Haier America - Haier Washer Dryer Combo - MANY problems

Company: Haier America

Location: 120 Riverside Drive
Keasbey, NJ, 08832, US

URL: http://www.haieramerica.com/

I purchased a Haier America washer/dryer combo last June. I used it once and after one wash cycle the unit broke. I called Haier and told them that the cycle selector knob was stuck and that the unit was not drying clothes properly. I also told them that a bunch of water was left in the drum even though the machine had gone through a dry cycle. A repairman was called and when he came out he replaced the timer. He left and the machine did not work when I tried it again.

After about a month Haier sent another repair man who claimed he had never seen this type of machine before and he ordered a new timer and a new motor. He installed these after they arrived and the machine still did not work. Finally Haier called me after two months had gone by saying they would send another repair man out. The new repair man came out and deemed the unit un-repairable. He said that the unit had been flooded and that the electrical system was rusted out. The unit is in my basement so now Haier is claiming that my basement flooded. My basement has never flooded but I am not surprised that the electrical system is rusted. Water was sitting in the machine for five months because nobody they sent out to repair the unit knew what they were doing.

I have tried to call Haier many times to find out what their final decision is. The machine is under warranty for a year and so it should be replaced. I have had so many people telling me the problem would be looked into and I would get a call back but never have.

It has been eight months now of talking to customer service people with no answers as of yet. I am assuming that Haier will not be replacing the machine that is under warranty and that they will continue to make excuses. I will contact my lawyer, the Better Business Bureau, and I will post my nightmare situation all over the internet. I do not recommend that anyone buy Haier products. They do not uphold their warranty and I have since read other reports of similar problems with flawed products.

1b9de19b, 2013-11-21, 02:53PM CST

I am in the same boat. Haier could not find a service man to come to my area. They offered a replacement but I requested a refund. The company I bought it from (compact appliance) would not warrantee they just referred me to Haier. It has been two months with no help. Can't tell you how many times I have called. I get excuses but no corespondence to back my claim. I do not intend to eat this, but I hope I live long enough to solve this problem. The company makes no excuse for not standing behind its product.