Costco via IN HOME DESIGN SERVICES - Costco's Design Services - Carpet

Posted on Sunday, November 9th, 2008 at 7:57pm CST by 27b76530

Product: Carpet Installation

Company: Costco via IN HOME DESIGN SERVICES

Location: Concord/Walnut Creek, Ca, US

Costco's Design Services "Decorator" was non-responsive, difficult to work with and rude. They overestimated the quantity of carpet needed for the job and ultimately the installation was performed by a sub-contractor of a sub-contractor and was deemed by an independent flooring expert to be "the worst he had ever seen".

Our hastle with the "Design Services" people went on for months but, ultimately, Costco refunded our money and removed the carpet.

39bb837b, 2010-11-06, 08:24PM CDT

We had a very different experience with Costco's Design Service in Los Angeles. They were very professional, measured correctly, showed us only top-quality Shaw carpet and the best padding I've seen after comparing at Home Depot and several independent stores. Costco beat the price of everyone else with better quality carpeting and the installation was fantastic. We are extremely happy with our purchase and highly recommend Costco for carpeting!

18ffdcb2, 2011-03-27, 05:19PM CDT

I am in San Luis Obispo and I had an EXCELLENT experience as well.

We purchased carpet and blinds - the professionalism of our designer and installers was superb. The price can't be beat either!

There was only one downside. Even if you know exactly what you want (we took 20 mins total to pick out our blinds and carpet) The paperwork takes a LONG time.

I will ABSOLUTELY order from them in the future.