Target Superstore - Target hits a new low in customer service

Posted on Saturday, November 15th, 2008 at 3:28pm CST by c9646e1b

Company: Target Superstore

Location: Jacksonville, FL, US

I bought a $40 space heater from Target. I only noticed when I got it home that was damaged, there were parts ratting around inside. I didn't even open the box. A few days later I took it back for an exchange. I could not find my receipt.

They would not exchange it for me since I didn't have my receipt and I had paid cash. I only wanted a new one! Also, it's like I'm being penalized for paying with US currency instead of credit.

The store manager said that they could not override the computer, and unless I find the receipt I'm on my own. He said I should fill out the warranty card on the heater and contact the manufacturer. Riiiight.

I spend at least $200 a week at Target. Correction...I USED to spend $200 a week at Target. There are many other retailer choices within the area(Walmart, Publix, Winn Dixie).

Target has now lost all my business over a stupid $40 heater.

c458eec9, 2009-01-28, 12:38PM CST

We too bought a heater for $40 and it also rattled inside fearing it could be damaged we opened the box carefully and to our relief there was a sticker attached to the top of the heater that said "rattling inside heater is the inside componants that is normal" we plugged it in and it works perfectly try using the heater BEFORE crying foul...dumbshit!

659cb0e0, 2010-09-01, 07:55PM CDT

That's what you get for not keeping your receipt.