Sela Roofing

Company: Sela Roofing

Location: 4100 Excelsior Blvd. St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Twin Cities, MN, 55416, US

URL: http://www.selaroofing.com/

1) High pressure sales tacticts in which they basically won't leave until you sign and offer a 10% "discount" only if you sign that night (this is to be certain you don't have time to get other estimates and realize how overpriced they are.

2) Then, after charging 30% more than other companies, they send what I'm certain were illegal immigrants who are subcontractors

3) work was poor, they put the exhaust vents on the front of the house and garage, so I am alwasy looking at them.

4) They broke one of my windows during the install and Sela refuses to pay for it.

I urge you to use another roofing company!

46d69561, 2008-05-16, 07:04AM CDT

I would be more than willing to help you solve any issues you may have. If we broke a window we would be more than happy to fix it for you. I need a name and address. As far as the exhausts vents. If they can be moved we can move them.

Pat Hall

869aab4d, 2008-06-27, 03:18PM CDT

I just read your compliant regarding Sela Roofing. We've had many of the same issues with them. And while I "think""hope" our roof is fine...they painted our maintenance free siding,now it doesn't match and its also no longer maintenance free. Their customer service is anything but customer service. Besides being unhelpful and slow to return calls, they are rude.

I too urge anyone thinking of using this company to think twice...and then hire someone else.

d54c1783, 2008-07-30, 10:04AM CDT

We have also had problems with Sela Roofing and Remodeling. They hired a subcontractor who hired a crew of 11 non-English speaking workers to install our roof. We had questions for the roofers, but we could not tell if they understood us. The siding subcontractor provided 2 siders that took over 3 weeks to side our average two-story house. The end result for both projects was far from professional for the amount charged. The siding workers were rude and complained to the subcontractor because we asked them questions. The customer service staff at Sela rarely returned phone calls or responded to letters. When they did respond, they were rude and treated us like we had no right to ask them anything. We were never told who the project manager or contact person was for our project. The roof was completed 2 1/2 months ago and the siding completed 4 weeks ago and we are still waiting for Sela inspectors to come by and inspect our property, fix the corrections, and give us the final invoice.

d54c1783, 2008-07-30, 10:18AM CDT

We also have been having problems with Sela Roofing and Remodeling. It has been 2 1/2 months since our roof was installed and 4 weeks since our siding was installed and we are still waiting for the Sela inspectors to inspect and make corrections to the projects. The customer service staff has been slow to respond to phone calls and letters and when they do respond they are rude. We were never told who the project manager or contact person was for our project. We were expecting more from a company that had been in business for 25 years.

0820de6f, 2009-01-15, 10:59AM CST

We had storm damage to our home in May of 2008. I could not get anyone from another company to address my damages in a timely fashion. I contacted Sela and they were very responsive. Sela worked directly with my insurance company and with our adjuster. We were compensated for damages that were missed. Sela completed the work and the workers were great to work with. The clean up was excellent and was done everyday. I would not hesitate to use their services again. I have told my friends and family about our wonderful experience

8c5f0188, 2009-01-16, 08:20AM CST

We contracted with Sela Roofing and Remodeling in August of 08 for our home remodeling project. Sela installed a new roof and siding. I too must say we experienced what we consider a very positive and wonderful experience. They walked us through the entire project from the begginning to the end. The salesman, the office staff and the field workers where wonderful. Whan the project was finished we had a few concerns and Sela addressed them in a timely fashion.I will use Sela again with out hesitation.

b1f6114f, 2009-01-16, 08:29AM CST

We contracted with Sela in August of 08 for our roofing and siding project. Sela walked us through the entire project from start to finish. The entire staff from our salesman to the field workers were great!! When the project was finished we had some small concerns and Sela addressed them in a timeley fashion. We have had several comments from our neighbors who love the way our house looks, THANK YOU SELA

a177f3c1, 2009-01-21, 09:54AM CST

I agree. The salesman told us verbally that he personally would get back depreciation from our insurance and then jacked up the price. We have not received the money from the insurance and SELA is going to put a lien on the property because we won't pay the difference. I think we should go to the attorney general.

552d152d, 2009-01-27, 09:53AM CST

I had storm damage on my home in St.Louis Park and had no issues with Sela. The crews were fabulous, gutter guys did a great job, Angel and his crew did a phenomenal job on the roof and an outstanding clean up. Jaime and his siding crew were great. They worked with my insurance company and went above and beyond expectations. Flawless process. Second time I used Sela and will use them again. three of my neighbors used them and they were satisfied.

Nancy

c4a20ae9, 2010-02-10, 04:49PM CST

Doesn't sound anything at all like the Sela Roofing I was dealing with... They were professional, on time, cleaned up like it was their own home, and followed up later to make sure we were completely happy. Their price was very competitive (basically in the middle of 5 bids we got), and just from my brief interaction with them, I can't imagine that they'd break a window and refuse to pay for it. Are you sure you're not a competitor???

8d291865, 2010-06-08, 07:01AM CDT

Be careful on this. If the you are a party to an inflated estimate to cover a deductible, depreciation or just to get more money from the insurance company it is insurance fraud.

2c174df1, 2014-07-26, 07:40PM CDT

Well.. here is it storm damage from 2013 and being repaired in 2014,, and Sela is still up to no good and lousy service and quality of work. They did not complete roofing as they were supposed to which caused interior damage (massive) to my home and refuse to reveal their insurance company to me. I do NOT want them doing anymore work on my house as they failed miserably on roofing, siding and windows already. POOR POOR workmanship, POOR POOR POOR communication and down right RUDE and disrespectful management which also sends the message to workers to be the same.. RECONCIDER... I wish I did, I thought they had improved since these postings.. NOT