given this as a gift.

I feel I have been ripe OFF

2a26a3e3, 2011-01-15, 05:13PM CST

They also ask for an International Money order and NO USPostal orders which indicates the money goes to an off-shore account or an unfriendly country.

They are a supporter of Global Vacations which in itself is a major rip-off.

b93c3659, 2011-02-22, 07:58PM CST

RE:FunPlanet Vacations I had my son check this out as he lives in San Diego and he went to actual address and it was a conference room and company was not listed in this building, luckily I didn't give them any money. I couldn't even pull up online registration. Which I see now was a good thing. Contact the Attorney General of Calif I received a refund from State of Illinois Attorney General for being victimized in another online scam.

f09326bb, 2011-03-02, 09:35PM CST

You can get a FULL refund. I have dealt with them before, and I am totally happy. The way their system works is that they have promotional space when hotels/airlines/cruise lines need help filling rooms/seats. So it is obvious that for a $50 registration fee, there are going to be some guidelines.

I would love to know how they are Greedy? You are still saving money. Hotels are not free. How do you expect them to GIVE AWAY free things and stay in business?

e08779dd, 2011-06-10, 12:06PM CDT

Here is a link about Odenza marketing/star rebates who are based in Burnaby BC but have "shell companies" in the US. This appears to be a Ponzi scheme. Just Google "Odenza, Star Rebates, Ripoff, scheme" and you will see what I mean.

here is a link to a story about this company out of Seattle:

www.kirotv.com/money/28113836.detail.html

here is the company website:

www.odenza.com

5f8360ff, 2011-06-14, 02:40PM CDT

I TOO RECEIVED A VOUCHER FROM LAZY BOY FOR A VACATION. I PAID MY REGISTRATION FEE AND SPEND FROM MARCH 2011 TO CURRENT DATE OF JUN E14HT, 2011 TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF SOMEONE. FINALLY I CALLED THE OFFICE AND WAS TOLD I WOULD GET A REFUND. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL COME TRUE. THEY SAID APPROX 5 DAYS AND I TOLD THEM I WOULD PICK THE MONEY UP IN THE BBY LOCATION. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE. THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY AND HOPE THAT YOU WILL GIVE UP AND GO AWAY WHEN THEY DON'T REPLY TO YOUR CALLS.

44315872, 2011-06-27, 06:35PM CDT

Elisa Watanabe

Can you believe I asked for an extension because I was in a coma and in the hospital? I can't even travel right now because of my lowered immune system and I cant be in the sun cause of chemo. I also can't get in the water with my picc line until the chemo is done, maybe in September or October. Anyway, they said no! They wouldnt extend my free nights at a hotel. And they wouldn't make an exception due to my medical condition.

204b3221, 2011-07-19, 09:58AM CDT

My fiance' and I attended a show for waterless cookware and got the voucher thinking we can use it for our honeymoon. We sent the money in and never heard another word about it and no more information given. WE SENT $100. I revisited the website and they now state that it was 78.00, and that they could not refer us to a travel agent without the correct amount...crock of S%&t!!! We are not going to pursue this matter any more and are unfortunately taking the loss. There is no contact information other than a mailing address.

e08779dd, 2011-12-02, 09:20PM CST

Justin is a troll....just google "justin/odenza"....he posts the same garbage....the AG of British Columbia and several consumer rights advocates are investigating these people right now....nothing more than a cheap ponzi scheme....take everyone's money in marketing fees and registration fees and only pay a selected few....these people should be tarred and feathered

f6a36fc5, 2012-02-20, 05:29PM CST

I wish i had re searched this company before i went and sent 50 bucks to these clowns. Now i wasted a whole day sitting there listening to these a-holes, after they call me and told YOU WON! now they want another 70 and on and on and on, what a scam. and on top of that they want me to tell them 5 different weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! talk about inconvenient! where is someone woho goes after these rip offs? can you just blaintanly open a company and set up your business model around ripping people off? and obviously no one on the legal end of government here cares...total scam.

0a924a20, 2012-03-06, 11:04AM CST

Ha good luck, I wasn't even able to speak to someone about an extension on a florida trip after buying a $40,000 dollar truck until I sent them $327.00. I don't care what the fine print says put those terms and conditions in big bold letters right next to the word "2 NIGHTS AND AIRFARE FREE" IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.

535ceaf3, 2012-10-15, 11:54AM CDT

After buying a car, we were given an offer of two free nights in Vegas. First you have to send the $350 or so before you are given any info. We did that and then find out you have to stay in a hotel off the strip(not recommended by many people)and then we find out they will not pay for a direct flight, so you waste the first day getting there. Nothing was said about the resort fee that we also were to pay. Also, we could not take the flight from our city, so had the expense of travelling to Calgary and getting a hotel. They were very slow at getting back to us with any information. We finally got fed up and requested our refund, which was promptly sent to us. Car dealerships should know what they are offering their customers, because it was not a free trip.

9fbdf27f, 2013-01-08, 08:26PM CST

Thank you~ These comments were very helpful. I am not going to waste my time and money. My husband and I will get our own reservations when we are ready for a vacation. After reading the reviews I don't trust this company.

Pattie B., 2014-02-08, 01:24PM CST

How do I get a list of the 3000 resorts available? Is it best to book my own flight? Are these really luxury condo resorts? What's the catch? Please email me: [email protected]