Charter Communications - Charter Communications customer service is terrible.

Posted on Monday, March 17th, 2008 at 11:01am CDT by 75241f09

Product: Cable tv service

Company: Charter Communications

Location: various business locations
various business locations, va, various bu, US

URL: http://www.charter.com/

Got my email notice to pay my cable bill. Charter changed their e-pay service so that you now have to have the 4-digit pin from your paper statement to be able to pay online. Since I'd been paying by their old e-pay method, I was no longer receiving paper statements and therefore did not have the pin number. I called their tollfree number to get a pin number or to pay by phone, but was on hold for over 45 minutes. Then I used their online chat service and asked what number to press when on hold to use auto-pay. They would not tell me, tried to talk to me about bundling instead, which just made me mad. Then they said they could handle my payment but would charge me $1.99. I asked again if I could just pay over the phone and they said yes, but it would still cost $1.99 service charge. They kept asking me for all my account information, and would not give me a straight yes or no to my very simple questions, so I disconnected from live chat and hung up the phone (still on hold, by the way). Went to their website and used site search to find out how to pay by mail or SOME KIND of useful information. Nothing. FInally I found the local branch office address and went back to live chat to see if I could mail my payment to that address. AGAIN, they asked me for all my account information and then proceeded to tell me how much I owe. Of course I already know that because I'd been trying for almost an hour to pay it. I finally said can you just give me a simple yes or no answer - can I mail my payment to my local branch office. Finally got a Yes answer from the CSR, who then tried to talk to me about bundling again, which made me even angrier. Unbelievable. And all I am trying to do is send them money. I got the run-around, evasive answers, etc. I then had to ask if I could get my pin number somehow, since they no longer send me a paper bill and they said I should receive something in the mail in the next 2 weeks. I should mention that if I waited for it to come, my bill would have been past due, which I tried to explain to them. Bottom line? They don't give a crap. I think their job is to frustrate people. This is not the first time I've gotten lousy service from these people. I could write a book about this company.

a078725a, 2009-08-26, 09:57AM CDT

I truly understand your frustration charter has bad service the reps are not trained well. I called charter and asked for supervisor and the rep answered and clicked me over to a line that just rang. I clicked over and call back while the phone was still ringing I asked for a supervisor and finnally got one when he came on the line he asked what was the ringing on the line I told him that was me holding for a supervisor and he inturn told me they were very busy. Thats terrible business no one needs to be treated like that when your spending your cash. Most of the time I can't understand the reps not saying don't give foriegner a job but please if you ask for someone who speaks english they should put someone who speaks english on the phone. Instead they put another one on the phone it's my money I'm spending I should beable to understand how it's being spent.