Walmart - Walmart Accident

Posted on Friday, October 17th, 2008 at 3:10pm CDT by a9dd0844

Company: Walmart

Location: 2550 Coors Blvd NW
Albuquerque, NM, 87107, US

Walmat did not bolt down their cart corral and upon entering the store a storm came in to Albuquerque, and slammed the cart into my brand new car and another new car. Walmart states that they are not responsible because I chose to shop on a stormy day and it was an "Act of God". I'm complaining because they denied my claim due to the fact that I was at fault for shopping at their store.

John Scott, 2014-06-20, 09:43AM CDT

I, too, now have to eat $1000 for shopping cart damage to my new car. My damage was caused when a customer pushed his cart across a row to a collection of carts gathered in a handicap parking space on an incline. Once that cart hit the pack of carts another cart broke loose and headed down the sloping parking lot resting into my fender! All co-managers told me not to worry, Walmart with fix it once they view the security tape to confirm what I saw happen. Once they saw the film they sent it to their third party Claims Management Inc. (CMI). This is the group that denies the claims. They say they are not responsible! I pointed out that they will always be accountable as long as they create the environment that leads to this happening...parking lot not level, old steel carts instead of plastic ones like Target and Big Lots have switched to, and negligence due to inadequate help removing the rogue carts that do not make it the cart corral. They fought me on this for 2 weeks...I guess they are hurting for cash and need it so much they will sell their sole to save a dollar. All while their new CEO Doug McMillon makes speeches about the importance of doing the right thing!