1st Financial Bank - I hate hate hate this 1st Financial Bank USA credit card company. Beware

Posted on Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 at 2:14am CDT by d42e7c05

Product: Credit Card company

Company: 1st Financial Bank

Location: 5959 S. Mogen Ave
Sioux Falls, SD, 57108, US

I never in my life thought I would regret using this credit card company. I've been with the company for 8 years and my balance is not paid off yet. I always have auto debit taken out. Not just for the min payment but a little extra added to auto draft. Out of the 8 years I've never been late. The last time I used the card was in 2005. Before then the card was last used in 2002. I called the credit card company yesterday to ask why auto debit is not set up anymore. I was advised it stops after two years. I was advised if I wanted to reset up auto debit payment I will have to pay at least 290 dollars a month. I was advised the reason for the change was a federal law. I asked did they sent something in the mail regarding the change they told me yes. I told them since they sent it once to resent it again. The rep was speechless, reason for speechless because he lied. Then he tells me another reason for increase of monthly payments is to avoid late fees and other fees assetment. I asked when was the last I used the card. He was speechless again because the last time I used it was in 2005. I told rep he is just feeding me Crap because he do not know what to say. I asked about getting a decrease in my apr. Was advised the lowest apr they have to offer. I asked if I wanted to make a payment over the phone or online, he told me a fee can be $12 or 12.50. I cannot believe this credit card company. Every day I regret this card. Its like a nightmare. I cannot wait until I do a balance transfer to zero out this account. Then all my worries will be gone. I cannot wait. Please do not sign up with this company. Fyi I will be sending a letter to Corporate office. I really don't think they will do anything about it. I really don't think the company cares about their customers at all. BEWARE!!!!! DO NOT SIGN FOR A CREDIT CARD COMPANY. TRUST ME I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. A VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER I AM.

4864f426, 2008-08-17, 07:19PM CDT

I Completely Agree With You About Them, I Have My Payments Directly Taken Out Of My Account The 2nd Of Every Month, My Due Date Has Always Been The Fifth. Last Month Without Notifying Me The Due Date Changed To The 2nd also. they said i was late paying so they charged me 40 dollars which took me over my limit so they charged me 40 dollars. and if you go over your limit the intrest jumps from 0 to 21 Percent. All In All This Is The Most Innefecient Bullshit I've Had To Endure In My Life.

ccd324f4, 2009-01-09, 04:12PM CST

I also hate hate HATE this credit card company!!! They charge me a fee of $9 everytime I make a payment online and if I make one on the phone, it's $12. If I have an overdraft, it's $40 and if it's over the limit, it's $37. I hate this credit card company so much, I wish it would somehow crash down and burn and return all our money. Then it would be closed down forever, never to return again.

86c7b755, 2010-03-25, 01:17PM CDT

I AGREE 1000%. MY APR WENT FROM A LOW 5% TO A 26.90% WITHOUT ME EVER RECEIVING NOTICE, WHEN I CALLED TO COMPLAINT TO THEM THEY SAID THEY HAD "SEND OUT NOTICES" SO IT WAS TOO BAD FOR ME, THEY COULD NOT CHANGE THE "POLICY".WHAT POLICY? THE ONE WERE THEY STEAL THE HELL OUT OF YOU! i AM GOING TO FILE A LEGAL COMPLAINT AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HOW MANY OTHER "VICTIMS" WILL JOIN ME! I FEEL THAT WE HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO FIGHT THESE CREDITORS WHO THINK IT IS ALRIGHT TO STEAL FROM YOUNG ADULTS TRYING TO START OUT. I AM SURE THERE ARE ALOT OF STUDENTS IN MY SHOES RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE THEY TARGET "COLLEGES"!. SHAME ON THEM!

b2c05591, 2010-08-04, 06:06PM CDT

After I have had 1st Financial Bank USA's credit card for 6 years, I decided to close the account in 2005 and just focus on paying off the balance. As I attempted to pay off my balance, they have jacked up my interest rate so badly over the years (and the reps are so stubborn on the phone) that owing them anything is like owing money to satan. You must avoid 1st Financial Bank USA at all costs! Stay away from them, believe me! I have now been with these people for 11 years and they have become a problematic company.