Newegg.com - Horrible Refund policies

Company: Newegg.com

Location: Newegg.com 9997 E. Rose Hills Road,
Whittier,, CA, 90601, US

URL: http://Newegg.com/

Basically, I purchased a digital frame for my Father-in-Law online from Newegg.com. The product, $165 10.5" Aluratek frame, arrived and was immediately wrapped to present to him. We openned it up, inserted the memory chip with the pictures and videos into the frame, and it doesn't work. I send an email to Newegg asking them if they can do something and they tell me, too bad, so sad, you purchased a product that is non-refundable and non-replaceable.

Nice eh!

Thought you might be able to get the word out to other unsupecting consumers -- this is not a company that folks should purchase from.

Here's the email I received from the company:

From: Newegg.com Customer Support <[email protected]>

Sent: Monday, March 3, 2008 7:15:12 PM

Subject: RE: Newegg.com - RMA>(Mail #010320081376086)* (LTK118010860677X)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Unfortunately, we are unable to issue an RMA because the item is non-refundable and non-replaceable. If you would like to learn more about warranty coverage, please simply click http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/StandardWarranty.asp.

For your reference, please click on the My Account (http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/MyAccount/AccountSettings.asp) link near the upper right portion of our website to print an invoice. All past orders will be shown there. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Alice Hu

43c92d9e, 2009-09-05, 12:54PM CDT

they are horrible, i know. use tigerdirect instead.