THANE INTERNATIONAL - H2O Steam Cleaner

Posted on Tuesday, June 3rd, 2008 at 12:25pm CDT by 7b3d8e05

Company: THANE INTERNATIONAL

Location: 78140 CALLE TAMPICO LA QUINTA CA 92253
La Quinta, CA, 92253, US

My wife ordered the H2O Steam Cleaner on Sunday, June 1 after seeing the product advertised on television by calling 1-800-581-8085 . After completing the order she decided she did not want the product and called back within one hour of placing the order. She was told that she could not cancel the order on Sunday because she would have to contact Customer Service at 1-775-412-8017 and that they were only open Monday through Friday.

I called Customer Service on my wife's behalf on Monday and spoke to "Shirley", explaining that I wanted to cancel the order. She initially stated that she could not locate the order and that she suspected that she did not have it yet because it takes 24 to 48 hours for orders to be downloaded. I asked if it were possible that the order may be shipped before I could reach them on Tuesday. She said she didn't know. I pressed the issue, stating that I did not want the product and that I wanted to cancel it and that if it shipped I would refuse to accept delivery. She said that there was nothing she could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor.

I talked to the Superviser, "Christina", and explained the conversation between Shirley and myself. Christina's position turned out to be the same as Shirley's. Christina began explaining some law to me, stating that there is no cooling off period for orders placed to a toll-free number or via the Internet. I explained to Christina that I had serious problems with their procedures and that I had never heard of any such law.

My wife was told when she placed the order that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to ship. After not being able to find the order initially, Shirley found it and said that it had been shipped. I have never seen a product ship before my credit card is charged. My credit card has not yet been charged. I highly suspect that we are being taken advantage of here and that this company is not operating honestly.

5651a15c, 2009-01-25, 12:43PM CST

Dear user of H2O,

I too have had a similar situation. I am glad that you took the time to write this complaint. Although, my issue was with a local Comcast online billing issue. Basically I press the "Submit" button twice. And within a minute realized my mistake, and instead of payment 227.00, I was charged 454.00 and the customer service said there was NO Way for them to charge back my card. They said I would have to file a charge and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to have the charge re imbused? Hmmm go figure. No back up in place no systems set into place. But they sure don't have a problem charging the card.

Regards

Conservative last man standing.