Directv - directv customer service

Company: Directv

Location: PO Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO, 80155-6550, US

URL: http://dirctv.com/

I upgraded my standard service to HD in April. The tech came to install it and it was working fine. He told us when the leaves came out on the trees we would probably have to cut a tree down to improve our reception. The leaves came out and we lost HD, so we cut the tree down with not improvement. I called directv and they sent another tech out. He told us that we would never be able to receive HD because our land was too wooded and that we'd probably have to cut down another 6-8 large oaks to maybe ger reception. Of course we were not willing to do that and quite upset that we'd cut a tree down in the first place. When I called directv I was offered no resolution and was told that their policy did not allow for refunds once installation was complete and that they could send me another receiver but it would extend my contract even further. Needless to say I could not believe they would offer such a ridiculous solution. So now I'm in a 2 yr contract and out $214.00 dollars for a HD receiver that does not receive HD and service for a month that half worked. The only thing they were able to do after many phone calls and several long waits on hold was to remove the HD channels and not charge me anymore for them. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told that she was busy and would call me back in 2 hrs. That was 2 weeks ago. I was also told that they did not have a number for the cooperate office. Beware of Directv!! As for me I have contacted the local tv stations, the BBB, and every blog I can find to warn other people about the fraudulant practices of directv.

caba09a2, 2008-05-28, 06:08AM CDT

my cell is of relaince and i lost 3 times 10-10 rupees in one month without any use.can u gv me any detail abt it.bz i lost more money nd i m getting dissatisfation from customer care.

21733b4a, 2008-05-28, 01:41PM CDT

Have had horrible exp. with Direct TV. their customer service is a joke and their technicians are all criminals.

d1bb430f, 2008-08-12, 05:06PM CDT

The technicians are a joke. All they do is to ask you to reset your receiver as if that fixes all of the problem. It doesn't, and they know it, but will keep you on the phone over an hour so they could weaken your will to just live with your issues. I am cancelling my Directv and will tell everyone I know not to join or even move on.