LOKEY MOTOR COMPANY - DISHONEST CAR DEALERSHIP

Company: LOKEY MOTOR COMPANY

Location: 19820 U.S. HIGHWAY 19N
CLEARWATER, FL, 33764, US

URL: http://WWW.LOKEYAUTOS.COM/

I BOUGHT A NEW G37 FROM THIS DEALERSHIP AND ALSO BOUGHT THE THE RESISTALL WITH ENVIRO GUARD APPEARANCE PROTECTION WHICH IS A VINYL AND LEATHER PROTECTOR FOR THE INTERIOR OF MY CAR WHICH HAS A SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY THAT IS TO PROTECT MY CAR FROM FADING, CRACKING, LOOSE SEAM STITCHING, PERMANENT STAINING TO INTERIOR SURFACES INCLUDING ORIGINAL FLOOR AND TRUNK AND/OR CARGO AREA CARPET CAUSED BY FOOD OR DRINK, INK DYE, LIPSTICK, MAKEUP, URINE, BLOOD, VOMIT, GUM, OIL BAISED STAINS, ETC. I NOTICED THE FOLLOWING DAY THAT THERE WERE PATCHES ON THE DOOR PANELS OF MY CAR AND BROUGHT IT TO THE ATENTION OF VICTOR YOUNG (WHO WAS THE GENERAL MANAGER), KAREN RADKE (GENERAL SALES MANAGER)STEVEN E. GOE (BUSNIESS MANAGER). IT WAS SUGESTED THAT THE PRODUCT BE RE-APPLIED WHICH WAS DONE. BUT YET AGAIN THERE WERE FADE SPOTS A FEW DAYS AFTERWARDS AND IT KEPT SPREADING. KAREN RADKE SUGGESTED THAT THE DEARLERSHIP FLIP ME OUT OF THE CAR I PURCHASED INTO ANOTHER NEW G37. VICTOR YOUNG STATED TO DO SO I WOULD HAVE TO PUT UP AN ADDITIONAL $2,500 WHICH I DISAGREED TO. THEN IT WAS AGREEDED FROM KAREN RADKE AND VICTOR YOUNG TO REPLACE ALL THE INTERIOR PARTS OF MY CAR FROM ANOTHER NEW G37, WHICH BEFORE THAT COULD HAPPEN VICTOR YOUNG LEFT THE DEARLERSHIP TO OPEN HIS OWN CAR DEARLERSHIP AND KAREN RADKE NOW STATES THAT SHE DID NOT SUGGEST TO HAVE THE PARTS OF MY CAR REPLACED. THERE IS A NEW GENERAL MANAGER WILLIAM MCNULTY WHO SAW THE FADE SPOTS OF THE INTERIOR OF MY CAR AND SUGGESTED TO REPLACE THE SIDE PANELS OF THE CAR AND HAVE THE RESIST ALL PRODUCT REAPPLIED INSTEAD OF HAVING TO REPLACE ALL THE PARTS. WELL ALL OF A SUDDEN WILLIAM MCNULTY STARTED TO SING A DIFFERENT TUNE AND SAID THAT I SHOULD CONTACT THE COMPANY WHICH IS THE PRODUCT THEY (LOKEY) APPLIED TO MY CAR, AND FILL OUT A COMPLAIN FORM. I EXPLAINED TO WILLIAM THAT WHY SHOULD I SEEING THAT THIS IS A PRODUCT THAT LOKEY IS SELLING TO CUSTOMERS. I CONTACTED THE COMPANY WHICH SENT SOMEONE TO TAKE PICTURES AND WAS CONTACTED BY THAT COMPANY STATING THAT THE PERSON THAT THEY SENT TO INSPECT MY CAR STATED THAT HE DID NOT SEE ANY FADE SPOTS NOR DID THEY SEE ANY IN THE PICTURES HE SENT TO THEM AND ALSO EVERYONE AT LOKEY STATES THAT THEY ALSO HAVE NOT SEEN ANY SPOTS. IT IS CLEAR THAT THIS DEARLERSHIP IS A BUNCH OF LYING, EVIL, DISHONEST SALES PEOPLE THAT I HAVE EVER DEALTH WITH. I AM NOW STUCK WITH A CAR THAT HAVE FADE SPOTS. PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THE PRODUCTS NOR ANYTHING THIS DEARLERSHIP HAVE TO SELL. ALSO I HAD TO TAKE THE CAR BACK BECAUSE OF MUFFLER PROBLEMS TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT THAT TOO THEY HVE MESSED UP FOR I HAVE ONE MUFFLER THAT IS LOWER THAN THE OTHER, AGAIN LOKEY CLAIMS THAT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT THAT. THEY HAVE MESSED UP ON MY PAPER WORK ALSO WITH THE BANK WHICH I HAD TO COME UP WITH ADDITIONAL MONIES TO SOLVE THAT PROBLEM. MY CAR AND TIME IS SPENT MORE AT THIS DEARLERSHIP MORE THAN I CAN ENJOY MY CAR, WHICH HAS BEEN A TOTAL NIGHTMARE.

593d1b20, 2008-08-12, 11:45AM CDT

A new car dealership in San Antonio said it applied an unnamed paint protectant and fabric protectant as aftermarket add on to all new 2008 models and added $695 to the MSRP as a dealer add on. I requested a copy of the care/cleaning information/instructions and was told verbally only that both protectants are Enviroguard. I'm still trying to find proof that this stuff exists, what are its components and how to verify that the stuff was actually applied to the car seats and exterior paint. This problem in Florida is the first thing I have found on the internet about Enviroguard and its says its for vinyl or leather and not fabric seats.

165f799d, 2010-10-10, 12:08AM CDT

You can find all the info you need on enviroguard at the company's web site. They have products for leather, vinyl and fabric.

ed72dfe4, 2011-01-11, 12:08AM CST

thanks for taking the time to document your problems. I am sorry for what happened to you. I just bought a new Subaru Outback and they offered this same product for an additional $500. I declined. I am sure this is just another way for the dealer to make additional profit. They get these products for next to nothing. It seemed like a scam. I should say the $500 covered the interior and and exterior added paint sealer, which really should not be needed. Subaru puts something like 6 coats of paint plus a clearcoat. The dealer walks a fine line after you buy a car when they temp you with these products. On the one hand they can't knock the car to much and so must be careful to suggest that this is really not much additional to spend to add a lot of additonal protection to the vehicle. Bottom line: If you buy a new car, decline ALL added options such as this, also GAP insurance, prepaid maintenance, and extended warrantees. NOT WORTH IT.