NUWAVE OVEN PRO - DOES NOT WORK

Company: Not Available

Location: 880 Lakeside Dr
Gurnee, IL, 60031, US

URL: http://www.mynuwaveoven.com/

I've been using the NUWAVE OVEN PRO for about a month now. IT DOES NOT WORK like they say it should. Everything frozen I put in it come out RAW. It takes 2hrs to cook 3 pieces of frozen chicken Thighs. I can't imagine how long it would take to cook an entire chicken. EVERYTHING I COOK WITH IT COMES OUT COOKED ON THE OUTSIDE, AND FROZEN OR UNCOOKED ON THE INSIDE. THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT WORK. DON'T BUY IT. When I tried to return it due to the fact that it does not work, they want to charge me shipping. They've already charged me $60+ bux for shipping the crappy thing to me and they want me to pay another $39.99 to sent it back, and they want a restocking fee. They lie about the 100% money back guarantee aswell. It's really sad that there are people out there who PREY on you for your money.

944d00d8, 2008-10-30, 02:37PM CDT

I didn't see anywhere on the website about being able to cook "frozen" foods.

You may be expecting too much.

95743613, 2008-11-15, 01:48PM CST

The reason I found this complaint is that I just watched the paid advertising on TV. The advertising repeatedly says you can cook FROZEN or unfrozen foods even a full frozen turkey. My advise to potential buyers is check consumer feedback on the internet BEFORE you buy, not after. The original complain is correct, there are people who will PREY on you for your money, buy carefully.

dfb91293, 2008-11-30, 09:07PM CST

The info-mercial states over and over again you can cook from frozen

e71a807b, 2009-01-09, 11:43PM CST

I oredered 2 ovens and was charged for 4. After many calls and being on hold for hours (everytime I've called there were 30-60 calls ahead of me and it took more than 1 hour to get through) I'm still getting the run around from company to refund the charges. From checking other online reviews I found out that many other peple have been charged for multiple units and not gotten a refund. Stay away from this comany and any of it's products: hearthware.com

cb902f79, 2009-01-20, 04:44PM CST

it does say you can cook from frozen .. i have watched it over and over contemplating if to buy

a196c6ff, 2009-06-14, 12:44PM CDT

I don't order ANYTHING on-line unless it gives all information about original charges, extra charges for accessories, and revealy ALL S & H CHGS. and TOTAL cost ------ BEFORE you enter CC info. If not, I'd only order verbally, and then only if the CSR provides all cost/return info first; otherwise, pass, or wait until it becomes available in stores or other on-line sites. As to other comment questioning whether dissatisfied customer was correct about this item handling frozed foods --- I just saw the man on informercial EMPHATICALLY state that the product takes care of frozen turkeys and other frozen items perfectly. Said no need to thaw, and fully cooks just as quickly as if not frozen. So if this capability not so, it's deliberate lie with no verbage to be misinterpreted. Everyone should remember that even the "best" of these infomercial offers usually have exhorbitant S/H and return costs, charge credit cards even where purchase not yet confirmed (even where thought canceled), and often involve recurring charges for subsequent extras not ordered. Plus, the damn products seldom work as well as purported.

f495c6ef, 2009-10-13, 08:05PM CDT

I've not had this problem. You must have a faulty machine.

287defad, 2009-10-31, 02:13AM CDT

I have not purchased the nu wave oven product but I did consider it. I did most certainly see in the infomercial that they claim to take food straight from the freezer to the nu wave oven and within minutes or hours depending on the item that you are cooking, the three types of cooking waves leave you with a juicy, flavorful and tender finished product. Reading the consumer comments confirms that it is important to do research via consumer reports and/or the internet to see the complaints of those who have purchase any infomercial/as seen on TV products.

a196c6ff, 2010-07-10, 10:26AM CDT

My aunt bought one of these, despite my advising she check alternatives at a reputable retailer, or see if it cannot be purchased more cheaply at another source on-line. Basically, it is O.K. Does not work as well with frozen items as shown in infomercial, and vegetables are not nearly as "perfect" as portrayed. Also, shipping & handling expensive, so overall price much higher than portrayed on their commercial. But what in the hell does anyone expect? Many items from infomercials are junk, overall costs outrageous and deceptive, and communications and customer service terrible in handling complaints. Shills in infomercial - surprise surprise!!! - seem to have overstated the product's qualities and performance. So, expect to pay a lot more from any infomercial product, and for its performance to range from unsatisfactory to O.K., but more likely former, and never better than latter.

b5a215ec, 2010-08-29, 06:02PM CDT

My Nuwave oven works just fine. I would say you received a defective unit. My complaint is I can take the same foods and cook them from frozen until done in a corningware dish in my toaster oven. Chicken beef, rice, asparagus, baked potatoes etc. All for about the same cook time and electricity consumption. Toaster oven costs $40 and takes up a lot less room on the counter.

354dc843, 2010-10-27, 01:44PM CDT

I have had the Nuwave oven for a month and it works excellent. I place a piece of 2 inch steak and it is done in 32 min. Being 16 mins on each side. The steak was solid frozen and when it came out it was very tender and well done.

06d2dd6f, 2010-10-29, 10:25AM CDT

That is the opposite of what I have experienced. I have cooked frozen chicken breasts, frozen pork chops, and steak and the all have come out great! No problem, I don't know what you are doing wrong or if you have a faulty one but mine is great. I use it all the time and have for over 5 years.

e377db43, 2010-11-11, 10:31AM CST

You can buy this product at retail Stores for a little over $100 and NO SHIPPING AND PROCESSING and you really can return it without question!!!

8a74b081, 2010-12-13, 06:46PM CST

Totally agree, anytime it seems to be to good to be true, it usually is..I am going to return mine..

ab59c68d, 2011-01-14, 04:28PM CST

Thank you so much for your review, you saved me some money.

804cf278, 2011-02-06, 04:51PM CST

I Had a problem with the dome cracking!!!!! Causing it not to Cook the Foods Properly!!!! (PHILLY, PA.)

25d2e777, 2011-12-18, 03:02PM CST

I too am extremely dissatisfied with this product. I actually bought another as a gift for my sister in Georgia before using it based on TV advertizing. It doesn't cook foods completely in recommended time since when sliced open, the inside is red/raw and far below safe recomended temperature. Takes twice the cooking time advertized! ! !

My sisters had to have the head replaced as it didn't function at all. After being replaced, when used it cooks the top to a crust and inside raw!

5ad01400, 2012-01-09, 07:54AM CST

I've been using the NuWave for about a year. I've never put any frozen food in it, but it cooks thawed food faster, with less electric and clean up is a breeze. Since the fat drips off, the food is healthier too. The only complaint I have is the plastic dome cracked. It needs to be better constructed or made of glass. Other than that, I love it. I never liked to cook in my oven during the summer months, now I can cook and not worry about the heat an oven makes.