Ritz Camera

Product: Free Printer

Company: Ritz Camera

Location: Tysons Galleria
McLean, VA, 22102, US

I went into Ritz tonight, lured by the desire to buy a digital camera and to get the "free" printer (value up to $90) advertised. (You buy the printer, then get a rebate to be reimbursed.) After settling on the camera, the saleswoman told me I could have for my "free" printer a Canon or an Epson. The printed circular which came in Sunday's (Nov. 9, 2008) Washington Post stated the "free" printer was an Epson. Never mind, said the clerk, you can have the Canon (retail price: $109, $20 more than the Epson),instead. I chose the Canon. After the transaction was completed, and I was charged $115 (with the tax) for the Canon printer ("to be reimbursed"), I badgered her about the rebate form, none of which she had, and she had to go to a computer and print one. After waiting a few moments, surprise! The Canon's rebate was good for only $80. What a shock. I demanded to be reimbursed for $115 and to get the Epson instead. Well, can you imagine? After examining the rebate form for the Epson, she told me the rebate expired Nov. 1, 2008, eight days prior to the advertisement. Is this not "bait and switch"? I did not buy a printer.