HITACHI - HITACHI DVD CAM

Posted on Monday, May 26th, 2008 at 4:50pm CDT by 47fd868f

Product: HITACHI DVD CAM MODEL BX35A

Company: HITACHI

URL: http://hitachi.us.com/

I got a Hitachi DVD Cam (BX35A) for Christmas in 2006. I used it rarely-for vacations and special holidays, etc. The total hours of use is 3 hours-6 half-hour DVDs of video. I have taken very good care of it and treasured it as the fine piece of electronics that I supposed it was. The last time I tried to use it (after sitting in the cupboard for a few months, I tried to put in a new DVD disc and the door wouldn't open. Repeated tries, resets, etc. did no good. I called Hitachi and they had me send it to a repair facility-CC Bell in St. Louis MO. I included $65 just to have them look at it. After some time, CC Bell contacted me and told me it would cost between $300-400 to repair the camera. This is about the cost of NEW CAMERA!!!! I called Hitachi customer service, went through a couple of service people before finding a manager. I told them I shot only 3 hours of video and that the camera was essentially brand new!! They offered no help whatsoever. I own several still cameras, a clunky old VHS Sony, a Sharp Mini-DV, and numerous old film cameras. All of these sturdy old dinosaurs still function quite well thank you. I did some dollar calculations for the time I spent with my Hitachi and I found that I spent about $133/hour to shoot the video with their product. At $133/hour I believe that I could have gotten a professional production company to have filmed it for me. I now have a very unique, $400 paperweight-thank you Hitachi! I am totally unhappy with Hitachi and their stance concerning their products. I will not be looking at Hitachi for any products that I will purchase in the future. I would advise all others to beware!!!

4c29b946, 2008-10-08, 06:13PM CDT

I AGGREE 100% MY VIVEO IS JUNK. IT IS A DISCK CAM AND IT KEPS SAYING THE DISK NEEDS REPAIRING THEN I CANNOT ACCESS THE DISCK I AM AFRAID TO RECORD MORE THAN A FEW SHORT MINUTES FOR FEAR IT WILL SCREW I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THIS AND I CANNOT GET ANYONE TO HELP ME WITH IT IT WAS A COMPLETE RIP OFF

618ff86f, 2010-01-15, 11:55AM CST

I wish I had read this before I purchased my DVDCamcorder made by Hitachi. I hear you. I had similiar problem with model DZ-MV730a except the lid would not remained closed.