SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Cancelling a Sirius account.

Posted on Tuesday, June 24th, 2008 at 5:32pm CDT by 059347d8

Product: Sirius Radio Subscription

Company: SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Be careful in dealing with Sirius.

I wanted to cancel our subscription, easy right? Wrong!

There is no place on their web site to do it. So I sent them an email. Their email response was: you can't cancel that way; you must call.

The number they included is not the number for their "Cancellation

Department". It gets you their lengthy voice response system.

So you have to know to press "0' to get an operator. But it's the wrong

operator but they can forward you to their "Cancellation Department".

But the computers are down so they can't cancel your account either. Call

back tomorrow.

"How about I just stop paying it and let it lapse that way.?"

"You don't want to do that. If you do, WE TURN THE ACCOUNT OVER TO A

COLLECTION AGENCY AND IT WILL LOOK BAD ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT."

So be careful signing up for Sirius, it automatically renews and its trouble

trying to cancel it.

If you have an account and want to cancel it, call 1-866-519-7570. That's

the direct line to the "Cancellation Department."

e6d9b572, 2008-07-03, 10:19AM CDT

it is very easy to cancel u just have to get to the right department. I will never understand ppl like you.... You think everything is suppose to be so fast and every has to bend over back wards. If you work there are certain things in ur company u can and can not do and things have to go the right way in order to have them done right. sometimes computers go down or systems upgrade that is no reason to take it out on a rep who has to take ur call and listen to your BS. maybe u should be in there shoes and hear everyone screaming at them ever stop and think about that.

22806cc0, 2009-01-11, 05:48PM CST

Using the phone number above, the process was pretty seamless.

However, I noticed a serious security hole during the call. Giving only a small amount of my personal information, the representative in turn told me my online username, password, and account number over the phone. I'm not sure why, he just said it out loud without me asking for it.

b78a6be2, 2009-08-31, 07:27PM CDT

It took me over 6 months to cancel my account. They kept telling me that it was canceled... But, they would charge my card the next month. I honestly don't know if it officially canceled yet. I will find out next month.

31c859ee, 2010-05-22, 02:05PM CDT

Sirrus Radio is a PAIN to deal with-after hours of hold time they tell you you are cancelled and months later they charge your debit card again !!!! I will NEVER suggest this to anyone in my life !!! they SUCK !!! I still have not gotten my account resolved after 5 months of phone calls and endless wait time !!!

3be81411, 2011-01-13, 05:59AM CST

I confirm every single word written above.

the reason why I wanted to cancel: I moved to Europe and had no access.

6b11f6f8, 2011-11-02, 01:29PM CDT

The best advice I can give you is don't ever pay with a credit card. I always get my bill and re-newal notice in the mail. That way I am in control of whether I want to continue with another year of service. And they can't automatically re-new you for another year if you pay by check. I received a mailed notice and payment invoice 1 month before my expiration date of 9/28/2011. I decided that I did not want to re-new so I just didn't send in payment and I sent an e-mail saying to cancel at the end of my subscription 9/28/2011. They continued the service, on their own,for about 2 weeks and then sent a bill for service after 9/28/2011 when they realized that I was serious about not re-newing. I refused to pay for something that I did not authorize and threatened that I would contact the Attorney General of my state if they pursued this billing. I haven't heard from Sirius since.

Gcotton G., 2013-06-05, 01:55PM CDT

SiriusXM scammed me by getting me to sign up for 6 months for 25 dollars. Then they turned their service off and I thought that that was the end of our encounter.

Recently I was going over my bank statements and saw that they had charged me 95.46 for an additional 6 months that I didn't agree to. Talked to several service reps about getting my money refunded to no avail. They kept trying to get me to sign up for several deals that I didn't want and then finally agreed to reimburse me for 14.00. I think that I was scammed for I didn't agree to the 95.46 for six months of listening to their radio