Econo Lube - Econo Lube complaint

Company: Econo Lube

Location: 2446 E Platte ave
Colorado Springs, co, 80909, US

URL: http://econolube.com/

Have been going to econolube for a year, they exclusively do my oil changes as i purchased their platinum membership. They also did a tune up for me in 2007. I went in for an oil change in January 08, but they did not tell me that they had to replace the oil pan bolt. That same week I went in for a general inspection at my regular mechanic. Who told me that i had an oil pan leak. I returned to Econo lube where they said that the bolt had been replaced and asked who did it. I said they were the only ones doing any oil changes. They said the oil pan was striped and that they would order a heiloplex ring and temporarily put in a rubber oil pan bolt. I returned to them in two weeks for another oil change and also asked how much it would be for a tune up. They removed one plug, they said to get the part number and quoted me $250. for the tune up with irridium plugs. They tried to pressure me into doing something, acted like they were desperate, (all the employees were standing around with nothing to do) they tried to get me to change the fuel filter, the mechanic said that he knew what he was doing, after i replied "well u work for this company and want to sell me something", they got aggravated, so I decided not to have them do anything. They never said anything about the oil pan bolt. As I drove off my van drove like it was going to stop. I immediately took it to my mechanic, where he said that they did not connect the plug wire. Then they showed me the oil pan bolt and I about flipped out. I don't know what they used, but it looked like a plastic washer with a wing nut on it. My mechanic said that with the pressure from the engine that it could have blown that out from the oil pan and dropped all my oil, possibly causing engine failure. The pan was stripped so bad that he had to replace the oil pan and bolt to a cost of $200.00. My platinum membership expires in April, but I wont go back. I cant afford to take the chance of them damaging any other parts. I am a cab driver and i used to refer my colleagues to Econo-lube. I will now tell everyone that i know including all my customers to "NEVER GO TO ECONO-LUBE". I don't trust them anymore. I know that karma has already taken Econo lube's profits, if they have to stup this low.

a5cbb533, 2009-09-20, 02:07PM CDT

The business is under new ownership. The new owners have no knowledge of this incident.