Great Expectations, Dallas, TX - Great Expectations, Deceptive Practices

Company: Great Expectations, Dallas, TX

Location: 14180 Dallas Pkwy # 100
Dallas, TX, 75254, US

URL: http://www.greatexpectationsdfw.com/

According to the Great Expecations dating service contract the vendor alleges that they have earned $7000 in the hour they spend selling their services.

During the initial interview (12/22/07) process I was presented w/ membership prices starting @ $6000 min. differing by $500. While viewing what I thought was a very expensive complete pkg. for $6995 Stefanie Hogan swiped my credit card for $7400. At that time I inquired about the refund policy should I change my mind by the time I got home. Stefanie then told me that there was absolutely no refund policy. While I was bothered I felt trapped. Unable to view the membership database until after photos were taken the next week, I was disappointed to find:

1. Copies of the photos were an additional fee

2. An outdated web interface with little search capabilities

3. 40% of the database included inactive members and

4. Very few African American clients.

My disappointment lead me to search the web for complaints. To my surprise there are at least 58 printable pages of complaints about Great Expectations. It was here that I also discovered that I had been charged more than twice what others have paid for the same membership. GE will not deny that I have paid more than others for the same membership and has not offered any reason as to why I was targeted for this amount. As I understand it, contract fees are determined based on the amount of available credit each individual has. I feel deceived and no longer want to participate in the Great Expectations Dating Service. I have not gone on a single date with any member of GE and have no intention of doing so. Essentially, GE has provided nothing but unnecessary credit card debt. I have not gone on a single date with any member of GE. The GE contract allows them to charge consumers who never use the service without any means of cancellation. I have repeatedly asked for a refund via email only to be refused. In addition to filing a complaint with the Dallas BBB and Texas Office of the Attorney General, I have disputed this charge with my credit card company without success.

5dcf8e58, 2009-02-27, 09:34AM CST

It is a shame that a great state like texas would let this go on without warning the public or putting this people in jail I am a single mother of 3 and in my bid to try to protect my kids from felons and rapist, i enrolled with Great expectation, FortWorth branch. I was shown pictures of 9 handsome, not rich, but professional black guys out of the "gazzalion black male members they have". one week and a half later when I was eventually able to log in, only three of this young guys were active, others were inactive, and one of them did not even exist in their database. Of course, they stopped taking my calls the moment they collectd from my credit card. We need to do something; start a chain email to warn people, write to the media if the attorney general office will not help. Worst still, i saw pictures of retired seniors who are trying to protect their retirement money from swindllers on their database. The people who run GE have no souls. I am starting my chain email immediately, and writing to Oprah to do any expose on them.

77bbc68b, 2009-06-19, 08:40PM CDT

Take them to small claims court. In Texas you can do so if the amount is less than $10,000, and the occurence has been less than two years old.

Look up a city municipal court (ex: Grand Prarie), and ask them what to do for a small claim. They were very helpfull to me, and GE settled before the court date rolled around.

77bbc68b, 2009-06-19, 08:44PM CDT

You will need to know that the Official company is called "Great Southern Video" and the party you name is some attourney in Houston.

The municipal court will either help you with this information, or if they are bound, suggest where you may get it.

77bbc68b, 2010-11-06, 09:43PM CDT

I pretty much went through the same thing you are doing now. In their "background check" that they required a valid C.C. for, they actually were seeing how much money they could rip you off for. They tried to get me for almost $8k. I have great credit and keep low to now balance. They wouldn't take no for an answer and refused to give me my CC back until I signed an agreement. I took many of the same steps you did and fought them for almost a year. They have the BBB in their pocket, so don't waste to much time with them.

Find out where your nearest municipal court is. Go there, and ask what you need to do to file a small claim. The people there were very helpful to me. They found the legal name of GE Dallas (Great Southern Video) at the time, and the name and address of their legal counsel (address in Houston). The legal counsel acted all tough in their letters to me and the court, like they were going to court. But, the closer the court date called, the more they wanted to settle out of court. Their attorney called me, asked me what happened. I told him that GE would not take no for an answer, held my CC hostage until I signed the agreement, and I never had photo's taken or used their service (or even signed onto their website). I explained how they used bait and switch tactics to trick me into their office by using irvingsingles.org advertising as a front to GE. He agreed with me, and they wrote me two separate checks to cover what they STOLE from me.

FYI! If you ever see any of those signs by the side of the road that say "City name Singles", pull them up. GE puts those out all over the place. They are put out illegally and the city pulls them up eventually, but why wait for them to take advantage of more suckers like us?

Lance L., 2012-10-09, 07:45PM CDT

Yep i have been had by Great Expectations ! Been a member for almost 2 years. I went out on 2 dates, and never used the service since.I attempted to contact them about buying out my contract. Called 6 times and they said they would have someone call me. Never got a call back. Im a busy person and don't have time for poor service.I'm the nice guy who never comes back ! Well today after calling and demanding someone call me to discuss my situation, i was told i could not cancel my contract or buy it out....What ?? They would not let me buy out the rest of my contract ? What a load of BS. What a poor excuse for a business, No customer service, no return phone calls. Its a business of deception! they were supposed to email me today and i was to respond to it. Well still no email. I have been dealing with just trying to get someone to call me back for 6 months ! I'm done ! don't bother calling the BBB they are not a Accredited Business with BBB and i don't think the BBB cares anyway. So shame on anyone who joins this deceptive organization. They are well trained in high pressure sales and deception just like car salesman, or worse !