Directv - Directv has poor customer service

Posted on Thursday, November 13th, 2008 at 1:54pm CST by a241af25

Company: Directv

I was given a credit to remain a customer with Directv, I accepted and didn't cancel. A month later I found out that my credit was removed. I was told by a supervisor that the rep that gave me the credit used her own dicretion but other reps have the right to remove the credit. I am now being charged $207 when I thought I had a zero balance.

I have been with Directv since Nov. '07. I paid my bill religiously every month since the start of my service.My service was bundled with my aunt's phone from verizon at first but I called Verizon and told them to separate it and I will deal directly with Directv.In Aug. '08 I received a bill that was twice the regular amount.I called Directv and I was told that Verizon has sent them a charge to add to my account but they don't know what it is for and I have to call Verizon and ask them.I called Verizon and I was told that the charges were the difference from when I was paying a cheaper price in the bundle and now over 6 months later they are going back to recover it.I called Directv again and explained what i was told and told the representative that I want to cancel because I don't want to deal with a company that adds extra charges to your account without knowing what they are charging you for.Especially when I have been paying on time every month since I started my service.She agreed that the charges didnt seem fair and offered to give me a $150 credit to not cancel my account.I accepted and didn't cancel.I called Directv again about 2 months later to cancel and spoke to another representative who told me that she was going to remove my credit if I cancel.I told her that the credit was put on there to keep me as a customer otherwise I would have cancelled already.I asked for a supervisor and she told me someone would call me no one called and i cancelled a month later.