Vintage Faerie - Vintage Faerie Customer Service Stinks!

Posted on Friday, June 27th, 2008 at 1:06pm CDT by 0cd7db20

Product: Jewelry/Bracelet/charms/necklace

Company: Vintage Faerie

URL: http://vintagefaerie.com/

I ordered a bracelet for my mother on Apr 26 understanding that the order would take 4-8 wks. I sent a question in the order and later sent a 2nd email with question. No mention on order confirm. or response to either email. On June 9, I emailed asking to be apprised of estimated shipping. When I had no reply by June 16, I sent an admittedly mean email calling them "jerks" and telling them I was pissed. Then, and only then, did I get a response: a call AND an email canceling my supposedly ready-to-ship personalized bracelet. Hmmm? Likely story? Personalized? Ready-to-ship? Cancel the order?

I emailed a reply apologizing for the tone of the email (I actually didn't believe the company existed or read emails) but guess what? Right, no response.

I have never been in a situation with a vendor or store that cares so little about customer satisfaction or with poorer communication. I use ebay and several book buying services. Part of customer ratings for internet sales is communication of company. These folks not only did not respond to me but also said that they had forwarded my email to their attorney because I had threatened to report them to the BBB if I didn't get a response - which they called fraudulent and threatening. My experience was real, not created. I ordered and paid for a product, sent questions three times, and never received a response until I got angry. I immediately heard from them the next day. Although they claimed to have sent an email that was bounced back to them, I had no problem receiving the email that was sent in response to my threat to cancel payment and go to the BBB.

I am still waiting on a refund and have been out the $98 for the purchase since my acct was debited the 2nd wk in May.

I also am horribly dissatisfied with the entire experience. I can only guess that this business is doing well enough to punish those who can't deal with their horrible customer service. Oh, well. There are plenty of businesses online that offer a product and know how to communicate with their customers.

662942fd, 2008-07-01, 10:37AM CDT

Ms. Snider originally placed her order late, as a gift, for a family member whom forgot a Holiday (Mother??s Day). Her order was processing as usual- everything in our studio is truly crafted by hand with great care, and that takes time. Some may be very used to manufactured, or casted, jewelry items and expect instant gratification- we have chosen to create items entirely by hand per order so each piece is unique and special- but this cannot be rushed. Therefore, we make great efforts to post, confirm in emails, include in order confirmations, and note throughout our checkout process that orders take time to create so patience is appreciated.

Weeks after placing her order, Ms. Snider changed her order via email in late May requested a redesign of a custom stamping on her bracelet. Normally we cannot entertain this type of request for customers this late after an order is placed due to the stage of processing that her bracelet was in, however we decided to oblige her- we felt for her and her situation regarding her family member whom forgot the event and wanted the make the bracelet extra special; to be cherished always. Even though Ms. Snider??s emails were highly inappropriate, defaming the family member (her brother), using abrasive language, she had no issue with us at the time and we assumed that this is just the way Ms. Snider chose to communicate.

We gladly changed Ms. Snider??s order, accommodating her requests. This entailed much extra production work- removing the previous hand stamped engraving, polishing, reforming, restamping, and so much more. Ms. Snider either failed to realize, or just ignored, that by changing the customization of her order she therefore delayed her order further. We sent three emails to Ms. Snider around this time- two were returned to us due to a full mailbox. We assumed the third email reached her. We cannot guarantee emails reach inboxes and try our best to communicate with customers.

Ms. Snider??s order was scheduled to ship after our studio reopened in June. Upon reopening our studio, we received a highly violate email from Ms. Snider. The email was honestly so out of line- unbalanced, emotional, threatening- there was no need to speak to anyone in the manner of which Ms. Snider spoke to us. We were shocked, alarmed, concerned and felt verbally abused. Therefore, we felt it was in our best interest at the time cease all work with Ms. Snider and issue her a full refund. We called Ms. Snider personally. Unable to reach her, we left a message explaining the situation and that we have issued a refund, in full. We then emailed Ms. Snider regarding our decision as well as a receipt of her refund.

Ms. Snider emailed the next day, deeply apologizing for the inappropriate tone in her previous email and making further apologizes for her actions. Her email continued to apologize for her rash and volatile behavior but also seemed confused as to when she emailed changes to her order, thinking these changes were made when the original order was placed. Strangely though, Ms. Snider closed with an inappropriate, unrelated final paragraph in this email further assuring us that our decision to cease work with Ms. Snider was in everyone??s best interest. Ms. Snider??s refund, in full, had already been issued at this point and most likely was received, according to our records (this depends on her credit/debit card issuer??s policies). When Ms. Snider realized that we decided to continue with our decision, three days later she decided to make posts regarding our business via the web.

Nobody wants conflict or to experience ugly situations- life is too short and too precious. Our studio makes great efforts to create with love; spreading magic, wishes and blessings. While we understand crafting our jewelry requires time and patience- we could take the easy route and have items casted for quick ??all look alike?? distribution- we create because we love to and we thoroughly enjoy spreading that love. While complaints to our studio are honestly rare, we have noted Ms. Snider??s concerns. We intend to further review these concerns in order to prevent similar situations from occurring.

0cd7db20, 2008-07-05, 03:17PM CDT

In order to understand the entire saga, perhaps the person behind this web site needs to have her/his memory refreshed. I'm including my entire email correspondence. In reply to the insinuation that I was disrespectful about my brother: my mother was injured in a horrible car accident and was hospitalized for 78 days. In early May my brother flew in from California to support my sisters and me with the care of my 78 year old mother. One night, after several sleepless ones, in the intensive care waiting room, my brother and I sat down, late at night, at the computer to cover his butt for forgetting Mother's Day. With him beside me, I emailed a request to change the bracelet engraving to correct my "stupid" brother's oversight -- which doesn't matter anyway because due to the arrogance and disregard of this vendor, my best intentions were never realized and I also seemingly forgot Mother's Day. Just check out the emails and determine if such difficulty should be experienced by someone making a purchase in good faith and without communication from the seller. I cannot attest to the quality of a product, but only to the disregard and poor customer service I've experienced.

EMAIL SENT 6/9/2008 WITH NO RESPONSE

I placed this order at the end of April and the cost of the order has been deducted from my bank acct. could you let me know approximately when I could anticipate receiving this bracelet? Thanks.

EMAIL SENT 6/23/2008 -

To the Jerks that have anything to do with such a poor company,

I have repeatedly made attempts to contact you and asked for confirmation of my order. If I do not receive a response to this email by June 28, I will contest the charge to my account and will report you to our local Better Business Bureau as well as posting a complaint to my web sales listserv. I received confirmation concerning this order on April 26, 2008 and my bank account was debited the cost of my order four weeks later. Even though I have sent three emails to your company requesting particular information, I have not received the first response to my queries -- other than the debit on my bank account that I've been charged for a purchase that I've not received. I am disgruntled by the lack of respect and horrible customer service offered by your company. In other words, I'm truly PISSED OFF!!@!!! AND WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM YOUR PITIFUL COMPANY EVER AGAIN.

Thank you for your continued discourtesy (never to be endured again).

Your regretful and now former customer,

E. Snider

EMAIL SENT AFTERNOON OF JUNE 24TH - AFTER THE EMAIL CANCELING MY ORDER - AGAIN WITH NO RESPONSE FROM VENDOR

I apologize for the tone of my email last night. I have been frustrated in the lack of communication from you regarding the order. As I noted in my email, I placed the order on April 26 and did ask that you inscribe the bracelet. Yet, I never received a response to that question. The second email I sent was dent the second week in May to ask that you change the inscription to include my brother. Again, I never received a response. On June 9, I asked to be contacted regarding the order. Again, I received no response. I did note that your business was closed but assumed you would answer my email when you did reopen. You did not. I also know that you cannot be reached by phone because I tried that. You must understand and admit that such lack of communication could lead to misunderstandings and concerns about purchases. After I did not get a response to my emails or receive notification that my bracelet had shipped, I assumed I had been ripped off. Last week was week eight of waiting on an item promised in 4 - 8 weeks. When I couldn't reach you or when you failed to communicate anything at all, I questioned how I might get my money back. When I contacted my bank about contesting payment, they asked that I first contact you which is when I tried calling.

EMAIL SENT ON JUNE 24, 2008 - AGAIN WITH NO RESPONSE FROM VENDOR

Again, I apologize for the nasty email -- but I didn't think you read or responded to emails - if you even received email at all. I am disappointed about a few things here: that after my many attempts to contact you, the only time I heard from you was when you were insulted by my assumptions; that rather than attempt to contact me to clear up this matter, you figuratively slam a door and allow a customer to be left with a horrible experience; that my mother will not receive the gift I planned for her, that's my third disappointment.

Please don't speculate on my age or maturity level. I'm probably old enough to be your grandmother which if I were, I would chastise you for not responding to correspondance in a more timely manner.

0cd7db20, 2008-07-05, 03:33PM CDT

In order to understand the entire saga, perhaps the person behind this web site needs to have her/his memory refreshed. I'm including my entire email correspondence. In the only Vintage Faerie response I received, the seller says she/he sent only one reply to an email that was returned. Yet, in the defense to my complaint on this site, s/he says THREE emails were returned. Again, I question the veracity of this. In reply to the insinuation that I was disrespectful about my brother: my mother was injured in a horrible car accident and was hospitalized for 78 days. In early May my brother flew in from California to support my sisters and me with the care of my 78 year old mother. One night, after several sleepless ones, in the intensive care waiting room, my brother and I sat down, late at night, at the computer to cover his butt for forgetting Mother's Day. With him beside me, I emailed a request to change the bracelet engraving to correct my "stupid" brother's oversight -- which doesn't matter anyway because due to the arrogance and disregard of this vendor, my best intentions were never realized and I also seemingly forgot Mother's Day. Just check out the emails and determine if such difficulty should be experienced by someone making a purchase in good faith and without communication from the seller. I cannot attest to the quality of a product, but only to the disregard and poor customer service I've experienced.

EMAIL SENT 6/9/2008 WITH NO RESPONSE

EMAIL SENT 6/23/2008 -

To the Jerks that have anything to do with such a poor company,

Thank you for your continued discourtesy (never to be endured again).

Your regretful and now former customer,

E. Snider

EMAIL RESPONSE TO MY COMPLAINT

vintage faerie orders <[email protected]> wrote:

We left a message with a young man who answered the number associated with your order. Hopefully the message will get to you as you we not available via telephone.

One, we request that all customers are aware of our ordering info policies, timeframes (8 weeks), and studio closings. This information is posted all over our site, in your order confirmation information, and may be found by visiting: http://www.vintagefaerie.com/ordering.htm. Two, we did respond to one of your emails, one that inappropriately demeans a family member, which was bounced back to us. We cannot guarantee, nor insure, emails reach inboxes due to spam, junk filters as well as user/owner issues. Three, since items are custom, orders are charged when they are processed, as is legal business practice.

We have noted your great dissatisfaction with our studio. While complaints are honestly extremely rare for us, we will further review your grievances in efforts to make improvements. With that being said, from the tone of your email below, it sounds as if you are very young or not sure how to appropriately deal with people in a professional manner. Abusive tones, threats, slander, and so forth, will only inflict harm upon yourself, especially when fraudulent measures are being threatened. We have noted your threats and forwarded them to our attorneys who will handle the situation from here. Your order was scheduled to ship however we have pulled it from shipping and will cancel your order in full- a full refund should show up on your credit or debit card statement within 30 business days. When the refund is posted to your card strictly depends upon the card issuers policies and not those of vintage faerie studio.

EMAIL SENT ON JUNE 24, 2008 - AGAIN WITH NO RESPONSE FROM VENDOR

0cd7db20, 2008-07-05, 03:48PM CDT

VINTAGE FAERIE EMAIL RESPONSE - AND ONLY RESPONSE

vintage faerie orders <[email protected]> wrote:

We have noted your great dissatisfaction with our studio. While complaints are honestly extremely rare for us, we will further review your grievances in efforts to make improvements. With that being said, from the tone of your email below, it sounds as if you are very young or not sure how to appropriately deal with people in a professional manner. Abusive tones, threats, slander, and so forth, will only inflict harm upon yourself, especially when fraudulent measures are being threatened. We have noted your threats and forwarded them to our attorneys who will handle the situation from here. Your order was scheduled to ship however we have pulled it from shipping and will cancel your order in full- a full refund should show up on your credit or debit card statement within 30 business days. When the refund is posted to your card strictly depends upon the card issuer????????s policies and not those of vintage faerie studio.

634e0b89, 2010-02-10, 11:16PM CST

I think this woman sounds like a total nutcase!!! I am an artist as well and am horrified after reading all of this information- Elizabeth Snider should be ashamed of herself!!!! I have never, in all my years, ever read garbage like this and honestly complaints.com should do a lot more work investigating a situation. How dare someone just write something half cocked and get away with it! It is clear that this artist did nothing wrong. I don't know her, but this made me so mad that I just had to say something!