Digitel - False Advertising

Product: Digitel DSL

Company: Digitel

Location: Dau, Pa, PH

URL: http://www.digitelone.com/

Digitel is advertising several plans for DSL ranging from 384Kbps to 1.5Mbps under the Bida program bunndled with a landline. After installation of a Bida 1232/832 Kbps line, it only tested an average of 431Kbps. The best I got was 450Kbps so it was close in every test in the mid 400 range or half of the advertised 832Kbps. I have placed several called to customer support and they say that they have checked the line and its just busy before 10pm and after 8am. I checked it after during non-busy times and my speed didn't change. The modem reports 512Kbps download speed as well. I ask customer support to change my plan to 512Kbps since that is closer to the speed I get and they said the office had to do it. I went into the office today and the customer support rep stated that "you will only get half of the speed on the flyer". I ask why do they advertise the rates falsely and to change my plan or give me the rate I signed up for. I don't know what my next step is besides a complaint to DTI or get a private laywer.

a869bb5a, 2008-07-14, 10:46PM CDT

i will watch this complaints, i have the same issue as you. really false advertising.

8f0a3ee8, 2009-02-09, 06:29AM CST

I agree to that... I also get slow connection, half speed than I subscribed. I suppose get 1Mbps but I only get an average of 560Kbps. False advertisement indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!