Philips Sonicare - Philips Sonicare Warranty Replacement Problem

Company: Philips Sonicare

Location: 1600 Summer St., 5th Floor
Stamford, CT, 06908, US

URL: http://www.sonicare.com/

I purchased an Elite model 9500 and had to have it replaced under warranty because the on/off button fell out. The replacement I was sent was the R710. This has only one brush head and no cord storage. The 9500 had two brush heads and cord storage in the base. Their R732 model has two brush heads and cord storage.

I explained this to the customer service rep I spoke with on the phone and also explained that on amazon.com, the 9500 and R732 are the same price and the R710 is $20 cheaper, indicating it is not an equivalent replacement for the 9500. I was rudely told that the R710 is better than the 9500 and that I could not get an R732 as a warranty replacement.

So now I have to go out and buy a pair of brush heads to be able to use the item I was sent to replace their defective product, and deal with a cord that is too long. I will never buy another Sonicare product again, and I will be careful to avoid buying anything made by Philips since they obviously make defective products which they refuse to stand behind.

3a8eabe5, 2008-11-07, 11:14AM CST

The on/off button on my Sonicare toothbrush is broken. Model number 070724, HX7500. Any advice on what I can do to get a replacement?

9c6d136b, 2009-01-22, 11:21PM CST

The power button on my Sonicare 9500 is also coming apart. Thanks for the post regarding the lame duck warranty; I won't bother trying to avail myself of it.

80024350, 2009-02-26, 10:25AM CST

I had the same problem... My original E7300 stopped working so I called them on the replacement. They sent me the R710 with one brush.. now I have to go out and buy 3 more brush heads for the rest of the family...

Thanks for posting! I will switch to another manufacturer since they can not keep their warranty promise

e01db2c9, 2009-08-22, 08:11PM CDT

They are now replacing the 9500 with r732s :)

e01db2c9, 2009-08-22, 08:35PM CDT

Call the company, especially with those numbers on your handle. They are now replacing all elites with high end healthy whites. It is true that the r710 is an upgrade from the Elite 9500, but the accessories are not the same and you do not get as much as the r732. So, now they never send out r710s as replacements.

dba21933, 2009-09-17, 11:58PM CDT

same problem here with HX7500 (elite 7500) green power button. mine still works (for now) but the rubber coating over the button is broken and the button appears to be pushed in on the top. love this brush and would like to get it repaired, if possible. don't think mine is still under warranty and don't have a receipt as it was a gift. any recommendations about specific repair places in the usa? somebody mentioned searching "sonic repair" on ebay but i got no results.

thanks!

43cd1413, 2010-06-12, 11:58PM CDT

I'm going to post this on my face book and tell all my friends this product is a rip off! I have had 3 sonicares and the on off button magically falls a part after a year or so! I will NEVER buy another sonicare product....EVER!

ce928453, 2010-06-18, 04:01PM CDT

An internal component broke within the base unit of my Sonicare HX6930 and I called Phillips to see what I could do about it. The representative said that the product is no longer under warranty and that there's nothing they could do about it. I even offered to pay to fix it and the rep told me that because that internal part is broken, the Sonicare is now USELESS.

I purchased the product in late 2008 and expected to last longer than a year and a half. Philips products are expensive investments that apparently are not meant to last long. I used to tell people how good the Sonicare toothbrushes, and promote their product. Now, I'm pretty shocked about the response I received from the Philips' Representative and their lack of customer care, and worse yet, the fact that I was told by a Philips' Rep that my product is now "USELESS".

124875b4, 2010-06-21, 07:31AM CDT

I have had the same problem with my Sonicare toothbrush and despite the fact that it was bought less than 2 years ago, the company customer rep refused to offer me a refund or replacement as I had no proof of purchase

ae7c4ff2, 2010-09-20, 10:43AM CDT

the number starting with 0 is the date it was made. 080214 is 2008 feb 14th. when you call just make up a number that is within 2 years. i did it ;)

376b0aa6, 2012-03-04, 06:59PM CST

my sonicare will no longer charge, because it is over two years old i was told that it is trash. they do not offer anything, repair, replace, discount, nothing i will never buy philips products again. For a $120 dollar toothbrush i expected to get years of service

9befa20a, 2013-05-05, 10:58PM CDT

I have sonicare healthy white tooth brush. I just got it in January and the sides are peeling off. Its so nasty. And the mold that gets under it. I can't take it back because its been to long in the eyes of target. 4 monthes is not long. I paid 119.00 for this crapy brush. They should, sonicare, send me a NEW ONE!!!!