SST credit card services

Posted on Friday, March 7th, 2008 at 9:29pm CST by e3184148

Company: Not Available

As I have read, there are many people experiencing the same issues with sst card services. I too had a providian card that was switched over to sst services with a very short notice. I contacted providian to see exactly why the account was changed and the response was "we no longer service your account, you need to speak with sst". I have had nothing but trouble from these people. The only reason I kept the Providian card is that I was able to see my credit score each month for free. I have now had a very irritating confrontation with sst about a payment I made online on February 10, 2008. The payment I posted came up with a confirmation number like all other online payments, however this payment never posted to my account, and I did not write down the confirmation number. I was basically harassed by sst once they realized that the payment was late (they called me on a sunday evening around 9pm est) even after a prior "courtesy call" had been made and I went online and paid the amount due. I then requested that a supervisor would look into the situation because I felt that the charge was ridiculous. The representative I spoke with initially gave me an estimated turn around time of about 4 days, saying that her supervisor would look at the account and place remarks as to the decision. I waited until 7 days after the initial call before contacting them and was told that the supervisor had not looked at the account yet and was advised to wait yet another 4 days. So, I spoke with a representative this evening and then a supervisor and the supervisor was completely dismissive. I stated that I was disappointed in the level of customer service that they appear to offer. As a customer service agent for an insurance company I know that if my supervisor or any other representative spoke to anyone the way they treat people we would all be fired. Apparently this company is not interested in anything other than making money off of people who are actually trying to uphold their obligations. I strongly suggest that anyone who has an SST credit card pay it off and close the account asap, obviously they are only concerned with keeping customers dissatisfied.

4b772f31, 2008-03-11, 10:34AM CDT

This credit card company is a nightmare!

I closed my account with Providian before they even sold my account to SST.

Since that time, nearly 3 years, now, & without ever using this card, my balance just keeps increasing. It's now up to $1,000 & over my limit so they keep charging fees to my account. After being laid off in December, & falling behind on my payments, I inquired about a payback program for customers that were unemployed.My other creditors have offered such a service to me, but SST said they had no such program available. I found out 2 months & $300 in fees later that there is a hardship program available, but they are now telling me that I did not qualify because my payments were paid on time. This is not true because since my layoff, I have not been able to make the payments on time. After reporting them to the BBB recently, they lied & told the BBB that I was informed of such a program but did not qualify. At the same time they stated that since I defaulted on my payments (late payments), the fees were totally justified! Contact your Attorney General & have them investigated. That's my next step. Cardholders beware of this horrible, deceptive company.

f21994a8, 2008-04-19, 12:11PM CDT

I have received numerous calls from SST where they hang up as I answered. I told the reps about the problem and they told me I couldn't have received more than three calls. When one rep read back to me all the calls that had been placed, totalling 7 total calls before noon, he did not apologize for the inconvenience or offer to take my number off the auto dial list after I had already arranged payment through my bank. The calls continued, each time disconnecting when I answered. I finally bugged them enough times that I was put on the line with Jim Laws. He told me he was the CEO and said that there is no way I was called as many times as I had claimed. He was very condescending and told me he was a very busy man. Well I am a busy man too! He then promised me my number would be taken off the list and I got another call on a Saturday morning while eating breakfast with my family. This company is horrible! Stop dealing with them and maybe they can be shut down.

77aac674, 2008-11-20, 07:40PM CST

I agree. I dont even have an SST account and they continually call me. i have requested a supervisor and they refuse to give me one because i dont have an account but yet they can call my phone 15 times a day during work, breakfast, dinner and late unexceptable times. I am filing a Better Business Burea claim against them. You should do the same. Call customer service and get a supervisor and request tax id and addrss. go to BBB website and file a claim. This unexceptabl and have no worries they will be out of business no matter how much federal goverment tries to bail them out. Please read and file claim for that is the only approach to end this dispictable, unexceptable and disgusting behavior of the company and its customer service representatives.

signed

SOMEONE WHO DOESNT EVEN HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH SST.

PS. to send this i have to type pickshaft.. haha

d9ee3145, 2009-07-20, 01:57PM CDT

I called them and they told me ( A Natasha) Told me they were opened till midnight and she will transfer me. Well I HELD, HELD, AND HELD. They are only there Monday thru Friday. When I did get ahold of someone It sounded like a 90 year old women that was rude as could be. She would let me get a word in edge wise. I just wanted to close my account. When I wanted a supervisor she hung up on me.. What is this crap we have to deal with in USA.. I thought this so called new president was going to take care of these things. A 29.9% APR from 11 Is not to fair if you ask me. And charge it to the full balance. I could speak for hourse but Im sure you have got it all your selves. Im very sorry.

3b5e9883, 2010-01-24, 10:16PM CST

haha suckas!!!!!!

6acbe5c9, 2010-02-08, 06:56PM CST

I was furloughed and couldn't make my payment so I asked for a deferment. I was told to fax them the name and number of 5 family members not living with me that they could use as a reference. Friday night a woman went to my ex-wifes house and tried to give my mother-in-law some paperwork. When she refused the woman shoved my mother-in-law to the ground and told her to have me call SST. Obviously we're pressing charges. But this is what they do with the names and numbers that you send them when you request a deferement. And I still didn't get the deferment.

00b7d996, 2011-01-30, 07:37PM CST

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT THE SST COMPANY;i HAD ENOUGH OF THEM THIS JANUARY.I HAVE 2 ACCOUNTS I ALWAYS SEND THEM IN TWO WEEKS EARLY BUT THIS TIME THEY SAID THEY NEVER GOT THE ONE DUE ON 23 FOR 10 DOLLARS I SENT IT OUT ON THE 6TH TO PAY EARLY AS I ALWAYS DO MAN THEY HAVE CALLED EVERYDAY AND NOW EVEN SUNDAY EVENING AT 8 OCLOCK AT NIGHT ILLNESS IS IN THIS HOME WITH LUPUS AND THEY ARE SO NASTY NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT ALWAYS EARLY OR PAY MORE THAN WHATS DO AND THEY REALLY GET NASTY AND DONT PAY TWP PAYMENTS IN A MONTH BECAUSE THEY WIL NOT COUNT IT TOWARDS A PAYMENT FOR THE NEXT MONTH AND WILL START CALLING AND HOLLOWING ITS SHAMEFUL THAT SOMEONE WHO IS ILL HAS TO GET THE PHONE EVERYDAY THROUGH SUNDAY TO TELL THEM IT MUST OF GOT LOST I WILL PAY IT JUST SEND THE BILL AND I WILL MAKE IT UP ON NEXT PAYMENT AH YOUR CREDIT WILL BE NO DANG GOOD NOW YOUR DONE ON YOUR CREDIT COME ON HOW ABOUT EVERY MONTH I NEVER MISSED ONCE AND SENT IT IN EARLY YOUR MANNERS ARE SERIOUSLY DISCUSTING AND NO REMORSE FOR THE SICK GET OFF OF IT AND LOOK THINGS OVER BEFORE YOU TREAT PEOPLE LIKE CRAP..........have witnesses of how you harrassed the house in one day and all week plus sunday

78cb5e01, 2011-02-22, 09:30PM CST

You are exactly right this company is a bunch of con artists-I finally stopped the calls after getting rid of my home phone, but now and have always had problems getting on their web site..it is always down amazingly when I need to pay my bill..to all use another web browser and do a search for sst credit card..then look for the contact us link you can get in to your account from the back side by using this, it gives you a sign on option..hope this helps anyone who needs this..this company sucks and as soon as I can pay it off I will.

345184a6, 2011-11-01, 06:45PM CDT

Hi i too am fed up with this company. I have contacted a consumer lawyer to file a suit. We are getting a home equity loan and had to get payoffs for an exact day. We didn't pay the bill on time because of this, they called 3/4 times a day. We told them we closed on a home equity loan and you have to wait 3 days for disbursement and they will be paid off. Well today they decided to call my father (same name) different number and address as I to harass him about the bill. I feel this is violating privacy rules, they didn't verify his birthdate or social just his name. I hope this company goes down and we get this card paid off for free for all the harassment.

0ad5f62d, 2013-07-26, 05:34AM CDT

I have had this card since 2008 it was Providian when I had it and no problem but then switched to SST and had nothing but problems and it seems you never decrease in the amount you owe no matter what you pay monthly. I had around $2500.00 charged on it and been paying more then what I owe each month and have not use the card since 2008 and still owe around 1800.00 this is terrible that you can't get a card lower then this in 5 years. I have never seen a credit card like this. I hope no one gets involved with SST. I got this card with Providian when I had my business and thought it was a good card. I came in my business name and that was fine, but then when it switched to SST the interest rates went up and now it's is awful.