Chrysler Corporation - Rattling anti-rattle clips on car

Product: 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring Edition

Company: Chrysler Corporation

Location: PO Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, Mi, 48321, US

I am the owner of a 2007 Chrysler 300 Touring Edition with 21,900 miles on it. Last week I took it to the dealer because of rattling in the front wheel area on both sides. They tightened down the brake dust cover. This didn't help so I took it back on 10/9. This time they called Chrysler Corporation and found out that many of this model of car are having the same problem. The anti-rattle brake pad clips are rattling. According to Chrysler, to fix the problem I have to have the brake pads replaced and I would have to pay for this since my car is over a year old. The warranty does not cover brake pads. My brake pads are fine - they have no wear. The clips are the problem. And, the 3 year/36,000 miles warranty should cover this even if the clips are attached to the brake pads. Chrysler already stated that they are having numerous problems with these; therefore, it is a manufacturing defect - not a wear and tear item. I have no other problems with my car except for the noisy rattling.

I would ask that they fix this problem - free of charge. This is the first Chrysler I have owned and I'm not impressed with the car or the service.