Costco - Costco Bad Business Practice

Posted on Wednesday, May 14th, 2008 at 9:20pm CDT by d8dbb953

Company: Costco

Location: US


Category: Other

*** Costco - Everett, WA **

In 2007, I had a returned check to Costco. This check was returned due to a bank error. However, I was in a car accident and three months of rehab (outside my residence). Upon getting home, I went through stacks of mail to find that I had a returned check. I immediately went to the Costco store to try to remedy it. Armed with a letter from BofA (stating return was their error) I went up to Costco to pay the check. They had turned it over to a collection agency. I told them the circumstances behind the check and why it took me six months to get up there. They still insisted I deal with the collection agency and would not recall the check back. The collection agency charged an additional $95 in fee's for the check. So, a $142 check cost me over $235 with Costco. The manager's name is Bill and apparently didn't even care or show any sensitivity towards my situation. The bank volunteered to pay the return check fee of $25 but would not pay the additional $70 in fee's. I simply asked for Costco to do the right thing. If I bounced the check due to my mismanagement, then I would take the consequences of that. But not knowing there was an issue due to stuff beyond my control only goes to show how insensitive and profit oriented this company is. Thank you Costco for victimizing me. I vow never to shop with you again. The time I lost from work due to my accident and the changes this accident has caused my life, you just added fuel to the fire.


46b9ac91, 2008-05-23, 10:34AM CDT

I may be wrong, but once you give a debt to a collection agency, it's out of your hands then.

Why is it Costco's fault that you didn't keep your affairs in order?

29b9b58f, 2008-11-04, 02:36AM CST

it is not costco's fault that you were in a wreck. it is not costco fault that you had nsf in your account.nor is it costco's fault that the bank made an error. pay the fee to collection agency.

Post a Comment