American Honda Motor Co., Inc. - Measly 29 MPG of 2006 Honda Civic EX

Posted on Thursday, May 1st, 2008 at 11:04am CDT by f35762bd

Product: 2006 Honda Civic EX

Company: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Location: American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Honda Automobile Customer Service 1919 Torrance Boulevard Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
Torrance, CA, 90501-2746, US

URL: http://automobiles.honda.com/

I am getting 29 mpg (no a/c, closed windows, only 2 adults with total weight of 280 lb, trunk empty, proper tire pressure, no aggressive driving/acceleration, no hills)

When I spoke with Honda Motor Corporation representative about my concerns, he stated the following about the FACTS OF HONDA CIVIC gas consumption.

It is a fact that the car would never get the mileages printed on the sticker that the car came with and it was misleading the public.

This misleading is the fault of the U.S. Government, not Honda Motors.

The actual gas consumption was 15-25% worse that what Honda presented during the sale of this vehicle.

He claimed that even a 20-lb of suitcase would make a dramatic change on the Honda Civics gas consumption. He stated that this suitcase would be the culprit for obtaining worse than expected gas mileage consumption.

I find this and other similar and ridiculous explanations of the horrible gas consumption of my 2006 Honda Civic part of the cover up of the public misleading and perjury by Honda Motors.

cecb45d3, 2008-06-15, 06:31AM CDT

Absolutely amazing. I assume you have an automatic trasnmission. My 5-speed,2004 Civc does wonders with gas (36 to 48 mpg) depending on how I drive (in-town, highway, fast or speed limit, and how agressive I am). The car is such a joy to drive (acceleration and handling), that it is hard to avoid not having fun much of the time.

a9ca9d6d, 2009-11-24, 01:48PM CST

I just visited Honda's website. The overall mpg estimate is 29. I'm surprised that you aren't getting better milage, since my 2006 Civic has averaged 38.4 mpg over the first 56,000, but since 29 is what Honda states on their site, I'm not sure that you can complain about it.