Rolland Elliott Studios (Perfect Protrait) - rentphotobooths.com - Bad Man/Business - Rentphotobooths.com

Posted on Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 at 7:33am CST by 5921dd4d

Product: Photobooth

Company: Rolland Elliott Studios (Perfect Protrait) - rentphotobooths.com

Location: 14019 Southbridge Forest Dr
CHARLOTTE, NC, 28273, US

URL: http://www.rentphotobooths.com/

Category: Wedding Services

Summary - We rented a photo booth Rolland Elliott Studios and the printer stopped working within an hour and a half. The attendant told us he would get our photo strips and a cd of the photos sent to us Monday the 6th. This never happened. I initially contacted Rolland Elliott on October 10th and several times thereafter. It is now November 11th and nothing has been resolved. We have never received our photos, but were charged $929. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General. Do not buy any services from this guy unless you want a headache and want to lose money. Similar situations have occurred to several other individuals (look online for other complaints via ripoffreport.com, Better Business Bureau, ect.) or just search his company to find more information. Below are the events which have occurred up to this date:

We contracted Rolland Elliott Studios to provide us with a photo booth for our wedding reception October 4th 2008. The printer stopped working about an hour in a half after the service started. The attendant told us that he would send us a CD with the pictures and the physical photo strips the week after our event. This never happened so I contacted Rolland Elliott on the 10th. The following, are the events that occurred from my initial conversation with Rolland Elliott to this point in time. When I originally talked to him on the October 10th, I mentioned that his attendant told us that he would send us a cd with the pictures and the photo strips on Monday the 6th. I then mentioned to him that we haven't received them. He then stated that the photo booth was being shipped back to him and it would arrive sometime the following week, at which time I will download the photos to a cd, print them, and send them out to you by the week of the 20th. I told him I would follow up with him if I didnt receive the photos the week of the 20th. My wife then called him on the 27th, and he stated that he would contact the attendant. I then called him, after my wife, on 27th and he informed me that he emailed the attendant to get in contact with him. After he told me that he emailed the attendant, I then asked him why you emailed the attendant when you stated that the photo booth was being shipped back to you and that you were going to get us the photos. He then replied that I would never say that the photo booth was shipped back to me when it was with another client. So at this point, I knew that something was not right. He did state that the photo booth was being shipped back to him and if he didn't say that the photo booth was being shipped back, then why didn't he just contact the attendant on the 10th? The attendant could have sent us the photos himself the week of the 13th and this would already have been resolved. Furthermore, in the contract it states that If the printer fails to print out photos on site the Provider will be allowed to give a web site to the client where there guests can log onto and order prints free of charge with free shipping as well as the ability to download the digital files for their own use. They never provided us with this website. I then told him that I would follow up with him on the 29th to check the status. I called him on the 29th and he had not heard from the attendant. I then asked him what is going on. He told me that he thinks the laptop was broken and it would have to be shipped back to him for them to extract the photos to be sent to us. I asked him how he knew this since he hasn't talked to the attendant. He then said I'm assuming that is the case since one of his attendants in the St. Paul area had a broken laptop. I then asked when and if I'm going to receive the photos. He stated that I would receive them, but it would take up to two weeks. I want to believe that is the case, but given the first conversation we had on the 10th and everything that has been said and done up to this point, Im skeptical in what I believe. I told him to contact me when he talks to the attendant. He told me a may be a couple of days. It is now, November 3rd and I have not heard from him. Since November 3rd, Ive been trying to contact him and he will not answer the phone. I called on November 5th to which he assistant Alisha told me that he told her tell me they are working on it and they would call me on Friday. Friday passed with no phone call. This is twice he has told me he would call me with the status of the photos and I have never received a phone call from him. At this point, since he is not letting me know what the status of our photos and will not call me back, I have no other reason to believe that I will be receiving my photos. Rolland Elliott has not lived up to his contract and has been given a sufficient amount of time to resolve the matter.

5baeed1e, 2009-02-16, 10:01PM CST

I had a very similar experience renting a photo booth for my wedding. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ROLAND ELLIOTT OR RENTPHOTOBOOTHS.COM!!

3a2d0ea1, 2009-02-18, 06:24PM CST

Why don't you warn others by posting a COMPLAINT near the website "rentabooth.com? No one searching for a photobooth rental is going to see the connection between rentabooth.com and Rolland Elliott Studios. (I've had my problems with Rolland Elliott also). Thanks.