X-tremeScooters.com - X-Treme Scooters.com XA-750 not working

Company: X-tremeScooters.com

Location: Alpha Products International 910 N 19th AVE E
Mewton, IA, 50208, US

URL: http://x-tremescooters.com/

I purchased a new XA-750 (750W) electric ATV for my sons birthday. It arrived ok and worked for all of an hour then stopped!

I contacted support, several days later they called my home, did not leave a call back number and sent me an update to my support ticket via email telling me to check wires and fuse. I did that found nothing and now can't get a response on my request for an RMA number to send the defective item back for a refund. I even paid extra money for an additional 90day warranty. I'm X-tremely dissatisfied with the product and lack of support and want to return the defective product for a refund.

d1b07dcc, 2008-07-08, 09:23AM CDT

Since posting this the service folks at API have been in contact with me and sent replacement parts.

They did say it is their policy that all sales are final and that returns were not an option. This is stated in thier warranty section if you dig around for it however I think posting this fact in a more prominent place on thier website would go a long way towards setting the customer expectations up front.

d1b07dcc, 2008-07-08, 10:02PM CDT

Parts were sent and the problem has been corrected. For that I'm grateful. I am concerned however for consumers who may not be mechanically inclined to indulge in their own repair efforts. I guess thats the risk you take when ordering a product Mfg in China.

API has made good on their warranty and helped me diagnose the failure and sent out the parts to fix the problem. The website does state that warranty parts will be shipped at the consumers expense however I was not charged for expedited shipping.

4fee5986, 2011-04-15, 04:46PM CDT

I purchased X-treme X-140 November 27, 2010 at Rural King store at Wooster, OH. The weather in Ohio has not been real conducive to riding so it has not been ridden much. Our grandaughter took a longer ride with it about three weeks ago and now the belt slips on the back wheel and the roller bearing seems to be wore out. What is the warranty length on these scooters and do you carry parts for it? I would appareciate a response at [email protected] Thanks! Ruth