Cuisinart Kitchen Tools - Cuisinart Cookie Press & Decorating Set

Company: Cuisinart Kitchen Tools

Location: Customer Service 1006 Chancellor Ave
Maplewood, Ne, 07040, US

URL: http://cuisinart.com/

Bought this at Smart & Final several months ago and first had occasion to use it this past week. Performance generally satisfactory, but the ratchet mechanism is so flimsy that use of a stiff mixture can bend or break teeth, rendering the device inoperable. My past experience with caulking guns (same mechanism) tells me that the designers didn't actually test it for use with the normal range of baking & pastry products. It's a shame, because the brand name is well regarded, and this product does not live up to expectations.

Redesign/strengthen the ratchet system and this could be a very serviceable tool.

c61f003f, 2008-11-28, 11:43AM CST

I agree. This cookie gun is a piece of junk. No directions or tips about the consistency of the cookie dough. We loaded ours and it did not work. I took the cookie dough out and it still does not work. What a waste! Cuisinart, like lots of companies obviously sold their brand to a cheap company. They just lost my future business.

ae4e1bd1, 2009-06-28, 10:44PM CDT

I bought one because of the Cuisinart name--I have many of their brand items in my kitchen. The first time I used it, it broke---I unscrewed the mechanism to find that the ratchet teeth had bent and torn---unbelievably flimsy--I was just using STORE bought icing---not even sugar dough! Worse---I bought it at a store out of town and can't return it!!!

becaf970, 2009-12-20, 01:09PM CST

I am very dissapointed in this cookie press. I had an old stainless steel mirro, but it finally wore out. I bought this at Macy's based on the name, but I can not get the cookies to drop off the disc and it was very hard to assemble. The bottom ring and the to ring are almost identical, but one is smaller than the other. They are easy to mix up. Also, the directions are poor and there is only 1 recipe included with the product.

beb4d406, 2010-12-18, 10:37AM CST

Spritz, are a usually a no fuss part of the holiday baking. I have a HEADACHE and a half----and not a full pan of cookies. There is no way this product should be sold!!!!! My daughters, battery operated, 21 years old(the spritz maker) works without a swear word coming to the mouth!!! Very frustrated!!!!