Hilton Grand Vacations Club - Hilton Grand Vacations Club is a total scam

Company: Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Location: 6355 Metro West Blvd. suite 180
Orlando, Fl, 32835, US

URL: http://www.hgvclub.com/

The sales representative who sold us the packet was really good at convincing us to buy into the time share to the point that we signed the contract under duress.

Ever since we have had the time share(4 yrs), we have only been able to use it once because there is no availibility, it is always booked. The one time we used the time share, there was a fee of $70 dollars. Basically, we are better off paying for a hotel on our own. As a matter of fact, when we called to make a reservation for a trip, the representative said we are better off paying out of pocket then using our "points".

On another ocassion, the representative charged me a $1 dollar to complete an extensive search of our desired destination and will refund the money if there is no space availiable. I never heard back from the representative. The loss of my dollar is not a big deal... it is the principle. It is bad enough the time share packet is costly, as a member one is still being nickled and dimed throughout. In addition, there are annual costs too.

To all consumers, learn from my mistake. Do not buy into Hilton Grand Vacations Club. It is a costly mistake. One is better off using vacation packages(airline tickets/hotel combo).

d925460d, 2008-10-26, 06:38PM CDT

Is it just my perception or are all timeshares a scam?. I was attracted to some of the Google links at the side of the screen, like: Free Vacations Guaranteed - Travel for Free by Staying in Unbooked Rooms and Cruises. I clicked this and a voice said "Hi, my name is..." this sounds scary as I use a speaker rather than phones, so I hit the close window button within 5 seconds. Are these ads legit?

e80ac1ba, 2010-03-26, 01:20PM CDT

I agree I have the same situation. I think the Florida attorney generals office should look into Hilton. I have had Hilton for @ 10 years, I now pay 900 dollars a year. Pay for indiviual searches and NEVER get somewhere to go. I was told just the opposite when I purchased. I was told trading and availability was a seamless process. I haven't been able to use it since I walked out of Hilton Grand Vacations Club. Only if I go there and I made it clear I didn't want to go back. They lied to me telling me that I didn't have to. I could use this and go anywhere. The guy was probably laughing when I left cause he actually suggested I could use it for a Florida beach. Never happened ... Although I do get to go.. AFTER I pay my $900 fee I have the opportunity to call the resort and book the same place as long as I pay for it outright. What a scam... Going to write my letter.

daaab010, 2010-04-06, 06:00PM CDT

Hilton Grand Vacations Club is a scam. We were told we could book anywhere in the US or Europe. They didn't tell us that those places belonged to time-share owners. So unless the owners give up their vacations, the locations are not available. I will never be able to use any of the locations in the Florida Keys or Florida Gulf side. What a waste of money. Nor will I ever be able to stay in Europe; who's going to give up their one week in Europe? unless they pass away or are ill.. same odds as winning the Powerball lottery 1 in 90 million!!! Rather then buying a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, it is better to put money in a low interest CD and at least get some return instead of wasting money in the annual fees and taxes.

93cab4ec, 2010-11-15, 01:48AM CST

Hello,

I attended a HGV presentation this weekend in Las Vegas and heres'a takeaway from my experience.

First clue this isn't a good idea is when the valet charges you $13 per day plus driver tip,

I visit vegas about 2-3 times a year (MGM Grand) and I have never had to pay for valet parking

except for the tip you give the drivers. So, there's the first clue they are out to nickle and

dime you until you go broke. After their presentation the "manager" writes down some numbers and

he says I'll be paying about $220 for the next 6 years and I'll have the ability to use my points

every other year (worked out to about 5 day vacation). On the years I'm eligible to use my points

I'll have to pay $989 for maintenace, then I tell him I bet I could take those $989 and find myself

a hotel stay in Hawaii (my ideal vacation spot) for the same amount of days. At that point he tells me if I'll be making a

purchase or not?..because they are really busy and have other potential clients. I tell him no and they send me on my way after checking out.

After my experience and from reading online comments I'm glad I didn't buy.

Good luck all.

528e119a, 2011-02-15, 11:02AM CST

I had a terrible experience as well. Went through the whole 3 hour process, which they said would only be friendly and informative. It was not until 2.75 hours in to it that they told me about the annual $1100 fee. I couldn't believe. Why the heck would I pay MORE for a hotel (because you can easily get a 5 star hotel these days for the amount Hilton is charging) just so Hilton could build more property? That is essentially what they are doing? I was disappointed and told them and they told me that they were out of time and didn't want to talk any more. I have been staying at Hiltons for more than 12 years for work travel and have never been more shocked. I called to ask questions about the $100 certificate they gave me and they told me there is absolutely no flexability. I take this as an alarming situation because if you are going to buy in to their properties you certainly want people who will work with you. I would STAY AWAY from their time shares. Not worth it and the customer service was horrible.

ca4d2a5a, 2011-03-26, 11:40PM CDT

We went through their 90 minute presentation which was a total torture. At the end they made us a membership "offer" so ridiculous that I cannot believe ANYONE who is not a morons would sign. To stay in a small hotel room in New York city for 10 days a year they wanted $50,000 upfront plus $1300 annual maintenance fee!!!! If you do the math, and extend the ownership to the whole year, this is like purchasing a one room apartment without a kitchen for $2.5 million!!!!

bed52f8c, 2011-07-07, 11:42AM CDT

We attended the Orlando HGVC presentation and got conned into buying their timeshare. If it worked the way they promote it it wouldn't be so bad. But we tried over 20 different location at all different times and couldn't find one open booking. We just paid $18,000 for something that doesn't work. Would they allow this if it were a car?

c2548b7e, 2011-10-02, 08:22PM CDT

THANK You - we just purchased the "trail package" (after going, hearing the schpeal, turning it down, then were offered this). We will definitley not be purchasing - thanks. We had the same issue with a different time share but thought with a Hilton reputaion would be different! Thanks for the heads up.

f3fe66f2, 2012-01-10, 05:28PM CST

It's true that they nickle and dime you and that this is a scam as such. They will raise fees and add fees at will, finding any way to be able to make it cost more for you to use your timeshare--which you paid for and made a deal for originally.

Totally dishonest company, tarnishing the name of the Hilton Hotels they represent. I will be spreading the word feverishly and to my dying day, relishing in any business I keep from these crooks. They will charge you extra for calling them and doing transactions, when they offered to help you on the phone in the first place (I was calling with questions only to start). They will say that you should know all the fees to be paid for every little thing and that they shouldn't have to tell you proactively. Yes, good businesses are proactive in telling you when you will be charged fees and what those fees are. Ones that conveniently forget so that you will be charged significantly more are dishonest and crooked.

I hope people start getting wise to you crooks Hilton. I will definitely help by telling about my experiences. Eat S and die.

f3fe66f2, 2012-01-10, 05:38PM CST

461bb253, 2012-05-14, 05:45PM CDT

After reading everyone's experience, I am so so glad I didn't get scammed into buying a TS with Hilton Grand.

Just sat through a high pressured talk in Hilton Hawaii for TS in Hawaii and florida. Everything sounds too good to be true.

For 169 dollars a month I can go to Hawaii for up to 2 weeks and they were willing to give me 10000 additional points and pay to come back here and blah blah blah.

No negatives, the manager then came in and asked which one I wanted to buy-I told them I had to think about it, they then asked why-making me sound like a moron for not buying into it right away. I stood my ground and then asked for more information I could take to my room. I was basically told that they couldn't give me any information (red alarm!) and that nothing would be found online (Red alarm #2).

So so glad I came back and did a basic search, ya'll just saved me thousands!

Thanks!!!

931f0e3c, 2013-01-17, 05:11PM CST

Oh,NO! My parents just bought into this Hilton GVC thing and I feel so bad for them. They are telling me all about all the places they can go, to Paris, Scotland, Disney World, and on and on. They basically repeated the sales pitch given to them, they fell for it. I wonder how long it will take them to figure this out? Im not going to bother to say anything, its over and done with , their money is already spent. I about flipped when I was told that I could "inherit" this nightmare when they die. No thanks! I wont be paying any maintenance fees. Too bad my parents also believe that we can sell it back to them if we dont want it.

Eva C., 2013-01-31, 01:01PM CST

Timeshares are a GIANT scam and rip-off, or whether they?re great for specific groups with specific vacation desires, and timeshare salespeople give loads of verbal promises that are unconfirmed by information or documentation! this is an article yo might be interested to read, it's about timeshare scams and how to get out of them: