Fabio's Pizza - Fabio's Pizza ... Worst Customer Service Imaginable

Product: Pizza

Company: Fabio's Pizza

Location: 121 Queenston St
St Catharines, On, L2R 2Z6, CA

We were loyal customers for years, until recently. Now we'll never order there again. When we ordered a pizza special, my wife realized they forgot the garlic bread. Being this was the first problem we've ever had, I said to give them a call and I'd go over and get it (fully expecting it ready when I arrived). Instead, my wife was put on hold for 10 minutes, and when I got there, the manager starting saying he was 100%, 150%, 10000% sure he put it in there, since he was training a new guy.

He kept indicating we were lying, and I said call my wife as maybe she found it in the order after I left. He said he was going to anyway, and then told my wife on the phone he was 100%, 200%, etc. sure that he put it in there. He said "something must have happened to it between the time he put it in the bag, and the time I arrived home." I said to forget it, and that it felt like he he was calling me a liar, and he said that "Well it feels like you're calling me a liar." Three hours after we'd originally orders, he called at 9pm, saying he wanted to make sure that everything was okay. We said that it wasn't, and that it wasn't even an issue of a $2 garlic bread, but the way we'd been treated. He started saying that he was 100%, etc that he was sure he'd put the garlic bread in there, and that "I know I did my job." He then started saying "Admit it ... admit you have the garlic bread."

The guarantee is that they'll put everything right, or your money back. However, when trying to resolve a simple issue of missing garlic bread with the manager, we were repeatedly treated poorly. As the man in question is the manager, there is no other contact method of reaching the owner directly. We don't even care about getting the refund, as we'll never trust the food so long as the manager is working there. We simply want the owner to know how badly we were treated!

cf0f9638, 2009-02-02, 11:03PM CST

-Fabios Pizza VS Michael Cross Case #6B37-EOB

To Whom it may Concern, June 27,2008

My name is Fabio Sapienza and I am writing this letter in regards to the complaint that was made against my business, Fabios Pizza located at 121 Queenston Street in St.Catharines, Ontario. It has come to my understanding that a dispute between a customer (Mr.Cross) and my pizzeria manager (Levi Hearn) led to the complaint made to the better Business Bureau. It is with regret that I have to address this issue which could have easily and happily resolved at the time of the disagreement. As the owner of Fabios a family company, which prides itself on our family ran approach and respect shown not only to all my customers, regular or not, my staff and other affiliates as well, I am deeply saddened to have such an unfortunate issue come so far.

When the incident occurred, I spoke with the manager on duty as well as the other staff working that evening and held a meeting to discuss the matter at hand. We reviewed the policies and procedures that have been in place since the conception of Fabios over 17 years ago. Our money back guarantee, the importance of cleanliness, to continue to be compliant with the health and safety regulations and inspections, and most importantly our SATISFATCION GUARANTEE that keeps our customers coming back time and time again.

My manager and I agree that Mr.Cross seemed frustrated and restless from the time he entered the building to pick up his order the first time. He took advantage of our 3 Can Dine special which includes a 12 slice pizza, 20 Chicken wings, an order of Garlic Bread with cheese and 3 cans of pop. We processed the order as usual, gave him the order, which he paid for in full with cash to total $30.50 and NOT $38.00 which he claims we charged him, and he left the pizzeria. Approximately 20 mins later, Mrs.Cross called the pizzeria and was placed on hold. I am accepting the responsibility that she was placed on hold for an extended period of time as she called during the busyness of a dinner rush and hung up before she could tell us she thought the garlic bread was missing. So when Mr.Cross came back to pick it up we were still not yet aware of the situation and unfortunately the garlic bread was not ready when he arrived, which frustrated Mr.Cross even further. However we did proceed to make the garlic bread to compensate for the one he claims he never got.

At this point, the situation became heated, and was handled poorly by both parties. The words that were exchanged were the result of a complete misunderstanding. It saddens me to have lost a customer over something not only so trivial, but something that could have handled so quickly and easily. In my employees defense, we later pulled the video surveillance to discover that my manager did in fact give him the order of garlic bread at the time of purchase. Later that evening, my manager phoned Mr & Mrs Cross to try and rectify the situation and follow up with the issue, which regrettably, made matters worse.

From this experience, we have learned that although we try to satisfy every customer that walks through the door, there are going to be times when a situation becomes out of our hands.

With a past history of no complaints, and 100% customer satisfaction, my staff and I have learned to accept this circumstance as a learning experience and will choose a better vocabulary with customers in difficult situations in the future.

I have included a copy of the original receipt and subject to your request if you require a copy of the video surveillance or any other information I can certainly provide it to you. Please do not hesitate contact me.

cf0f9638, 2009-02-02, 11:05PM CST

-Fabios Pizza VS Michael Cross Case #6B37-EOB

cf0f9638, 2009-02-03, 10:41PM CST

Fabios Pizza VS Michael Cross Case #6B37-EOB

L2R 2Z6

Business 905-684-6573 (after 4pm)

Home 905-988-1609

cf0f9638, 2009-02-03, 10:47PM CST

Fabio??s Pizza VS Michael Cross Case #6B37-EOB

To Whom it may Concern, June 27,2008

My name is Fabio Sapienza and I am writing this letter in regards to the complaint that was made against my business, Fabio??s Pizza located at 121 Queenston Street in St.Catharines, Ontario. It has come to my understanding that a dispute between a customer (Mr.Cross) and my pizzeria manager (Levi Hearn) led to the complaint made to the better Business Bureau. It is with regret that I have to address this issue which could have easily and happily resolved at the time of the disagreement. As the owner of Fabio??s a family company, which pride??s itself on our ??family ran?? approach and respect shown not only to all my customers, regular or not, my staff and other affiliates as well, I am deeply saddened to have such an unfortunate issue come so far.

When the incident occurred, I spoke with the manager on duty as well as the other staff working that evening and held a meeting to discuss the matter at hand. We reviewed the policies and procedures that have been in place since the conception of Fabio??s over 17 years ago. Our money back guarantee, the importance of cleanliness, to continue to be compliant with the health and safety regulations and inspections, and most importantly our ??SATISFATCION GUARANTEE?? that keeps our customers coming back time and time again.

My manager and I agree that Mr.Cross seemed frustrated and restless from the time he entered the building to pick up his order the first time. He took advantage of our ??3 Can Dine?? special which includes a 12 slice pizza, 20 Chicken wings, an order of Garlic Bread with cheese and 3 cans of pop. We processed the order as usual, gave him the order, which he paid for in full with cash to total $30.50 and NOT $38.00 which he claims we charged him, and he left the pizzeria. Approximately 20 mins later, Mrs.Cross called the pizzeria and was placed on hold. I am accepting the responsibility that she was placed on hold for an extended period of time as she called during the busyness of a dinner rush and hung up before she could tell us she thought the garlic bread was missing. So when Mr.Cross came back to pick it up we were still not yet aware of the situation and unfortunately the garlic bread was not ready when he arrived, which frustrated Mr.Cross even further. However we did proceed to make the garlic bread to compensate for the one he claims he never got.

At this point, the situation became heated, and was handled poorly by both parties. The words that were exchanged were the result of a complete misunderstanding. It saddens me to have lost a customer over something not only so trivial, but something that could have handled so quickly and easily. In my employee??s defense, we later pulled the video surveillance to discover that my manager did in fact give him the order of garlic bread at the time of purchase. Later that evening, my manager phoned Mr & Mrs Cross to try and rectify the situation and follow up with the issue, which regrettably, made matters worse.

Fabio??s Pizza

L2R 2Z6

Business ?? 905-684-6573 (after 4pm)

Home ?? 905-988-1609