Unicorn Financial aka Chase Health Advance - Unicorn Financial aka Chase Health Advance RIP OFF SCAM

Posted on Wednesday, June 4th, 2008 at 4:14pm CDT by f4b8506c

Company: Unicorn Financial aka Chase Health Advance

Location: P.O. BOX 7030 Mesa, AZ 85216-7030
Mesa, AZ, 85216, US

URL: http://www.mychasehealthadvance.com/

I was warned by my dentist about how they have some questionable billing practices, yet I thought how bad could they be, I mean they came recommended by my dentist as way to pay my dental bills...

But little did I know what I was in for:

It started with the first month's payment which I sent in 10 days before being due -because- surprise they don't offer a way to pay online, and when they slapped me with a late fee they did waive it when I called to complain. And some CSR there told me to call again if I should have any other problems with my payments posting on time because he was sure that 10 days was certainly enough time.

Well now they're not so nice on my monthly call to complain about the same issue over and over again- in fact the last person I spoke to told me that they had placed my account in collections because even though I send my payment in every single month, 10 days before it's due, it mysteriously & magically doesn't seem to actually get posted to my account until just ONE day AFTER the due date, so then they can jack me for $39 + interest.

When I told this you know what, that the FACT was that some of my cancelled checks show that my PAYMENT was processed ON or BEFORE the due date, he said that the date they process and post are different!

And he proceeded to tell me that if I had any issues about how long it takes for my payment to reach them that I should take it up with the post office!

So let's review Unicorn/Chase Health's practices:

1) You can't pay your bill online to make sure your payment posts on time

2) If you want to pay by phone to make sure it gets posted it'll cost you another $29

3) If you send your payment in 10 days before it's due that somehow the post office's fault that every single time your payment magically manages to post to your account after the due date, even though the date on your cancelled check says it was ACTUALLY posted ON or BEFORE the due date????

DO NOT take out a credit line from UNICORN or as they are now called CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE, they are just going to RIP you OFF and DAMAGE your credit in the process!

Report them to the Attorney General!

a7d28cbb, 2008-07-02, 04:30PM CDT

Unicorn Financial aka Chase Health Advance RIP OFF SCAM

FCRA CONSUMER RIGHTS DISPUTE INVESTIGATION

CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE, AKA/UNICORN FINANCIAL, 1250 S CLEARVIEW AVE, MESA, ARIZONA 85208

THIS SUIT IS AGAINST CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE

RE: CHASE HEALTH ADVANCEREVOLVING ACCOUNT

THIS NOTE WITH CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE MUST BE INTERPRETED AND THE RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES OF THE BANK AND THE BORROWER DETERMINED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.

ALL I WANT CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE TO DO IS REPORT MY LOAN TO THE CREDIT BUREAUS AS AN INSTALLMENT ACCOUNT, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT IS THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE. BECAUSE CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE HAS REFUSED TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER PEACEFULLY, IT IS NOW AN ACT OF WAR.

I AM SEEKING PUNITIVE DAMAGES AGAINST CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE, FOR LIABLE RESULTING IN INCORRECT AND FALSE INFORMATION BEING REPORTED TO THE CREDIT BUREAUS IN VIOLATION OF THE FCRA. I AM DISPUTING THE REPORTING OF MY CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE ACCOUNT, WHICH HAS BEEN REPORTED ILLEGALLY AS A REVOLVING ACCOUNT TO EQUIFAX, TRANSUNION AND EXPERIAN THE THREE MOST IMPORTANT CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES IN THE WORLD. MY LOAN WITH CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS AN INSTALLMENT ACCOUNT. CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS DAMAGING MY CREDIBILITY, CHARACTER AND CREDIT WORTHYNESS AND MAKING NO ATTEMPT TO CORRECT THE SITUATION OR ADMIT TO ANY WRONG DOING. SO NOW, I AM GOING TO DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO DESTROY THE BUSINESS KNOWN AS CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE/UNICORN FINANCIAL. I HAVE CONTACTED ALL OF THE MAJOR CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES. I HAD TO PURCHASE THE CREDIT REPORTS AS WELL AS THE CREDIT SCORE IN ORDER TO DISPUTE THIS ACCOUNT. THE FBI INVESTIGATION OF CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS NOW UNDERWAY. I AM A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, A VIET NAM VETERAN, A FULL TIME STUDENT AND I JUST FINISHED SERVING TIME IN PRISON. IT TOOK A LONG TIME TO BUILD MY CREDIT. CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS SYNONYMOUS WITH, MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OTHER FORMS OF CREDIT. THEY ARE IN THE PRACTICE OF LENDING MONEY AND CHARGING THE BORROWER INTEREST, ESPECIALLY AT AN EXORBITANT OR ILLEGALLY HIGH RATE. AN EXCESSIVE OR ILLEGALLY HIGH RATE OF INTEREST CHARGED ON BORROWED MONEY. REVOLING CREDIT IS A LINE OF CREDIT EXTENDED THAT IS GOOD FOR A STATED PERIOD OF TIME, BUT DOES NOT HAVE A FIXED REPAYMENT SCHEDULE. A CREDIT CARD, CHECKING ACCOUNT, CASH RESERVE, OR OTHER CONSUMER CREDIT ARRANGEMENT, THAT GIVES CONSUMERS THE OPTION OF BORROWING AGAINST A PRE-APPROVED LINE OF CREDIT. THERE IS NO CHARGE WHEN THE ACCOUNT IS NOT USED. WHEN USED, THE BORROWER PAYS A FINANCE CHARGE ON OUTSTANDING BALANCES LIKE ON A CREDIT CARD.

CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE OPERATES IN THIS MANNER, CAUSING THE FICO CREDIT SCORES OF THOUSANDS OF UN-SUSPECTING CONSUMERS TO BE AFFECTED NEGATIVELY WHILE CHARGING THE CONSUMER 17.9900% INTEREST.

I ALREADY AGREE TO PAY THE HIGH INTEREST FOR THE FINANCING ON MY LOAN. I JUST WANT THEM TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY REPORT MY ACCOUNT TO THE CREDIT BUREAUS. MY ACCOUNT SHOULD BE REPORTED AS AN INSTALLMENT ACCOUNT AND ACCORDING TO STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS IT WILL BE. I WON??T STOP THIS INVESTIGATION UNTIL THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS OR FORCED INTO A LEGAL SETTLEMENT.

CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS MOTIVATED BY GREED AND FUELED BY DECEPTION. CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE CONTINUES TO REPORTING IN THIS MANNER UNDETECTED UNTIL NOW, AND IT WILL ONLY BE RESOLVED BY A COURT ORDER PREVENTING THEM FROM CONTINUING TO DO BUSINESS IN THIS WAY. MANY UNSUSPECTING CONSUMERS WILL CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE AND SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES UNTIL THIS MATTER IS RESOLVED.

REPORTING AN ACCOUNT AS REVOLVING CREDIT WHEN IT IS ACTUALLY AN INSTALLMENT LOAN IS ILLEGAL IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.

MY ACCOUNT WITH CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE SHOULD BE REPORTED AS AN INSTALLMENT LOAN THE SAME AS MY OTHER CHASE ACCOUNTS. THEY GET AWAY WITH IT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE NOBODY HAS DONE ANYTHING ABOUT UNTIL NOW. THERE ARE SEVERAL METHODS OF COMPUTING FINANCE CHARGES. THE MOST COMMON IS THE AVERAGE DAILY BALANCE METHOD, IN WHICH THE INTEREST RATE IS CALCULATED ON THE DAILY AVERAGE OF THE PREVIOUS MONTH. REVOLVING CREDIT PLANS DRAW FUNDS FROM A BANK CARD ACCOUNT. (UNLIKE CREDIT CARDS), WHERE BILLING ON NEW CHARGES ORDINARILY IS DEFERRED DURING A GRACE PERIOD OF 15 TO 25 DAYS) AND ARE PAYABLE IN THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE. THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA HAS STATUTES EXPRESSLY REGULATING REVOLVING CHARGE ACCOUNTS. THE COURTS OF OTHER STATES HAVE RULED THAT THE SERVICE CHARGE IS INTEREST ON A LOAN AND HAVE SUBJECTED THE CREDIT TRANSACTIONS TO USURY LAWS. DICTIONARY: USURY THE PRACTICE OF LENDING MONEY AND CHARGING THE BORROWER INTEREST, ESPECIALLY AT AN EXORBITANT OR ILLEGALLY HIGH RATE. AN EXCESSIVE OR ILLEGALLY HIGH RATE OF INTEREST CHARGED ON BORROWED MONEY. REVOLVING CREDIT IS A TYPE OF CREDIT THAT DOES NOT HAVE A FIXED NUMBER OF PAYMENTS IN CONTRAST TO INSTALLMENT CREDIT. THE AMOUNT OF AVAILABLE CREDIT DECREASES AND INCREASES AS FUNDS ARE BORROWED AND THEN REPAID. THE CREDIT MAY BE USED REPEATEDLY.

INSTALLMENT CREDIT IS DEFINED AS: LOANS REPAID WITH INTEREST OWED, IN EQUAL PERIODIC PAYMENTS OF PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST. INSTALLMENT LOANS ARE REPAYABLE OVER A FIXED SCHEDULE IN MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS,(FOR EXAMPLE), AN AUTO LOAN-BUT NOT REAL ESTATE AND CERTAINLY NOT HEALTH CARE OR DENTAL CARE. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INSTALLMENT CREDIT AND REVOLVING CREDIT IS CLEARLY STATED IN THE EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT FOR EVERYONE TO READ FOR THEMSELVES. IT CLEARLY STATES THE DIFFERENCE AND THE DIFFERENCE IS CRITICAL. INSTALLMENT CREDIT LIKE MY CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE LOAN HAS RATES & FEES CHARGED UP FRONT FOR A CONCRETE AMOUNT TO BE PAID BACK WITHIN A TERM, OR SPECIFIC LENGTH OF TIME. I EXPLAINED THIS TO CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE AND THEY HUNG THE PHONE UP IN MY FACE.

MY EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT SHOWING MY CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE LOAN AS A REVOLING ACCOUNT IS INCORRECT. IT IS ALSO INCORRECT AT TRANSUNION AND EXPERIAN. IT MUST BE CHANGED OR REMOVED COMPLETELY ACCORDING TO THE LAW.

INSTALLMENT ACCOUNTS ARE CREDIT ACCOUNTS IN WHICH THE AMOUNT OF THE PAYMENT AND THE NUMBER OF PAYMENTS ARE PREDETERMINED OR FIXED SUCH AS A CAR LOAN. REVOLVING ACCOUNTS ARE CHARGE ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE A CREDIT LIMIT AND REQUIRE A MINIMUM PAYMENT EACH MONTH SUCH AS MOST CREDIT CARDS. THESE ACCOUNTS REFLECT DEBT TO CREDIT RATIO AND LOWER THE CREDIT SCORES IF THE AMOUNTS ARE EXCEEDINGLY HIGH LIKE THE LOAN I HAVE WITH CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE CURRENTLY BEING REPORTED AS A REVOLVING ACCOUNT. I DICOVERED THIS PROBLEM WHEN MY PERSONAL STUDENT LOAN WAS DENIED ON JULY 1, 2008 BECAUSE CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE REPORTED MY LOAN AS A REVOLVING CREDIT LIKE A CREDIT CARD. THE CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE LOAN IS LISTED ILLEGALLY AS A REVOLVING ACCOUNT AND CAUSING THE NEGATIVE SCORE ON MY CREDIT REPORT. IT IS ILLEGAL AND MUST BE CHANGED TO AN INSTALLMENT LOAN CREDIT ACCOUNT.

REVOLVING LINES OF CREDIT ARE WEIGHED HEAVILY IN THE FICO? SCORE. CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS REPORTING MY LOAN TO THE 3 MAJOR CREDIT BUREAUS AS A REVOLVING ACCOUNT ILLEGALLY. CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS CALLING MY LOAN A REVOLVING ACCOUNT, AND IT IS NOT, ACCORDING TO THE LAW IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. IT IS AN INSTALLMENT LOAN WITH A FIXED REPAYMENT SCHEDULE. INSTALLMENT ACCOUNTS ARE CREDIT ACCOUNTS IN WHICH ??THE AMOUNT OF THE PAYMENT AND THE NUMBER OF PAYMENTS ARE PREDETERMINED OR FIXED.??

THIS IS TYPE OF LOAN I HAVE WITH CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE AND THEY ARE REPORTING IT AS A REVOLVING LINE OF CREDIT AND IT IS A LIE. CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE TOLD ME ON THE TELEPHONE THEY COULD GIVE ME A LOAN. BECAUSE OF THEIR NEGLIGENCE, MY CREDIT SCORE DROPPED, PREVENTING ME FROM GETTING MY STUDENT LOAN FOR COLLEGE.

I HAVE SEVERAL ACCOUNTS WITH CHASE MANHATTAN BANK AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS HELPED TO FINANCE MY EDUCATION. I ATTEND COLLEGE FULL TIME AND THIS YEAR, BECAUSE CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS REPORTING MY LOAN AS REVOLVING CREDIT. I CAN??T QUALIFY FOR MY STUDENT LOAN.

THE CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE ACCOUNT IS REPORTED AS A REVOLVING ACCOUNT INSTEAD OF AN INSTALLMENT LOAN LIKE THE REST OF MY CHASE ACCOUNTS. I TRIED TO CONTACT CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE AT THEIR OFFICE IN MESA ARIZONA AND THE NUMBER IS LISTED AS A CELL PHONE AND NOBODY ANSWERED. I CONTACTED CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE BY TELEPHONE USING THE NUMBER LISTED ON MY STATEMENT AND SPOKE WITH TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND THEY REFUSED TO HELP ME RESOLVE THE PROBLEM. I EXPLAINED THAT WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS ILLEGAL AND ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR. THEY HUNG THE PHONE UP IN MY FACE. I MAKE ALL THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS ON TIME AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE. I CONTACTED EQUIFAX, TRANSUNION AND EXPERIAN WHO LOOKED CAREFULLY AT MY CREDIT REPORTS AND ALL THREE AGENCIES AGREE, THIS ACCOUNT SHOULD NOT BE LISTED AS A REVOLVING ACCOUNT AND STARTED THE INVESTIGATION.

DURING THE INVESTIGATION I MAY HAVE TO DROP OUT OF SCHOOL, LOSE MY CAR, MY APARTMENT AND SO FORTH BECAUSE I WAS DEPENDING HEAVILY ON MY ABILITY TO OBTAIN A STUDENT LOAN AND THE LOAN WOULD HAVE BEEN APPROVED IF CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE HAD NOT LISTED MY ACCOUNT AS A REVOLVING ACCOUNT. I WAS APPROVED OVER THE PHONE WITH CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE. I WAS ALSO APPROVED OVER THE PHONE WITH CHASE BANK. THE CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE LOAN IS JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER CHASE ACCOUNTS I ALREADY HAVE. CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE/UNICORN FINANCIAL.

36fa8109, 2008-07-09, 10:41AM CDT

I have to agree with the consumer above. I had such problems with Unicorn/Chase Financing. I have to inconveniently send (via mail) my monthly payment, when they conveniently DID NOT RECEIVE my payment. Therefore, I had to pay a late fee, even though I technically sent my payment far in advance! There was no way around it. Some employee by the name of Lamont acted like he had no idea that the company he worked for was scamming consumers and would not budge! It is my so-called responsibility to check my account daily to see if my payment was processed...well if I had the option to pay online I wouldn't have to check DAILY and/or not get charged to pay via telephone!!! I would not have anymore of it so I paid it all of in a certified envelope to have some sort of proof that I sent payment.

bdd0792a, 2008-07-09, 10:40PM CDT

I AGREE THEY RIP YOU OFF!!!!! I ALSO HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH THEM,I SEND THE CHEEK IN WITH AVAILABLE FUNDS IN THE BANK,TWO MONTHS LATER THEY BILL ME FOR A LATE FEE, PUZZLED I CALL THEM TO SEE WHY,I WAS TOLD THE CHEEK BOUNCED I SAID IMPOSSIBLE, I ALSO HAVE MY BANK STATEMENT TO PROVE IT,THEY SAID CALL YOUR BANK THEY MUST OF MADE A MISTAKE,I CALLED MY BANK NO MISTAKE ON THERE PART ,WHICH I ALREADY KNEW BECAUSE I NEVER IN TWELVE YEARS HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY BANK.I CALLED UNICORN/CHASE TO LET THEM KNOW IT WAS THERE ERROR ,THEY CHANGED THE STORY AND SAID THE CHEEK DID'NT BOUNCE BUT YOUR BANK DID'NT PROCESS THE CHEEK ,THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO INVESTIGATE AS TO WHY THE CHEEK DID'NT GO THROUGH.BY THE WAY IN THE BACK OF THE BILL,IT STATES THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY ANY AMOUNT IN QUESTION WHILE IT IS BEING INVESTIGATED.THEY LIED ,BACK AND FORTH WITH THEM ON THE PHONE AND A TOTAL OF THREE LATE PAYMENTS LATER,THEY ADD THEM ON TO EACH MONTH THAT IT GOES UNPAID.

ce010d29, 2008-07-10, 12:39PM CDT

I am going through the exact same issues. I am going to file a complaints with the Better Business Bureau of Maricopa County (they are members since 2005). I would suggest anyone who has been wronged to do the same.

Thanks

8e554b06, 2008-07-10, 06:29PM CDT

I'm making payments to Chasehealth advance. I've tried to make the monthly payments early. paying one month in advance to stay ahead of the late fee. They won't let me pay one month ahead. Instead, they apply the payment to the principal,thus the monthly payment is still due and payable. My take is that they want you to be late so they can hit you with the late fees.

P.S.You can't pay electronically but they take the money from your bank electronically? I would never do business with this company ever/ever again!!!!!!

40974978, 2008-07-22, 11:04AM CDT

I too know exactly what your tlaking about. I have a credit line with Chase Advance, make sure you say credit line and not credit card or they'll correct you, I've noticed it's there favorite thing to do instead of worrying about why your calling. Every time I have called, I have been told something different. They tell me I have a 10,000 credit line that I can use, next person says I have to pay off 4 to 6 months before I can use it, next time I call, this lady doesn't understand because I have a 10,000 credit line available. So now there back to saying just have the dentist fax how much needs to be added on. WHAT the heck! I have asked them recently when are they going to have it available to pay online, response, "were working on that." sure you are. I'm frustrated with them and over being nice because a lot of them sure are NOT. Sometimes you got to do what you got to do, but if you can get a credit line with somone else, take it from us who are going through this, do it. They sure won't tell you that you have to pay 4 to 6 months on it first. Who knows, but I tell you this, I have work on my teeth that could have been done months ago, but NO they told me I had to wait and pay more off, now all the dentist has to do is sign on how much more and give it to them to add on? WHAT ever!!! When you call to talk to Chase Health Advance, get the person name that you are talking to and a number to reach them, otherwise your talking to a million different people. I hope this helps someone else out.

40974978, 2008-07-22, 11:05AM CDT

c6dd19e6, 2008-07-22, 11:16AM CDT

I know what your talking about! Everytime I call to speak to someone and I ask the same questions, they ALL tell me something different. There more worried about correcting you if you say credit card instead of credit line. Or if you say Unicorn. I've asked recently about when they are going to have it available to pay online. Response, "were working on that." So you put it in the mail and the only way you know it went through ok is to check your bank account or call them to see that it went through, or you could just not mail it and pay 40 something cents for a stamp and it would be much cheaper to call and do it over the phone. It only cost like you $30.00 something bucks, plus your bill!!! They can do all these great things but pay online. WOW! pretty much everyone everywhere has it available to pay onine.

c6dd19e6, 2008-07-22, 11:18AM CDT

c6dd19e6, 2008-07-22, 11:19AM CDT

a6e14c7e, 2008-09-18, 07:07AM CDT

I have also experienced this rip with chasehealth, as well as speaking to CSR with bad manners. It appears the are charging me 27.9900 annual percentage.

When I call 888 519 6444. I wait on the line to speak to a CSR for as long as 15 min, and still no answer. I currently owe them a little over 200.00.

However I feel unsure of thier business

tactics.

933bc50f, 2008-09-15, 09:51AM CDT

I did because of my eye doctor accounting insurance dept because I had to have eye surgery on both eyes could not afford it and my insurance did not pay for the surgery that was needed. I was suppose to be on no interest for a year and my year is up in december 2008 but on my recent bill, I was charged interest on my bill for September try to call them they have you on hold for 30 minutes to an hour and then you get hung up on.

0eaf4212, 2008-09-25, 07:02PM CDT

I have also had issues with this horrible company. I believe that they pull you in with 0% financing deals for medical procedures then they make paying your bill as hard as possible. This results in either a $25 over the phone fee or a $39 late fee. I actually attempted to set this up on automatic bill pay so that I would not get stuck paying late. I called their customer call center to get some info on how much I needed to set my auto pay up for and was told a dollar amount. Come to find out that she quoted me a low dollar amount because my previous payment had been over so my next payment reflected a lower amount. That resulted in me sending a payment that was $7 short of the correct amount. I was assessed a $39 late fee for this $7 which they refused to reverse. I once again asked them how much I should set my payments up for and was told another amount. This time, they neglected to mention the late fee. My payment was received on time and for the correct amount except for the late fee which then resulted in another late fee and eventually led to my 0% financing being revoked. No matter how many times I call to explain that I have been faithfully making my payments on time under the advice of their customer service reps they will not help me. THIS COMPANY IS DEFINITELY PULLING A SCAM!!!!!

9aabf6a6, 2008-09-30, 11:28PM CDT

You should of probably read the terms and agreement with this and the dentist office knows that when the loan company pays them, they bill you.

And probably they have a cut off time stated on the back of the statement for payments to be posted.

Also the mailing times are messed up now I know that I can send 2 cards out the same day and gets there in 4 days and the other in 13 days... You tell me.

3b8be115, 2008-10-03, 09:53AM CDT

THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!! They carefully put procedures into place to make sure they can collect as many late fees from customers as possible. In this day and age, to offer no pay online option is shameful. AND - they offer you the "convenient" option to pay online but check the fine print on the back of the bill - you must call and make payment by 10am on the due date or you eat a $40 late fee. There is no way you would seek out that information on your bill.

549e125a, 2008-10-08, 10:20AM CDT

I went through a smiliar experience...to make it worse, i only got two statements in a 10 month period. Why is that? As a result, my account gets messed up. I called to complain, I wrote a letter, I asked why there was no online option to pay...everything! And yes, how is it that the post office is their excuse for not processing payments? Funny, the post office gets my other mailed bills to places on time! CHASE HEALTH ADVANCE IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF SCAM. Today, I called to payoff my ENTIRE account. I was charged so many fees that it jacked up my payoff balance to an additional $250!!! Jerks. So glad to be done with them.

5fe92992, 2008-10-25, 11:54AM CDT

I am writing in reference to an account that I had with Unicorn Financial who were later taken over by Chase Health Advance. I was with them on a promotional plan for some work I had done, I admit there were a couple of times when I was late and one time I just wasn't able to get my payment to them for that month. I started out making double payments so that my account would be ahead because I know how my job demands me leaving at anytime( I am in the military) therefore I thought I was being responsible. When I miss a payment and the next month I sent the balance in full, I was told that my new balance was 979.39 interest balance. My balance was received on the 25th of the month and Chase Health cancelled the promotional plan on the 29th after they received my payment in full. I did not argue the fact that I miss a payment but my complaint is why did they not cancel the plan before the next months payment was due and why should I be responsible for finance charges if promotion plan was not cancelled until after they received my final payment. Their response was that my promotional plan was a revolving account, therefore I couldn't pay more than one payment per month. I feel this is a way for the company to rip people off. There is no way to may payments on the computer, and if you do a check over the phone you are charged 29.00 dollar fee. How are you suppose to pay on your account if they are doing everything in the world to make it hard on people like myself who have demanding jobs?

9878de06, 2008-10-27, 01:07PM CDT

I thought I was the only one experiencing these kinds of problems with Unicorn. It is ridiculous in today's world of technology that they do not have an online payment system. I pay through Bill Pay with my bank each month, so this helps. However because they are sending them a check I must make sure the payment is made well in advance.

f502eca7, 2008-12-31, 09:07AM CST

I read the first complaint and could not believe that it was identical to what I have gone through. It makes me sick that they do this. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and plan to contact NBC 5 Chicago Investigative Unit. I wish there was some way to pay off my balance and just pay another company.

1f5108c5, 2008-12-31, 09:10AM CST

I have also had nothing but trouble with Unicorn/Chase. They sent me my statement way after it was due to allow me to get it there in time, and with no way to post online or send something in, they hit me with late charges and interest. I used this loan to pay for braces for my son, next time I will fiance through the bank. I pay double what I owe, just so I can be rid of this loan.

72e56104, 2009-02-10, 02:52PM CST

hi our dentist referred them to us and we've been with them for almost ayear now they are charging us with $900 in interests for reasons that i don't understand. how can the bill sky rocket in just 1 month this is impossible anyway weve called but they dont want to listen and say its gonna stay that way. i wrote a letter to the bbb but i wanted to know if anyone has done this already and how it has come so far. Thx

7cab17d9, 2009-02-17, 09:59AM CST

I could not agree with you more! I had the exact same situation occur only on the last month to completely pay off my interest free period they tacked on $600 worth of deferred finance charges because they claimed my payment was late. I found it strange that they posted my payment late every month even though I, just like you, mailed in out in plenty of time. Then they decide on the final payment that they would screw me for an additional $600!! Unbelievable! I went through 4 different people and still got no where!

33ac82f5, 2009-02-18, 08:49AM CST

Did u ever get this problem resolved?

The very same thing is happening to me right now. My balance is 218.00 which is my last payment.Now they are trying to say I was late last month and owe an extra 900.00!!!!!!!!!!!!

13f52e8c, 2009-02-24, 11:39AM CST

I am currently experiencing this same issue from late payments diue to pay system. I am now down to $800 balance and was informed I would have $700.00 in deferred interest added to my account. Insane!!! You get no where with the company and I will never do business with them again and will tell everyone how awful the experience has been.

bf82e01b, 2009-02-25, 02:39PM CST

PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I am very responsible with my payments, I always make them on time. I have a high credit score. But with this company, I can never seem to get the payments in on time, they are always one day late along with a $39 late fee.

9c5349b8, 2009-08-04, 08:42AM CDT

It is exactly the same that is happening to me

David G., 2009-08-11, 12:25PM CDT

I received a call conveniently after the payment due date to ask me why I have not made a payment? When I stated that I had, the rep went on to inform me that the payment was return Insufficient funds. When I explained that could not be I received a confirmation, she then explained that there has been a lot of people that have keyed in the incorrect routining or account numbers and this might be the case. When I asked why I wasn't contacted sooner, she had no answer. Now they want to stick me with a $39 late fee, and a $29 return fee. I then asked well which is it? Is it a Insufficient funds or error in the system? The Rep stated she did not know! So you want me pay a fees but can't prove to me that it was my error. Did we bail this company out? I have not had one good experience with this company.

dbf3c856, 2009-08-13, 10:30PM CDT

Chase uses loan shark type methods!! They are one of the WORST credit companies I have ever dealt with. I had lasik and decided to use Chase health (Unicore) at the time. I was late once, which they of course charged me a late fee. My contract is up end of August 2009. I left on business travel and forgot to drop the payment in the mail (because they don't take on-line payments). I got a statement stating i have a late fee and that they will drop promotion if I'm late again. My balance was $400 so I wrote a check to get it over with. Which they received before the promo or due date. What do they do, send a letter stating they are accruing all back interest for last 24 months. The respresentative's are rude and are trained to wait for a tickler alert to nail you to a wall. They did this to me once before and i closed every account that had Chase's name on it. I'm going to contact lasik surgery center and let them know, DO NOT REFER ANY OF THEIR CLIENTS to this company. I'm thinking next tactic for Chase will be breaking of my arms.

824b66de, 2009-08-19, 03:52PM CDT

My husband sent the payment in as usual, (even though many times he tried to get online withdrawl - Chase didn't offer that service), so snail mail was the only usual and customary method of payment option. They say we missed the payment, even tho we sent it in 10 days before the next month's payment was due, and because it was late, our account defaulted and we were charged 24.75% or about $1,000 on the whole amount of $7,500. For all we know, they could have lost our payment in their mail, since they say they process thousands a day.

Originally we needed to borrow this for medical needs. This seems overly harsh, and I have sent letters to Chase with no change in their stance because that is what their contract states can happen, and did. We did not intend to miss it, but because they are expecting perfection with the mail, makes this sound like the perfect SCAM! They could have received our payment and threw it in the trash. How do we know they did not. They are not budging.

So I am complaining BUYER BEWARE -- especially if you are having health issues, you could find yourself sweating out the finance issues later with Chase who have NO MERCY or sound business ethics, in my estimation. They want to charge for this service - no matter what, though it was promoted as interest free. I have spoken with a few supervisors and they all maintain their right to charge more. How RUTHLESS!

The other address they list is P O Box 4758, Carol Stream, IL 60197.

or another address is: P O Box 7030, Mesa, AZ

877-864-2707

or 888-519-6444

249326d7, 2009-10-08, 05:32PM CDT

Yes,I had trouble with them also.My account is paid now,but I don't like the way they treat their customers.Chase Bank is the same way.I have a car loan.Chase anything =bad customer treatment.

01c75442, 2009-10-11, 04:40PM CDT

GOOD LUCK!!

what i can tell is that this company is shady and the customer representatives are rude. i had a very simlar thing to happen to me and am terribly saddened that this has had such a negative effect on your life. hope things go well for you!!

75430566, 2009-10-20, 08:23AM CDT

I could not have had a better experience with this company. I was able to pay online. Their customer support person I spoke with who set it up was extremely helpful. I am shocked to read some of these comments as they are complete opposite to what I encountered.

dbd0902e, 2010-01-18, 05:17PM CST

I am having problems with them to every time I call they dont want to talk to me anymore the Manager is never there to talk to I paid faithfully on this bill so I would have it paid by the promotional period and of course they posted it late and believe you me it was not the post office fault it is the incompitent people that work for Chase Health Options.

dbd0902e, 2010-01-18, 05:40PM CST

WE have got to all get together and do something about these people they are ruing our lives by turning us into the credit department I tried desperatly to get my credit back and when someone f--ks with your lively hood it is not fair. Something needs to be done they have ripped off to many people and I will not pay them more money and who is to say that it would come off the credit report it should have never got there in the first place.

acfff14b, 2010-02-25, 06:09PM CST

These guys are a rip off!I'll never use them again!

18365b5c, 2010-03-01, 06:46PM CST

I was ripped off for $12,000 from SmileCare Van Nuys. NEVER EVER go there. They charged me $4000 for a day I was NOT even there. The service was horrendous, and CHASE does not care. They want their money even though ^&%$# was committed on the dental company's part. They knew I had good credit, but it is shot down after 45 years!. Good luck, and NEVEr deal with this company. I feel for the persons that do.

fcfd1e93, 2010-03-31, 03:58PM CDT

I wish I would have read this first! I had to have some dental work done and my dentist offered this service. I signed up and put $977 of dental work on the account. I didn't receive an invoice so I set up an automatic payment from my bank for 1/12th of the total ($82/month) to pay it off before the interest kicked in. A couple of days after setting up the payments up I left for Iraq thinking that everything was okay. I arrived back stateside this week to find that my account was delinquent because they "loaded" (slightly higher in the beginning) my minimum payment and my payment was less than the minimum payment by $0.88! So they charged me $39.00 per month for 3 months!!! And my payments were all on time but because they "loaded" the first minimum payment I was considered delinquent! When I called they said they couldn't do anything because it wasn't their fault. They also informed me that my promotional rate had been revoked because I was delinquent and they were now charging me 24.99% interest! This is BULLSH*T!!!!!

3a1ff557, 2010-04-06, 05:04PM CDT

I had the dental office Highland dental check for me for credit on $2654.03 for a root canal and crown. I didn't want to be obligated and she said I wouldn't.Well I was there on the 10th of February 2010 and I got a bill from Chase Health Advanance for a $109.00 payment on the 13th of February and I didn't have the procedure done yet it wasn't scheduled until the 24th of February. I canceled with the doctor and told Chase I wasn't paying it I haven't had it done. They are wanting me to pay late fees and finance charges and I haven't even had any work done on my tooth.I am going to get an attorney and fight these people and sue the dentist for fraud.They accepted money and hasn't even done the procedure. They had this money in their account for 3 months. This is wrong

9aae0ff0, 2010-04-09, 09:15PM CDT

I too was unfairly treated by Chase Health Advance. My first payment was late b/c the Dr's office had the wrong mailing address. At that point, unbeknownst to me, the company raised my effective interest rate to the max and gave me a "one time gift" of removing the late fee. The second late payment occurred a year into the loan. They received my check 4 days late, and sent me a letter stating that the interest accrued was due immediatly at 29%. Why did they not strip the promotional period for teh first late occurrance? Because there was no interest accrued at the time...they were betting on the come. This company hides behind the guise of helping people afford medical proceedures and bets on the human perpencity to make mistakes. I quietly paid the balance, realizing that I made a mistake and am being made to pay for it. I then closed my chase checking, savings, jp morgan chase investment account, adn southwest chase miles card. Hope it was worth the couple bucks they got in interest to lose a customer for life. They did not seem to care. So, my only other recourse it to gather as much data as I can and present it to someone that will publicly drag them through the mud so that others cannot be taken "chase health" advantage of.

To that end, I am trying to compile enough complaints on this company to merit class action for questionable credit practices. Please forward complaints (anonymously or not) to chasehealthadvancecomplaint@gm ail.com. Thank you.

e67857d8, 2010-04-14, 10:12AM CDT

yes they are a rip-off. I agreed to get the credit in my name for my son that just got back from military service in Iraq. He needed braces and did not have the credit required. Now i made the march payment online on time and did not print the confermation number, wow while we were out of town we got some phone calls and when we got back i called and was told the payment did not post and that my interest was now 24%. From 0 to 24% and no recourse and no supervisor to help. I am telling everyone i know not to ever use Chase credit or Chase bank of any kind.

1cf059b3, 2010-04-19, 01:06PM CDT

This description of Unicorn Financial/ChaseHealthAdvance is typical of how they conduct their business. Your issue and summary is similar to my experience. As of April 13, 2010 a letter from their Correspondence Team Manager, Mesa, AZ wrote:

"...ChaseHealthAdvance is unable to credit your account due to an error made by the United States Postal Service."

In my case, a December, 2009 payment was sent to CHA's address at Carol Stream, IL. This payment was mis-sent to HSBC, Shaumburg, IL, 60193(have evidence on file).

As a result, CHA wants to collect $1,979.23 in interest payments without explaining how they arrived at this figure!

Furthermore, this account was paid in full on January 06, 2010 ahead of schedule prior to their statement closing of January 12, 2010. In addition, the final pay-off check was cashed on January 06, 2010 the same day it was received by US Express Mail!

And, no amount of rational explanation to their Customer Service Advocate (CSA) will get you to their decision-maker. They put you on hold for a long-time (at least 20 minutes or more) and then the line gets disconnected.

Or,their CSA comes back and pretend they are a different CSA and again the line gets disconnected.

Yes, have reported them to the Chicago, IL BBB, the IL Attorney General, Consumer Fraud Office, TX Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division and the local ophthalmologist who made the referral.

Unicorn Financial/ChaseHealthAdvance does not believe in the concepts of fair play, good intent and good faith in the American marketplace.

Caveat emptor when dealing with ChaseHealthAdvance as they only practice Hobson's Choice!

4247d213, 2010-06-17, 10:16AM CDT

I was taken by Chase Health Advance last year. I called them to pay off a loan of less then 1,000.00 dollars on the phone I told the girl knowing full well they may record the call. I wanted them to record it, so with a negative tone in my voice over the phone when she picked I said to her " I want to pay a 10 day payoff, I want to know what it is and how much you need, Then I told her I DO NOT want a quote less then 10 days I do not want you to come back to me in 2 days, 2 months, 6 months or 2 years and say I still OWE you." I said this in a tone that was threatening knowing that they record when certain tones hit a phone. To this day they are saying it was not paid in full I even was walked through it online so that it would post right away. I then found out in Feb 2010 when applying for a new place to live that there was a 600.00 plus balance that showed on my credit report I said no that is not possible, I never recieved a statement telling me that I owed anything to them after paying over a grand just 7 months prior. I knew they were frauds and I am going to right a letter to the local paper and now I see all the complaints on here I am going to locate a number for them and tell them I found this site and about 50 people who went public with the same issue if they do not put it as paid in full and in good standing on my credit report.

99896373, 2010-07-01, 09:13AM CDT

i AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUES WITH THIS COMPANY. I WENT SO FAR AS TO SEND IN MY PAYMENT BY NEXT DAY AIR AND THEY NOTIFIED ME THAT MY PAYMENT WAS STILL LATE. THE NEXT TIME I PAID MY BILL ONLINE AND THEY SENT ME A REFERENCE NUMBER AND THE OPERATOR SAID THAT MY PAYMENT WENT THROUGH.A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER I WAS NOTIFIED BY E-MAIL THAT MY PAYMENT DID NOT GO THROUGH DUE TO AN ERROR ON MY PART. EVER SINCE I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE I HAVE BEEN BILLED FOR LATE CHARGES AND RETURNED PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH. I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN THIS NIGHTMARE IS OVER. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW NOT TO GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS.

787b0251, 2010-07-05, 10:35AM CDT

It is sad that this continues to go on. I wish I would have known these stories before having an account with Chase Health Advance. I have experienced similar interactions with this company as these other consumers listed. I have had problems with the account almost the entire time. I am so relieved to be done with them. Consumers beware! Spread the word so that others can utilize better options!

68456410, 2010-09-06, 10:05PM CDT

i called for pay off , was told if paid by end of month account would be satisfied. I sent chek it posted before end of month but they still charged me with a 39late fee .you would think the balance would be 39 dollars. no my balance is 2400 because they claim since i was late dispite full payment they can retroactivly charge all interest. I have spent no less than two houes holding for manager and have been promised a return call since mid august but have not recieved a response .I am an attorney and will be filing suit. if interested or want to share your story please respond

93662e4f, 2010-10-19, 03:53PM CDT

I'm currently in the same position except that Unicorn financial placed someo kind of law suit against me and now I have the IRS looking for some kind of refund and dont know where to begin because I dont owe this company money at all. IRS just told mer to contact this company and see what happended because they condsidered this as an consolidated debt. For what who are they and what do they want? Why would I owe a dentist? Oh my God, this isnt right.

de8a2ddc, 2010-10-27, 07:31PM CDT

Gordon A. Smith has been Chief Executive Officer of Card Services at JPMorgan Chase & Co. since June 2007. Mr. Smith serves as President of the U. S. Consumer Card Services Group of American Express Travel Related Services Inc., a subsidiary of American Express Company from September 2001 to 2005. He serves as Chief Executive Officer of Chase Health Advance. Mr. Smith served as President of Global Commercial Card division for American Express Company twice from August ... 2005 to June 2007 and previously, until June 18, 2005. He served with American Express Company for more than 25 years and was responsible for consumer card businesses in the United States, including charge, credit and co-brand cards, as well as strategic relationship services. He served as Executive Vice President of U. S. Service Delivery from March 2000 to September 2001. Mr. Smith joined American Express in 1978. Mr. Smith served as Senior Vice President in-charge of the American Express Service Center in Phoenix, Senior Vice President of Operations and Reengineering for the Latin America and Caribbean region, as well as senior positions in the U. S. Credit and Fraud operations, at Amex Life Insurance Company and in the international card and Travelers Cheque businesses. He serves as Chairman of the Board and Director of First USA Credit Card Master Trust of Chase Bank USA, National Association. Mr. Smith has been a Director of Choice Hotels International Inc. since December 10, 2004. Mr. Smith holds a Master's degree in International Management from the Thunderbird - The Garvin School of International Management.

Collapse Detail

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS*

270 Park Avenue

New York, New York 10017

United States

Phone: 212-270-6000

Fax: 212-270-1648

ef387bfc, 2010-12-27, 04:19PM CST

i agree with you. i did pay a payment online but it was early. so the credited it to the previous month and then charged me a 39.00 late fee for being earily. and then told me they could not discuss it with me until i paid another month and a half payment to the account. It is so confusing and they keep switching account managers on me and i have to review the complaint with each one. ive just started this process but im getting a lawyer. because it has happened 3 out of the 6 months ive been with them

4ea84dbc, 2010-12-30, 02:33PM CST

they are owned by Chase banks and the only solution to stop these people and scammers like them is to hold public executions for operators of predatory lenders who prey on the sick, old, and poor people of this country another prime example of why we are in the sad shape we are in and no one is ever held accountable for exploiting the poor. If you missed a payment or dont pay it will affect your credit score (another control tool) and your whole life, serve justice and kill the people who would destroy your life for profit and are never held accountable.

0866a884, 2011-07-06, 12:35PM CDT

I am having similiar problems. This company inconvienently does not have automatic payments - you have to use your bank payment option or go in every month and schedule the payment. I had one similiar problem where I was on vacation and my payment didn't go through. I called and payed immediately and also paid the late fee, thinking I wouldn't have to deal with it later. Well the late fee didn't post until the next month and my payment did not count towards it. Since the date on my paper statement was one date later than the phonecall I made, I assumed (incorrectly) that the system hadn't caught up yet. Long story short, this misunderstanding snowballed and I was charged more fees. I called several times to try to sort the situation out and received no help. They refused to refund any fees and I just ended up paying the balance so I didn't have to deal with them anymore. Poor costumer service! I won't use them again, that's for sure.

42ae1f47, 2011-07-26, 02:56AM CDT

MyChaseHealthAdvance has very rude and threatening collections people who change information and make up lies about you to add to your account info and also try to extort money and fees you do not owe, when they are the ones who blocked you from paying on time. Then they try to deal with you by offering a reduction on the fees and interest you do not owe. They continue to threaten, harass and try extortion on you if you don't take their bogus "deal."

1fc7fe9b, 2012-03-07, 04:58PM CST

I wish I had seen thses complaints prior to doing business with Chase Health Advance. My dentist recommended Chase Health Advance. My dentist office did not file a claim prior to recommending Chase Health Advance. Financing braces with interest free sounded great until late fees and high interest rates. I filed a dispute after findings out that the dentist office did not file an insurance claim. Once the claim was filed, my insurance company sent two checks to the dentist office. The dentist office issued a check to me and I paid Chase Health Advance $1500 after making the monthly payments since 2010. I filed a dispute with Chase Health Advance over the error of dentist office for the interest. THe disput was denied. After trying to work out this issue, I was told that this was my problem and I am responsible. When I spoke to several CSR, Supervisors only to be told you responsible for the total interest and fees due. I asked a supervisor if we could work out an settlement or to meet somewhere in the middle only to be told no, Chase Health is not willing to make arrangements with me. I said I was not willing to pay for something that was not my fault. The initial amount charged has been paid. THe only balance is interest. I will NEVER do business with a company that is not willing or able to make arrangements when error are made. I will tell anyone who will listen to stay away from anything that deals with CHASE.

Lei Allen D., 2012-09-07, 06:24PM CDT

I have a suggestion. I've been mailing my payments a week ahead with confirmation via USPS.com. Everything is done on line, the confirmation is free and mailing costs 4.90.

I can track my letter and KNOW when it reaches it's destination. I make copies of everything including my ongoing dispute as they have tried numerous times to charge me that late fee so even though I've done paying them off, the dispute continues. The big problem is that the payment goes to Illinois while my correspondence, dispute, copies etc go to Phoenix and "never the twain shall meet"...Meanwhile, I'm at peace knowing my evidence is clear and all their harrassing phone calls will not matter but truth does.

Aloha, Lei