La Renaissance of Scarsdale - Unbelievably Rude at La Renaissance Bakery Scarsdale, NY

Posted on Monday, June 2nd, 2008 at 9:03pm CDT by c6553ec3

Company: La Renaissance of Scarsdale

Location: 9 Harwood Court
Scarsdale, NY, 10583, US

URL: http://www.lrbakery.com/

Everyone talks about how rude the people are at La Renaissance Bakery in Scarsdale, NY. In fact, my wife has refused to go there for several years. On my last trip, the woman working there (I believe she is Viviane Copeland) was astonishingly rude to me. She kept her back to me the entire time I was asking questions about the products. She blew me off when I asked about specific ingredients, due to allergies. She then refused to let me pay $20 with a credit card, even though the store takes them, imposing a $25 minimum. When I told her this wasn't permitted by the credit card company, she actually started yelling at me that she can do whatever she wants in her store and actually cursed at me. Everyone knows that the quality of their products has declined since the store was sold. It's just astonishing they have not gone out of business yet given their astonishing rudeness and lack of regard for their (former) customers. Anyone looking for quality baked goods should patronize Lulu's or Galloways instead, where the owners appreciate the community.

76eba77b, 2008-06-17, 05:18PM CDT

I've had similar experiences with La Renaissance. I can't believe anyone puts up with them anymore.

069a7735, 2008-07-06, 09:14PM CDT

My family, neighbors and friends have all experienced WONDERFUL service at LA RENAISSANCE. We ADORE Vivianne. The pastries & desserts they offer are HEAVENLY! We are eternally greatful to David (the new owner) because he now carries Jacques Torres Chocolates. He certainly knows quality. Scarsdale is lucky to have such a FABULOUS place!