FastRental.com

Posted on Monday, November 10th, 2008 at 1:33pm CST by e83075b6

Product: On line rental posting service

Company: FastRental.com

Location: Not listed
US

URL: http://www.fastrental.com/

Category: Real Estate

On October 20th, I sent in a payment of $49.41 to post my rental opening in their premium site. I wanted to make changes to the postings, but in order to do that I had to email support services. Repeated attempts yielded zero support. In addition, there were no rental leads whatsoever. What a waste of money!

a3d16e9c, 2009-01-20, 10:16PM CST

I sent a payment to list my condo in response to a rather sophisticated email (some guy posts to multiple emails including mine trawled from craigslists saying he needs help renting his condo, someone else replies saying to use craigslist and fastrental).

Once I had paid I had access to he listings. They had a handful of listings in San Francisco (compared with hundreds on Craigslist). I didn't get a single inquiry from a possible tenant through fastrental (compared with lots from craigslist).

Although they posted an ad, I paid $45 for a service that was far inferior to craigslist.

The email thing was pretty clever, I got suckered in.

I'll be checking next month that they don't put me on autorebill or anything like that.

a3d16e9c, 2009-01-20, 10:48PM CST

PS to my last comment: although I did not authroize it (I always check) they have charged me a second amount, unauthorized, 3 weeks later.

When I called the support number, a pre-recorded message asked me to send an email. To which they have not replied.

Its a scam. I've disputed the charge with my credit card company and will need to keep doing it till they stop.

9c76a064, 2009-11-23, 02:29PM CST

I agree with the previous person's posting. I listed for 21 days and got 0 calls. I ended up renting the place for free through craigslist. This site also continues to bill your credit card after you cancel your account, which is very annoying. STAY AWAY!!!! this is not a good service to use and there is 0 value for your money!

d88e64d1, 2009-11-23, 02:30PM CST

be662800, 2010-02-17, 01:56PM CST

I too got the same email for a home I'm renting in sunnyvale Feb. of 2010 ! should have check them out first as not a single response compared to numerous on craiglist !! this is feb 2010 a year after you ,paid more than u did for the listing !! got suckered in !! yes will check they dont autorebill me

71a0a694, 2010-04-29, 07:30PM CDT

Oh WOW. I'm SOO glad I found this site.

I've just setup my ad and was online searching for a discount code when I found the complaints here.

Going to delete my ad NOW!!!

I was totally suckered in by the email I got to from someone asking for advice on where to post Ad's and someone replying to use thier site. MAN!