Preston Dodge - 2005 Dodge Neon

Posted on Wednesday, March 5th, 2008 at 2:21pm CST by 8c9e4b3d

Product: 2005 Dodge Neon

Company: Preston Dodge

Location: Beaver Falls, PA, 15010, US

Where should I begin? I purchased my 2005 Dodge Neon brand new in January of 2006. Brand new vehicle, only 6 miles from test-driving on it. No worries, right? Wrong. First week I had it, there was a loose hose clamp that caused my vehicle to leak antifreeze and leak, no spurt is a better word, and my car overheated. luckily i come from a family of mechanics so i know to pull over immediately and shut of the engine when a car starts overheating. tow truck came an hour later, took it to the dealership. the dealership was closed, i called my salesman, the same one who was my "best friend," while he was selling me the vehicle, and told me i could call him any time whether the place was open or not and he'd help me out. yeah. ok. i was stranded there until my sister could pick me up.

After that incident, I ad no probems with the car. until a little over a year later. Only about 17,000 miles on it. my car started overheating again. i had it towed 3 or 4 times to the dealership. They kept telling me that their computer couldn't find anything wrong with it. so i, family of old-school mechanics, started asking around for advice. how is it that someone that has "real" experience with vehicles can guess exactly what is wrong and a computer can't find it? my uncle told me "head gasket." so the dealership finally said, oh yeah, it's a head gasket. they fixed it. not after causing problems in my life for about three weeks, but it got fixed.

after that, i had no more problems with it. until now. not even a year after i had this thing fixed. it seems as though the fuel pump is going. and i only have about 27,000 miles on it.

Am i going to have problems with this thing every 10,000 to 15,000 miles?

i bought a brand new car because i wanted the security. but at this point, i'll take my beater mini-van back any day!