Laplink Software, Inc. - LapLink PCMOVER DOES NOT WORK

Posted on Thursday, March 20th, 2008 at 2:42pm CDT by KEVIN C.

Product: PCmover 3

Company: Laplink Software, Inc.

Location: 14335 NE 24th Street, Suite 201
Bellevue, WA, 98007, US

URL: http://www.laplink.com/

I purchased pc mover to make things easier and that has not happened. I have run the program 5 times thus far, each time receiving an incomplete message. For example, my documents, pictures, outlook email & settings, and folders that I created are still only on my old machine. I have previously used the Detto product with good result but opted to try yours as it was available for immediate download and theis is not. I should have waited for them to send me the CD. I am not at all happy and hope you can provide me with a solution or refund.

RESPONSE:Please note regarding step 3 in the article: You can certainly try first with just DISABLING security software on both computers instead of removing them, however if that doesn't help, REMOVING security for the duration of the migration would be the next step, in addition to the other steps listed. Please be advised that in general, PCmover is a non-refundable product. This is noted in our Sales Policy at:

THEIR PRODUCT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!

dddfb6da, 2008-12-19, 01:19PM CST

I agree. It is a piece of junk that is banking on a decent original product to line their pockets with money. It doesn't move the programs and settings it says it will and tech support just tells you to read the FAQ.

5543d6e8, 2010-10-01, 10:45AM CDT

I completely agree with consumer who said "WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY" I have purchased two versions of PC Mover for my W7 and neither has worked as advertised. Been trying to get support from LapLink and had ZERO response. Don't waste your money !

c4904f7c, 2010-11-08, 06:33PM CST

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. Yes. Failed to transfer to transfer xp to win 7. Useless "stop" error message. Win 7 easy transfer worked fine. Don't buy this product.

831e9ed0, 2011-02-27, 03:29PM CST

I purchased PCMOVER ULTIMATE that came with a ethernet cable. I wantes to transfer from WIN XP to WINXP. I installed on both machines and activated transfer. After about 3 hours the message said it satisfactorily transferred data. Most of the programs wouldn't open and documents and pictures did not copy. I had to do a recovery on new computer to get it back to basics and now I am installing info manually and will have to find installation DISC's

831e9ed0, 2011-02-27, 03:30PM CST

I purchased PCMOVER ULTIMATE that came with a Ethernet cable. I wanted to transfer from WIN XP to WIN XP. I installed on both machines and activated transfer. After about 3 hours the message said it satisfactorily transferred data. Most of the programs wouldn't open and documents and pictures did not copy. I had to do a recovery on new computer to get it back to basics and now I am installing info manually and will have to find installation DISC's

b09d27c0, 2011-11-11, 06:37PM CST

Same story

Waste of money

Could not transfer XP to new WIN 7 PC

messed up my new PC.

How can these people be certified by Microsoft ?

Mitchell F., 2012-08-04, 10:06PM CDT

Terrible customer service from Laplink. Just purchased PCmover Ultimate through HP. The CD will not open, a bad CD evidently. On the CD wrapper sticker it says: Warning. Once this CD packaging seal is broken, the software cannot be returned. That is more than a little peculiar because you won't know if you have a bad CD until you open the package. Tried to call Laplink but can't get through. Tried to send email as sugguested on their website email failed six times with reason "unreachable for too long." Tried their suggested online chat but never got a response. Maybe their product works but I have no way of knowing. My only option seems to be to go back to HP where I made the purchase through one pf Laplink's beloved partners. Some of these vendors better start taking a closer look at their partnerships. Regardless of Laplink's user disclosures and agreements, their are some legal ramifications when you essentially buy an empty envelope but are expected to pay for it because you opened it. I'm not going away quietly, just as a matter of principle.