VITACOST

Product: NSI PRODUCTS

Company: VITACOST

Location: boca raton, fl, US

URL: http://WWW.VITACOST.COM/

IN THE PAST 8 MONTHS OR SO, I HAVE HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH VITACOST, NAMELY A LINE OF PRODUCTS THEY SELL CALLED NSI, WHICH IS NUTRACEUTICAL SCIENCES, INC.

I ORDERED A BOTTLE OF FLORA-GLO LUTEIN WHICH DID NOT HAVE THE SHRINK WRAP ON IT, WHICH IS THE PLASTIC WRAP YOU SEE ON ALMOST EVERYTHING. THE BOTTLE SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT IF THE SHRINK WRAP IS NOT INTACT, DO NOT TAKE IT. SO I CALLED VITACOST, & ASKED FOR ANOTHER BOTTLE & THEY SENT ANOTHER BOTTLE "WITHOUT THE SHRINK WRAP". I HAD TO CALL AGAIN & ASKED FOR A SUPERVISOR, WHO CHECKED THE INVENTORY & SAID NONE OF THEM HAD SHRINK WRAP. I ASKED HER IF MAYBE SHE SHOULD REMOVE THEM FROM THE SHELVES & SHE SAID "I SUPPOSE SO."

ANOTHER INCIDENT INVOLVED "NSI LIQUID L-CARNITINE WITH RASPBERRY FLAVORING". I HAD BEEN TAKING THIS FOR ABOUT A YEAR & KNEW HOW IT TASTED, SO WHEN I RECEIVED A BOTTLE THAT TASTED VERY DIFFERENT, I CALLED & THEY SENT ME ANOTHER BOTTLE EXACTLY THE SAME. I CALLED AGAIN & ASKED FOR A DIFFERENT LOT # TO BE SENT, BUT LO & BEHOLD! I GOT THE SAME LOT # & THE SAME AWFUL TASTING PRODUCT.

BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL OF THIS LINE OF PRODUCTS. THEY COULD SPELL DANGER. I WARN YOU TO CHECK THE BOTTLES CAREFULLY FOR ANY TYPE OF TAMPERING OR SHRINK WRAP THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE & ISN'T, & ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T TASTE RIGHT. THIS WARNING GOES FOR ANY PRODUCT FROM ANY COMPANY.

84da50cf, 2008-07-10, 05:48PM CDT

You think this is bad, we just found out that they have a little box, if you leave it checked while finalizing your purchase, they sign you up for a membership with some shopping discount for $19.95, we accidentaly found this charge on our C.C. statement. We called them and they said that they know, but you have to read the fine print yourself. The BBB gave them an "F" rating. We're done with this company.