Majic Jack - Daniel Borislow - Majic Jack VOIP Telephone is Garbage

Company: Majic Jack - Daniel Borislow

Location: P.O. 6785
West Palm Beach, Fl, 33405, US

URL: http://MajicJack.com/

We have tried countless times to fix the issues we are having. We have talked with literally all levels of technical support. Technical Support is not even upset when you tell them that you are sending it back.

Service is intermittent at best. Many times, Magic Jack has on many occasions dropped phone calls or puts the call on hold and then drops the call. The software will not allow you take the call off hold.

If a third person calls, the call is automatically turned into a three way call.

Many times, you dial the number after getting a dial tone and it will dial and then there is silence.

Many, many times the calls clarity is so bad that the other person gets frustrated trying to talk to you.

We have moved the software & device to a separate computer and still the problems persist. We have made sure that the base of the phone is not anywhere near any other electrical devices.

We have restarted the software, unplugged the device, reformatted the device, downloaded updates, switched USB ports, restarted the computer, changed options in security settings and various other Windows XP options per technical support. I would like to add that my husband is an MCSE and has various other certifications as well and has tried repeatedly to work with the technical support.

It is my understanding that Magic Jack doesn't have a telephone and not even in the detailed license agreement is there a phone number or address. Through research, we found that MajicJack is owned by YMAX.corp.

There is also a complaint on RIPOFfreport.com. The number of the report is 320581.

The Better Business Bureau in Florida has had over 280 complaints in 6 months and has launched an investigation. www.wptv.com/content/investigate/story.aspx?content_id=57BCE2BD-41BF-47E9-9FBD-CEE879D2D64C

It is also my understanding that the product is actually in beta 3 testing and has not actually been around for the two years the "cute" advertising says.Magic Jack has only been available since 1/2008.

Magic Jack.com has an Editor's Choice endorsement from PC Magazine, but I had a hard time finding it, because the company is called YMAX Corp. PC Magazines site also has a statement "DO Not Buy Magic Jack".(www.ymaxcorp.com)

Daniel Borislow (owner) says he invested 17 million in the product and has 20 years in the telecommunications industry. I suppose he is working getting his 17 million back by hook or crook! S.J. Labs developed the software for MagicJack and by affiliation should be included in an investigation. (www.sjlabs.com)

See magic-jack.pissedconsumer.com also has some choice comments about the quality of Magic Jack.

Feel Free to contact me if you have any questions. ([email protected])

d77c661d, 2008-12-12, 08:17PM CST

We are going through exactly the same experience as described in the above article. Very rarely are we able to complete any call. Usually, the dial tone returns quickly and the call does not go through. If by any chance it does, the quality is very poor and the call is generally dropped after about 3,4 minutes.

In trying to resolve the problems, we have tried to contact the support system several times. We have also been passed from person to person, going through the same story, not getting anywhere. Spending 1 to 1 1/2 hours every other day "chatting" online with Teachnical Support, getting nowhere. There is no phone number to call, there is no place for complaints.

We were assured that the problem will be resolved within 2-12 hours, it never was.

I would agree that this is the biggest ripoff going at the moment. I sure would like to talk to Mr.Borislow and tell him what I think of his product!

f131c720, 2008-12-23, 11:13AM CST

I can't and don't dispute that you are having problems. But I have not had any of the issues that you are describing with either of the devices that I own. I have used MajicJack for both domestic and international calls with no problem establishing or maintaining a quality call. I cannot comment on problem resolution since my problems have been only administrative and have been resolved quickly.

fc948198, 2008-12-29, 02:31PM CST

CALL QUALITY PROBLEMS CAN BE FIXED BY GOING TO THE MENU AND ADJUSTING THE VOLUME AS FOLLOWS:

YOU HAVE PROBLEM: ADJUST HEADSET/SPEAKER VOLUME

OTHER PARTY HAS A PROBLEM: ADJUST THE MICROPHONE VOLUME.

WHILE THE ABOVE ADJUSTMENTS MAKE WORK WHEN USING ONE COMPUTER, YOU MAY HAVE TO MAKE THESE ADJUSTMENTS AGAIN WHEN USING ANOTHER COMPUTER.

INSOFAR AS CUSTOMER SERVICE, IT IS VIRTUALLY NO-EXISTENT AT ANY LEVEL. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYTHING YOU SAY OR ASK, AND DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY STATEMENTS OR QUESTIONS. IT IS WORSE THAN TALKING WITH A WALL. I HAVE OFTEN HAD THIS PROBLEM WHEN CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS IN INDIA.

IF ANOTHER PROBLEM OCCURS, USUALLY FIXED BY UNPLUG/PLUG OPERATION.

IN GENERAL, WORKS GREAT IN U.S. AND GERMANY (OTHER COUNTRIES, IF PORT NOT BLOCKED BY GOVERNMENT)

I HAVE USED AND WORKS WELL (ON BOTH PC AND APPLE).

7e105565, 2009-08-16, 12:23PM CDT

I too have this product and now my so called License due date arrive I attempted to purchase anc extend license I am unable to complete purchase as all transactions of payment is stopped by their site and I talked to all steps of Live Chat and all cant help me only gave EXCUSES of Review and no solutions to fix the problem. I have now a silver box in my USB port and it is useless without the account being activated.

MY QUESTION IS THIS: CAN ANY OF US STAND TOGETHER AND FIND A REPUTIBLE ATTORNEY AND FILE A CLASS ACTION SUITE.

PLEASE ADVISE ME.

[email protected]

Richard F., 2011-12-01, 04:20PM CST

I agree. Magicjack is an unreliable piece of garbage that works when it feels like. When it doesn't work, or the sound quality is poor, magicjack blames the internet provider....though that is the very provider they use to sell you on the product...and I have FIOs so I have outstanding internet as well as a state of the art computer. Try to get ahold of technical supoort. Its a nightmare. they don't want to talk to their customers. No phone # to call. One must do an on-line chat and after that (always) ends in failure, they say they are sorry. That's it. "I'm sorry". Ask for compensation for not being able to use their product or service and all you get is "no, I'm sorry". Cancelled my subscription and suggest consumers stay away from this broken toy that doesn't work.