Air Purifier Home - false 30 day trial offer

Company: Air Purifier Home

Location: 17335 Mount Wynne Circle
Fountain Valley, CA, 92708, US

URL: http://www.air-purifier-home.com/

I am writing to share my experiences with the Neoair Enviro 68108 Home Air Purifier with 5 Air Filtration Stages, web site: http://www.neoair.com/neoair-products-enviro.html?gclid=CMLZjt6f9JECFQ7GGgodE2v3wQ . Neoair????????s Worldwide Headquarters are listed as: 9999 NW 89 Ave Bay #8, Miami, Florida 33178. Their phone is listed as: Toll Free: 1888-6NEOAIR.........(1888-663-6247) and their fax as: Fax:.......305-6752779. I purchased the unit from a dealer: Air Purifier Home, 17335 Mount Wynne Circle, Fountain Valley, CA 92708; phone: 800-215-0714; fax: 714-200-0665 and email: [email protected] .

After extensive research on the Internet for these types of air cleaning products, I selected the Neoair Enviro 68108 and purchased it via the Internet on July 2, 2007 at 6:50 p.m. Central Time. My order number was 402770.

The unit was advertised as being able to treat the air in a 450 square foot area. I used it in a 240 square foot bedroom and kept the door closed to prevent air from the rest of our home entering it. I have a special 3M Filtrete HEPA air filter on the furnace/air conditioner and have cleaned the air ducts. I have an allergy to dust and was trying to reduce my exposure to it. The bedroom has a hardwood floor and there are no drapes in the room, only blinds that are cleaned regularly.

After trying the unit for almost a month, I was not able to detect any noticeable improvement due to using it. I had left it turned on, in its automatic mode for this time. I then decide to return the unit in accord with the published 30 day trial period listed on Air Purifier Home????????s web site. It stated: ????????All products may be returned within 30 days of the shipping date through our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If the product is returned in new condition within 30 days, there will be no restocking fee assessed. For ALL RETURNS, please call ahead of time to get a return authorization number(RMA) prior to return.????????

I first emailed them online from their site on July 31, 2007, at 11:13 a.m. Not receiving any response, on August 1, 2007, I began calling them and leaving messages. They have an automated answering service, where you have to select sales, customer service, returns, etc. I chose returns and left my first message at 12:15 p.m. Not receiving any response, I left another message at 4:39 p.m. This one was more urgently worded. Still not getting any response (their lines were busy when trying to get returns), I called again at 4:52 p.m. This time I selected sales, rather than returns, and got to speak to a person immediately.

The first person I spoke with was Julie Ann and she transferred me to Ashley for returns. I was informed that my return would be subject to a 15% restocking fee, which was the policy of Air & Water, Inc. (a sister company to Air Purifier Home). I pointed out that I did not order it from Air & Water, but from Air Purifier Home, and that they could not legally impose another company????????s policies on my order. See http://www.air-n-water.com/return.htm for this second return policy. Ashley then spoke with Luke Peters, whom she identified as the owner of both companies. I could hear their conversation. I was told that they would not charge me any restocking fee and that only the Request for Return needed to be made within 30 days, as mine was, and not the actual receipt of the return by them. I was then told I had to wait to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization from them before actually sending the unit back to them.

I confirmed this to them in an email and received an email back from them at 5:09 p.m. on August 1, 2007, stating that they had received my RMA request. I further received another email from them titled Return Merchandise Authorization. It contained the following in bold red print. ????????Due to the increased seasonal demand, there may be significant delays while processing your request. Rest assured, our RMA department is working overtime to resolve your RMA requests. As a result, please allow 2 weeks for your emailed response. Thank you for your understanding.???????? Then there is this in black print. ????????We will review your issue and you will receive a reply by email from a returns technician within two to four business days.???????? Finally, following that, is the following in bold red print. ????????Please do not send your item(s) back until you have received your RMA number.????????

After not hearing anything from them, I called and left a detailed message on August 9, 2007, at 2:48 p.m. I have not heard anything from them since! I would like to warn everyone from purchasing the unit. I would more expressly like to warm everyone from doing any business with either Air Purifier Home, Air & Water or any other affiliated companies!

03/29/2008 - I just received a check refunding me for my purchase! The company contacted me soon after I posted this complaint. They emailed me a free FedEx return shipping label and I returned the unit on 03/07/2008 via FedEx pickup at my residence.

ef5580ba, 2008-03-05, 12:56PM CST

Customer Service Is Our Priority!

For any concers, please contact our customer service call center at 800-734-0405. An agent is readily available Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST. If required, please feel free to ask for a supervisor.

The disclaimer mentioned in this concern on our site: http://www.air-purifier-home.com/ is as follows:

Shop with Confidence

We value ALL of our customers and strive to offer friendly and helpful customer service. The privacy of your personal information matters to us, so we guarantee your information is safe and will not be used for marketing purposes. Your order comes with a customer-friendly 30-day return period.

A refund will be honored on a used item if returned with in 30 days of purchase. Because these items can not be resold, a 15% restocking fee will be applied to the refund amount, as is listed on our policy page:

3 Step Return Policy

All purchases may be returned for a refund within 30 days of the original purchase date. Please note that all returned orders will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. To avoid the restocking fee, ask to exchange for the same or another product.

Step 1: Read our online Return Policy, then complete and submit the online RMA form

Step 2: Receive RMA number via email from the RMA Department within 48 hours of submitting a request.

Step 3: Package and the return to the address provided in our email.*

*Once your RMA has been received and verified for authenticity, a refund will be issued or a replacement will be shipped in 3 to 5 business days!

Because this transaction is over a year old, we are unable to comment on the validity of the rest of the concerns listed. Again, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY. We would love the opportunity to assist this customers needs. A representative will be contacting them today.