Sears Home Services/A&E Appliance Service - Excessive Sears Service Charges

Product: Frigidaire Dishwahser

Company: Sears Home Services/A&E Appliance Service

Location: Orlando, FL, 32765, US

URL: http://SearsHomecentral.com/

Today, October 6, 2008, I had my Frididaire dishwasher repaired by Sears Home Services (Sears service order #:65914956). While the repair technician was on-time and courteous, I am absolutely livid about the $179.00 charge for essentially unplugging the drain hose. The time spent in my home was less than one hour and no parts were required. I expected the charge to be the $65.00 minimum house call fee, assuming that was the hourly rate. I was not quoted the total charge before completion of the work. I have had similar work done by a local firm within the last 2-years at another house and that charge was $75.00. The Sears technician stated that this is the Sears-mandated charge based on the service requested code. According to him, the cost has nothing to do with the time needed to make the repair.

This has done it for me with anything associated with Sears. I mean service, the retail stores, the tools/appliances (which I buy a lot), and the automotive store. I am through! Price gouging of this sort means Sears cares nothing about its customers.

d75e6992, 2008-10-15, 03:24PM CDT

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on www.complaints.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you so that I can personally look into this matter. In order to do so, please send me your contact information, and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number if available, so that I can research this matter. Again I regret your disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely,