VIRGIN MOBILE - VIRGIN MOBILE?? REAL RIP OFF!!!

Posted on Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 at 2:52pm CST by 5d55012b

Product: Cell service

Company: VIRGIN MOBILE

Location: USA, USA, US

URL: http://www.virginmobileusa.com/

I am an existing customer with virgin mobile the past few months. I have to warn you about their practices and service. First off I purchased a couple of their cheap phones called a Kyocera for 19.99 @ Walmart. At witch time i asked about pix text availablility with this type of phone. I was told they were not sure. So i took time to actually call Virginmobile to make sure the phone recieved text including Pix text. I was told that the phone was capable of recieving pics by a Virgin mobile rep. After the rep went and supposedly checked the phone functions. So i then bought the phones. After witch, we found that not only the phones terrable with dropped calls. It did NOT recieve pics! After contacting customer service @ Virgin mobile. By the way it took over 5minutes to do so. I was told there was nothing they could do. Even tho it was one of their own reps that gave me false info. Well I was already on a monthly plan. and at the timemoney tight. So we kept the phones. We got exactly what we paid for. Cheap service from a cheap phone. So soon after I upgraded to a Flare phone. I figured it may permorm a lil bit better than the cheaper phone. And @ the time again, money was tight. The Flare phone seemed to have issues,keeping or holding a signal. Even if it was sittting still in our living room. So we determined that the Flare reception was actually poorer than the first phone we bought. Well all the while I am calling their customer service to try and work things out.

No matter what my issue was.

Weather it was so many dropped calls?

Or getting my messages over 24hours later?

Them charging me for minutes I did even use. Like charging me minutes to call my own voice mail, even though I call from a land line. Or my timer on the phone will say 7:00pm and my minuts are suppose to be free. Yet I got charged on serveral occasions. A minute here or there. Funny how EASY their web site is set up for you to order phones. Very user friendly. Yet you cant get anyone one the phone, and when you do they have no power to do anything. Are reluctant to give you any information about their name, employee number or anything. THe majority of them are not even stationed iin the USA. THey are in the Phillipines, and talk with an accent. If its VIRGIN MOBILE USA, WHY am I talking to someone in the Phillipines, who can barely understand english, let alone care about my fustrations with the company! THAT SUCKS!! NO REALLY IT DOES!! I'm sorry, i lost track......So let me bring you up to speed. I contacted VirginmobileUSA prior to the end of OCt, 2008. I explained to thm I noticed online that they said I had only a couple of daytime minutes left. Yet I knew I had more than a week to go before monthly billing. I told customer service I was calling and had three concernes. 1. because I was not happy with the Flare phone and how I had been dupped into purchasing the first phone. I also stated that the current phone I was useing "FLARE" was unacseptable and wanted to maybe give it back and I would pay difference to upgrade phone. 2. THat I had paid for text message and had not recieved any text.

3. I felt that if I had been a customer for several months, and had minutes left over every month that they TAKE away. Could they extend me maybe 10-15 minutes to be sure i dont go over. Thats the least they could have done I figure. Seeing that I am a cutomer who pays antime ect. Nope Not Virgin Mobile

1. Reguarding the phone. I was told there was nothing that could be done and if I wanted to purchase another phone they could sell me one.

2. Reguarding my text. At first they said they see wher I paid prior to November. and I was billed for text. Yet I never recieved a Text on Flare phone ever!!NEVER!

They made me pay for a new phone. Even tho the Flare was almost new. I felt forced to buy a more exspensive phone. Because they would not do anything. She told me if I bought a "ARC" camera phone. THE SUPERVISOR mind you in Malasia. Told me she could sell me an ARC phone for half price. The phone sells for 49.99 online but if I buy it from her, she would charge me the 49.99. But then put 25.00 of that 49.99 back into my VirginMobile account. EVEN THO I WANTED MY MONEY BACK IN CASH. I HAD NOT MUCH CHOICE BUT TO AGREE TO TERMS. I STAYEd on the phone while she set me up to mail me the new phone. ANd while she added the 25.00 to my account....

I got my new phone a few days later. After I had passed thru Target and noticed the same ARC phone I jus bought eselling at Target for only $30.00....

Well I got my phone two weeks ago. Around the same time new billing started.

When I went to activate the Arc I noticed that of the 25.00 credit that was suppose to be in my account their was only 23.15? I asked about it. And it WAS determined that I was not suppose to be billed for text, cause I paid for texting. And so they changed somthing said I would not be billed for text anymore. But that they could not refund my money to me @ THAT moment because they have to inveestigate or somthing? I said to the operator. Why do you have to investigate when you just admitted you made a mistake. Then you dont want to give my money back? He said it would be back in my account less than a week. IT WAS NOT IN MY ACCOUNT AWEEK LATER. And to futher make it worse they took more money from the 25.00

Now I call them up...it takes forever to reach a real supervisor who is no help. I say to them. I am calling about the missing funds from my 25.00 credit? THey tell me There is no RECORD OF THEM OWING ME 25.00 And that I was charged for text before my switch. And that they dont owe me any money?? THESE FREAKIN CROOKS!! WHAT DO THEY THINK I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN WASTE MY time mastering some sort of sceam to get 4.00 or a few free minutes? I have never been more frustrated with any company. AND I HAVE NEVER FELT RAPED BY A COPMPANY TIL NOW!

I asked them stop the auto pay from my account. They told me if I want to cancell my service. ANy money in my account and all minutes are theirs. AND THEY WOULD NOT OWE ME ANYTHING??

What is a consmer to do in a sitiation like this. When all of our companys outsourse all their work, and start a policy or protocal that does not hold them account ble. And lets them RAPE or ROB their customers!

We are american citizens!! And we deserve better. Any company who is allowed to do this should be shut down.

If I take money from someone, by force, trickery, I would be going to jail. And i feel that someone in that company should be going to jail.

If I cancell my phone now. I am out of

4.00 they already took and claimed was never there.

21.00 in credit. It was jus away for them to lock up my money so they can steal it with their POLICY.

And i would be out a phone and over half amonths service. because they have been paid for NOVEMBER already.

AThats over $50.00 not even counting all these cheap phones I'm stuck with.

I wish i could take em to court for all my money and mental stress!!

If anyone from Virgin Mobile USA is reading this!! I wil see if I can get a lawyer to help me. and many more like me I'm sure you done wrong!

MAybe I will take this to YOUTUBE and solicite help There??

For anyone else reading this. DONT GO TO VIRGIN MOBILE!!DONT GO TO VIRGIN MOBILE!! DONT GO TO VIRGIN MOBILE.

YOU BEEN WARNED!

VIRGIN MOBILE: GIMME WHAT YOU OWE ME. My money, and my respect! You want me to stay calm while you rob me? NO I'm sorry cant do that! I have to make NOISE!

c458eec9, 2008-12-23, 10:14AM CST

I have a question! Did you actually go to school and pass your spelling tests??

a55850a6, 2009-01-15, 11:40PM CST

I WISHED I HAD SEEN THIS BEFORE I GOT MY VIRGIN MOBILE PHONE. WE HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING BUT RUNAROUNDS AND LIES FROM THEM. I FILE COMPLAINTS WITH B.B.B. AND THE FEDERAL TRADES COMMISSION.IF MORE PEOPLE DID THAT THEN MAYBE WE CAN GET ROUGE COMPANIES LIKE THIS ONE OUT OF BUSINESS. ALSO I THINK IT'S SAD THAT A COWARD CAN ONLY RESPOND TO YOU ABOUT YOUR SPELLING.HAVE A GOOD DAY.

d977dfd4, 2009-07-11, 07:42PM CDT

VIRGIN MOBILE IS A RIPOFF!!!!! I BOUGHT 2 RINGTONES IT CHARGED ME DOUBLE FOR BOTH AND I TRIED THEM AND THEY DIDN'T WORK!!!!!! ALSO THEY TAKE 32 CENTS OUT OF MY ACCOUNT BALANCE EVERYDAY AND IM NOT EVEN SIGHNED UP FOR ANYTHING ON IT!!!!!! I AM FURIOUS!!!! WHATEVER U DO PPL.. . . DONT GET VIRGIN MOBILE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >=[

083224d8, 2009-07-13, 11:54PM CDT

i agree to all of you are saying,.virgin mobile is a huge rip off,. i spent over 200 dollars a month on those stupid top-up cards., sometimes i would put 20 dollars on it every other day., yes your askin why wouldnt i just spend 60 dollars and get the whole month unlimited,. BECAUSE I DONT HAVE 60 DOLLARS TO BLOW AT THE TIME,.so i would just do the top up cards., well it doesnt matted cause i just went to cricket and so everyone knows Cricket offers 35 bucks a month and you get unlimited talk and text,. wow!!thats awesome!!screw virgin mobile and that guy that thinks he is some kind of spelling bee fag..if your going to waste the time to put a comment on this ,dont comment about peoples spelling., comment about what the topic is you retard., this wasnt a blog about spelling you idiot it was a blog about virgin mobile!!duh...

5f560cda, 2010-02-17, 07:45AM CST

AS A CUSTOMER IN THE UK - I WILL SECOND AND THIRD AND FOURTH EVERYTHING THIS LADY IN THE USA HAS SAID.

THEIR TREATMENT OF CUSTOMERS IS APPALLING - AND I HAVE TO SAY BEING ON THE RECEIVING END OF THEIR PRACTICE VERY UPSETTING.

I USED TO BE AN ADMIRER OF RICHARD BRANSON - BUT SADLY VIRGIN HAVE GOTTEN TOO BIG - AND FORGOTTEN THE ESSENCE OF THE SERVICE ESPOUSED BY THEIR FOUNDER - VERY SAD.

eaca8b33, 2010-03-02, 05:56AM CST

they have been charging me for the service that i m not even using nad till now it up to R1500.YOH i m not intereste any longer

06e40bb9, 2010-07-25, 12:45PM CDT

Take it to youtube and you got a revolution in the making.

I only have one thing to say about this,

FUCK VIRGIN MOBILE!

c47b0ff4, 2011-04-15, 08:10AM CDT

Really? You can go anywhere online and see all that you complained about. You get what you pay for. You cannot expect to get Verizon costomer service and phones for the little you're paying. Money is tight for me so I am glad I have an opption to still have a phone. When I starting making what I once did I will go back to a more expencive company with much better customer service.

You are not entitled to great customer service. You pay for it. Do your research before you buy (and calling a rep from the company as your only source is NOT doing your research).

Raul P., 2012-08-26, 05:51PM CDT

Virgen Mobile charge me twice on July 13th for the amounts of $45's each I asked if they could return one of the charges and all they did was give me the run around treated me like I was either stupid, an idiot or lie to me and just continue to try to trick me these calls where done on July 13th, 14th, and 15th. So I started a charge back (on July 16th) and when I got my money back through my credit card they suspended my account(notice I only charge back only the extra charge) Now I have to buy a $45 top up card and they'll un-suspend me (as if it was an extortion fee) and then they'll let me use my phone again. They want those $45's that they stole from me so bad it's ridiculous fine you'll get them I give up there is no way to come up with a friendly solution with this corporation. So until further notice Virgin Mobile "The poundings will continue until morale improves"

By the way the phone calling is ok most of the time text messages are good unless you have a garbage android phone(since they run out of storage memory) and finally the internet is extremely slow or non existent after three months into the service; this is my personal experience. And the further I look into this; this is they're usual practice of charging twice for the same service and once a charge back is made they suspend your account.