RESERVATION REWARDS - Ripoff by RESERVATION REWARDS 800-7327031 CT

Posted on Saturday, June 21st, 2008 at 8:23pm CDT by 8b37d1eb

Product: It is a pure ripoff.

Company: RESERVATION REWARDS

Location: P.O. Box 855
SHELTON, CT, 06484, US

URL: www.reservationrewards.com/

Category: Unauthorized Charges

This trash company have charged me $12.00 without my authorization and for nothing. And I have never visited their website, nor have I even have any business with them.

Here is the information:

Comment:

RESERVATION REWARDS

800-7327031 CT

Date 06/16/08 24351788169200299778074 5968

c458c637, 2008-06-23, 06:02PM CDT

Dear Consumer:

Webloyalty.com protects its reputation and monitors the blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate. Through this monitoring, we found your comments posted on this forum.

We would like to speak with you directly so that we can assist you but do not have your contact information. If you are unhappy with your subscription or have any questions regarding your membership to Reservation Rewards please contact Webloyalty.com Customer Service at either 1-800-732-7031 or send an email message to consumeraffairs@ webloyalty.com. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Mary O'Reilly

Webloyalty Consumer Affairs

Reservation Rewards

3ac6bc78, 2008-08-11, 09:40PM CDT

I have had the same problem with this company. If you see charges from them on your credit card- report it immediately!

086447d1, 2008-09-02, 08:48PM CDT

Make sure to hit them where it hurts and send correspondence declaring your boycott of there partners and affiliates, including but not limited to:

Broderbund, Chadwick's, EB Games.com, The Learning Company, 1800petmeds.com, expedia.com, Riverdeep Inc., LLC, geeks.com, joanns.com.

Reservation Rewards is but one of the main companies disguises. You may also know them as Shopper Discounts & Rewards, and Travel Values Plus. But these last two are truely ironic; Buyer Assurance and Wallet Shield. Webloyalty.com, based in Norwalk CT, is the real evil behind the many faces. You might wish to give the company 'heads' a thing or two to think about, they can be reached here:

Richard Fernandes Chief Executive Officer & Founding Partner

Vincent D'Agostino President & Founding Partner

Gary Cacace Chief Technology Officer

Gina Carey Senior Vice President, Finance

No email listed but one could possibly deduce [email protected] or [email protected]

Eli Chalfin Senior Vice President, Account Management

Martin Child Managing Director, Europe

Matt Gilbert Senior Vice President, Business Development

Martin Isaac Senior Vice President, Marketing

marty@we[email protected]

Jeffrey Kendall Senior Vice President, Information Technology and Operations

Sloane Levy Senior Vice President, General Counsel

[email protected]

David Lynch Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and Corporate Marketing

Some phone numbers:

Corporate Headquarters

101 Merritt 7, Fourth Floor

Norwalk, CT 06851

f07bcf12, 2008-10-07, 01:28AM CDT

they have got me too with the same exact thing so i'm have my bank look into it because i never been on there website either and this is not right.

44adc9cc, 2008-11-17, 10:42AM CST

I was appearently charged $12.00 last month as well as this month as I noticed on my bank statement. I called the 800 number listed and was told there was nothing they would do about reversing the charges for this service that I didn't even know existed and was not aware of ever having ordered. As it was an obvious mistake or billing error the company representative apollogized for "The mis-understanding" and said all they could do is cancel the "Service and Benefits" effective today. After discussing how the authorization was obtained it was told that a pop up site was visited when I was ordering cigars from another companies site. One would expect that a company that uses the name "Webtrust" there would be some type of fail safe plan in place to protect those whom are victom of an honest so called

mis-understanding, instead of charging for a service that was never intended or utilized. I myself and appearently several others on this site feel that the funds charged as fees for "services and benefits" should be reversed

"paid back to us" because there was no service rendered so where is the benefit? Please understand that as someone who has been self employed for several years integrity is not just a word it is the measure of trust that you have included as part of your companies name. Your actions regarding this matter will determine weather we should trust "Webtrust.com" in the future.

Concerned

Jim Johnson

a03ac45f, 2008-11-25, 12:53PM CST

I bought tickets to the Metropolitan Opera through Fandango. Fandango failed to tell me about a $2 service charge till I had completed the transaction. Then somehow I was shunted to either Shopper Discounts or Reservation Rewards, and later found two separate charges for $12 on my credit-card bill. When I e-mailed customer service at Reservation Rewards, they agreed within hours to credit my credit-card account with the $24, but the point is that they should not have charged me in the first place. I plan to write both Fandango (who may well be in cahoots with Reservation Rewards) and the Met Opera.

3809d993, 2008-12-01, 10:06PM CST

Hello,

My name is Gina Carey. I am NOT the Gina Carey associated with Web Loyalty. If any of you are looking for her, please do not try [email protected] It isn't her. I don't have anything to do with what has happened, but my sympathies are with anyone who feels they've been wronged.

Thanks and good luck.

579a1da7, 2001-12-31, 11:38PM CST

Thank God I finally found out who these idiots are. I thought I was in a fog or something because I could not remember at all where these aliens came from in my checking account. Someone should contact the ATTORNEY GENERAL AND GET RID OF THEM.

d0919613, 2009-01-20, 06:04PM CST

I was charged $12.00 on January 16th 2009 for this through KBToys and what they charged for was for something that I don't even care about. So now I am receiving my money back as I type this for you all to know that you all aren't the only ones. Thanks for putting this website up so that I can read that other people got taken. Just call them and tell them that you don't know what this mess is because I surely didn't. I don't want none of that mess. Not even for free.

4f5ef4f7, 2009-01-28, 08:40PM CST

This is creazy i just bought in fandago two ticekt to movie and after coupe day i see this: 5968 RESERVATIONREWARDS $12.00 ??

76e5ed68, 2009-02-04, 07:05PM CST

I just noticed a charge on my Business Operating Account for $12.00 from Reservation Rewards. I called the number listed on my bank statement to contact Reservation Rewards. I was told by Tammy - Rep ID 59950 that she could credit my account immediately for the 12.00 and she would cancel my account and send me an email as a confirmation. I thought we were finished but I slowed down the process long enough to ask a couple of questions: 1. What transaction activated my contract with them for me to be charged 12.00 (per month)? She answered that I checked an agreement box with FANDANGO.COM online (I do not recall visiting their site so I checked with my kids. Bingo..free games with lots of hooks and boxes to check) I asked Tammy the name of her supervisor. She politely responded Debbie Visconti. Then I asked how many months had this been charged to my account?...recalling that she was going to let me hang up earlier without this info. She said since July 2008. I asked for a refund of all the charges to my account. She readily agreed to immediately refund my 6 payments of 12.00 each month to be credited to my account in 3-5 business days. I told her I would check my account after Feb 15, 2009 and see if the credit was posted. I thanked her and then looked up this site online and posted this reply. Good luck to all of you suckers out there who don't check your account closely. You have to ask for the money back and ask for the cancellation, since someone has authorized a contract with Reservation Reward...online shoppers BEWARE!

75dce81e, 2009-02-18, 05:36PM CST

I have no idea if your company provides anything of value. That is NOT the question. It is the manner in which you

obtained my cc information and charged

me. You sent many emails telling me I was a new member, but not once did you mention that I was being charged $144

per year for that "priviledge".

Your method of doing business can only

be compared to a pick-pocket.

And US Airways and the other 140 "affiliates" need to review why

they are risking their customers to your

methods.

a1143c71, 2009-02-24, 07:21PM CST

Today I logged into my bank account and had the exact same thing happen! My bank dosent beleive me that I didnt sign up for it and gave me a huge brush off. What the hell is happening with this?

889d06ea, 2009-06-15, 04:18PM CDT

US Airways _gave_ them my credit card number. People should be furious with US Airways and like companies. I make many efforts to ensure that companies like reservation rewards don't get my credit card information.

7ef4ad30, 2009-07-13, 02:30PM CDT

Yep, I just noticed three monthly charges $12 that I never authorized. I called and the very nice person agreed to have the charges removed. I agree that it is totally wrong for my credit card number to be given to them without my knowledge or consent! Was that written somewhere in the offer that the airlines would give them my credit info without my consent?????

5b53911b, 2009-08-10, 01:35PM CDT

Well yes, the same charge of 12.00 appeared on my bank account. Even if you dont give out your card information to this site, it is already recorded from fandango.com. So please be aware of what you click on. I spoke with an agent by the name of Erik and he agreed to cancel and to refund the money within 3 to 5 days. So I will be checking my bank account through out the week.

71f9f8df, 2009-08-20, 12:40PM CDT

Outrageous. Absolutely outrageous.

Shutterfly, SHAME ON YOU for allowing such a sneaky business arrangement to take advantage of a loyal customer like me.

Come on. This is not clear. Not at all. We are not dummies, yet shame on us for not being on guard while visiting what I thought was a reputable website like shutterfly.

It appears there was an offer of a coupon or rebate for shutterfly that I clicked. That led me to somehow authorizing a "membership" to Reservation Rewards which I clearly did not want.

I called Reservation Rewards today and spoke with Art, then his manager Steve. Can't say they were awful to deal with, but I'm sure they're hearing non-stop complaining about this every day.

My biggest gripe is with Shutterfly for allowing my credit card information to be released to them. Shutterfly, I'm beyond irritated with you and wish I wouldn't have recommended so many family and friends to use your site for their photo processing needs. You'll be hearing from me next.

Boo hiss! I was a regular web shopper and just feel burned.

e2610d22, 2009-09-01, 06:47PM CDT

Everyone who has posted here: Please go to the Better Business Bureau Website (bbb.org) and file a complaint. If enough people file complaints, hopefully we can get this place shut down. I'm sure what they're doing is legal, but it is very shady. Think of all the elderly folks that have not noticed the charges and continue to get scammed each month. Also, you may consider filing complaints against the companies that sponsor Reservation Rewards or any other cover company of Webloyalty, such as Fandango, Orbitz, etc.

We need to do a public good and stop this place.

5fe6b530, 2009-09-21, 02:39PM CDT

I just checked my credit card online and noticed a bill for $12 for who-knows-what. I don't know what their scam is but it must be a good one for them to be able to stay around.

Dave

e5899f0e, 2009-09-28, 10:44PM CDT

We need to do a public good and stop this place.

THEY BEING CHARGING ME WITH OUT MY AUTHORIZATION

b860aebb, 2009-09-29, 07:42PM CDT

im also getting charged the same and by the same people... My back refund my money the 1st month and this month i have the same problem. Any ideas what i should do?

e400a7f0, 2009-09-30, 11:05AM CDT

thanks for posting this. It surely helped me! I didn't realize until now that i've been charge $12 from this piece of shit company. Not only did i got charged, I have been charged for the last 8 months.

ridiculous.

of course, i called them. The operator told me that I've signed up for this to get some benefits. Benefits I never got, or even asked for.

She intends on giving me a full refund. I really hope she will.

Seems like everyone who realizes this, has been getting refunds.

1990ed59, 2009-10-28, 09:57PM CDT

the same thing happened to me...and mysteriously they offered my money back. So it must be totally illegal.

d5ffd656, 2009-11-21, 05:31PM CST

They did the same with me. How the heck is this allowed?

c75a6ac5, 2009-12-03, 12:38PM CST

It's a great scam really: willingly give people their money back if they ask for it, but otherwise keep it. In the end there are enough people who miss the charges that they still make out like bandits.

They even have their friendly customer service trolling for these complaint threads and offering lots of help.

I just called them after finding 12 months of charges on my credit card (yeah, I know, I should monitor these things more carefully). The friendly guy I talked with offered assistance bit-by-bit: First he offered to cancel my "subscription". When I insisted that I be reimbursed, he said the best he could do was reimburse 6 months of it. When I insisted that I wanted all of it, he said he could send me an "Affidavit" over e-mail so I could apply to get the stolen money back.

I only wish it were a lot more money so I could go and sue their a$$es. Someone needs to put together a class action lawsuit here.

6717a8c5, 2009-12-02, 10:09AM CST

<p>Hi ,</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I been charged by this cie $12/month after I make a deal with TIGER direct Ca. in March 2009.</p>

<p>unfortunatly I din't pay attention a my credit card receipt (my big mistake!)</p>

<p>I don't known how i was scamed but their name let's you think that you will receive a reward for your goods that you just buy.</p>

<p>Thought I write to them and asked to be reimburs and removed from their list of customer.</p>

<p>I will contact Tiger for that subject.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I'l lets you known the futur</p>

<p>Thank for this forum, it's help a lot of people .</p>

<p>A MILLOT</p>

f9c37d31, 2009-12-18, 01:57PM CST

wELL, I ORDERED TICKETS TO A MOVIE FROM FANDANGO ABOTU TWO MONTHS AGO. OF COURSE I USED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT....i ONLY USE THE ACCOUNT FOR BILLS, ETC. AND HAVE ANOTHERE ACCOUNT FOR PERSONAL USE. GUESS WHAT, THEY TOOK 12.OO OUT WHEN I DIDN'T HAVE MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT AND DID IT NOT ONLY ONCE, BUT TWICE....FOR SOME REASON THEY CLAIM I HAVE A MEMBERSHIP THAT COSTS A MERE 12.00 A MONTH, UNFORTUNATLY IT COST ME QUITE A BIT MORE BEFORE I FIGURED THIS ALL OUT, ABOUT 80.00 MORE TO BE PRECISE. I HOPE THAT CONATCTING THE COMPANY WILL HELP REPLACE THE MONEY. YEAH RIGHT, I'M SCREWED. THANK GOD I DIDN'T GO USING THE ACCOUNT TO PAY OTHER THINGS THERFORE RACKING UP MORE OVERDRAFT CHARGES..

d7d49f97, 2010-01-02, 09:19AM CST

This criminal company also began to charge us the $12.00 monthly charge after I ordered picture Christmas greetings from Shutterfly.com. consumers beware if you ordered your Christmas greetings or anything else from Shutterfly.com.

Jen

7ccc6f60, 2010-01-09, 09:05AM CST

i am in the same situation they said it was a 3 month free trial, but i only purchased a ticket 3 weeks ago and they are already took the 12 dollars out. i don't remeber signing up with it when buying the ticket. i phoned 8007327031 anf they did reversse the charge and said they are going to give me my credit back.

37678a19, 2010-08-25, 12:47PM CDT

I have been charged 12 dlls. from feb-09 till today aug 10.

I dont know how can I collect back this money.

f8766db9, 2011-01-27, 04:08AM CST

This exact thing happened to me. Looks like I'm not alone at having been robbed.

d912bd5f, 2011-10-10, 10:35AM CDT

The same happened to me !!!! $12.00 for 12 months...that's a shame. Somehow it has to be stopped !!!

be761963, 2012-06-03, 10:01PM CDT

Oh jeeze... I have NO idea how, but I have apparently been charged $12 since April of 2009. Its June, 2012 right now. SOB!!

I'll be calling them tomorrow but I am betting, due to my own ignorance, that i'll not get much back. CRAP!!!!!