Greatfun.com - Great Fun Scam

Product: Great Fun

Company: Greatfun.com

Location: P.O. 1029, Trumbull, CT 06611
Trumbull, CT, 06611, US

I too was duped into this 3rd party scam, while I was making a payment to classmates.com where I am organizing a class reunion. Great Fun got my credit card information and signed me up for a 30-day free trial, after which time I would be billed $12.99 per month for their service, which I never signed up for. How can they bill a credit card that they don't have authorization to bill? I was able to cancel my membership by calling 1-877-488-9480 and giving them my membership # off of a confirmation e-mail they had sent me. The website address for the confirmation e-mail is [email protected] . I hope this helps some of you who have posted similar complaints about this company and have requested phone numbers or web addresses to try and cancel your "memberships". I had to be very insistant to get them to remove me, so I'll be watching my bank statement to make sure they don't charge me anyway! Good Luck!

66f4350e, 2008-06-18, 02:04PM CDT

To get a mailing suppression to stop the checks they give us an address that you have to write to and request it to be stopped... Here it is:

Mail Preference Service

Great Fun

P.O. Box 6100

Westerville, OH 43086

Put the letter to corporate in C/O Executive Support

I havecome to find out that alot of the discounts don't even work at the specified locations....

In my personal opinion it is a rip off but I have no other choice but to keep my mouth shut because it is a job. Until I finish school I will have to except what I can get.. In my general area jobs are really scarce. Great Fun ain't nothing but a Great Headache!

The phone number to reach a customer service agent that can help you is:

1-800-214-6422

00e67320, 2008-11-08, 01:17PM CST

Here you can find a class action complain form to get a refund.

Good luck.

707cf4f3, 2009-01-28, 03:24PM CST

My mother was duped into GF via an online purchase at mileskimball.com.

However, this is not my first run in with Trialegent - years ago they did the same thing to me. I received a rebate on a RONCO product and when I cashed the check they automatically signed me up for something ridiculous.

My Advice: access your bank & credit card accounts online at least once a week to check on things!

5921207d, 2009-02-14, 04:54PM CST

I want to report being "signed up" by Great Fun also. I caught the charge when notified by Great Fun that they were increasing my monthly payments. I never sign up with them but did order Avon on line. I hope this fraud in stop & Great Fun put out of business.

51957b89, 2009-06-18, 07:05PM CDT

I just discovered they had signed me up also. I had 2ea 12.99 charges on the Discover Statement I received today.

I called and asked what they were and got a long story about how I clicked on a box somewhere. It is definately a scam. I checked on Google and they have complaints going back to 2006 or so. I can't figure out how they are still able to do this.

I was able to cancel after a lot of double talk and being told I was not "eligable" to receive a credit for the 25.98 I was billed. I contacted Discover and they are investigating.

When I called and said I was questioning 2 charges the person said "would those be the Great Fun charges?"

81b3b707, 2009-06-19, 12:47PM CDT

THESE GUYS SHOULD BE PUT IN JAIL! PIECE OF S#@T CON-COMPANY. YOU LOSERS NEED TO GIVE THE MONEY YOU STOLE BACK! TIME FOR A LAWSUIT!

49db8c67, 2009-06-21, 01:05PM CDT

I have been charged with a similar charge and I really feel like taking some legal actions against these guys who are making hell lot of money by screwing up people who are unaware of things till they really see the impact. I have been asked by the GreatFun representative to send a written letter to them on their Ohio address and the amount will be reverted back to my card. I am tryin that but I am not sure how much time this will take but I really feel the need of some legal help.

Regards

48c2c71b, 2009-07-01, 12:10PM CDT

I was scammed with two monthly charges of $11.99 when I was duped on Priceline.Com. I called them at 1-877-488-9480. Initially they tried to tell me that I had received a $15 rebate from them on my Priceline airline ticket. After I threatened to call the Connecticut BBB a supervisor came on line and said they'll credit me for the charges and delete me from their list. I did not contactthe BBB but if need go to CT.BBB.Org

5fb6b89b, 2009-07-30, 06:32PM CDT

I never sign up for this Great Fun website and I really don't know how they get my debit card information. I have been charge for almost 2 years now! From October 2007- June 2009! I do paperless monthly statement and I thought that the $12.99 monthly fee from:

TLG*GREATFN55488777JAN 800290860 is part of my tuition fee from the university. Never really questioned about it, on June 2009, after I graduated, the $12.99 fee continues. Then I called the citibank and asked them to dispute the transaction. They gave a number that directed me to Great Fun. I talked to the representative for a while and they told me that they can only refund the $12.99 charges for the last two months maximum. They also told me to send a letter of request and fax it to great fun for further refund. I don't know how long I need to wait for my $285.78 refund.

This scam from Great Fun needs to be stop. There's too many victims!

a49dd11b, 2009-08-04, 07:41PM CDT

Great Fun really isn't a scam..if you read the print on the check in more then one places it clearly says you wll be enrolled into either a 1 month or 2 month membership after that 1 or 2 month free trial thats when the billing for the membership will begin. IT CLEARLY STATES THAT!!!!! in more then one place...and also if you accept a rebate of some sort or a giftcard or whatever the offer maybe it also states there that you are enrolling yourself into a membership...WOW!!!

c048b917, 2009-08-17, 05:34PM CDT

Just called Great Fun to question about the unauthorized charge and demanded for the refund. They refused saying "I'm no longer eligible for the refund." I yelled at them that that's ridiculous and this is a total scam because I am obviously calling now because I'm not aware of any membership or the charge. Then, they finally decided to refund my money. Make sure you get the cancellation confirmation number and the person's name.

f69c7dad, 2009-08-28, 09:40AM CDT

I called my bank. They knew it was bogus but insisted I had to call the number and get a name and register my complaint. The guy told me I had been opted-in by Shoebuy.com. He then said he had canceled the membership and my money would be refunded and he gave me a confirmation number. I now will watch my account. Shoebuy said I had opted-in - must have been one of those things you have the UN-check!

dab37b0c, 2009-09-05, 11:51AM CDT

Do not use Priceline.com. They are partnered with Greatfun. When I e-mailed priceline to tell them that greatfun had scammed me through their site, I got an answer saying that greatfun is a legitimate company and that I had signed up for the service. That is not true. On the priceline website, after I had completed my transaction, there was a button to click that said, "Want to save 10% on your bill? It did not say I was JOINING anything or that my credit card would be billed $9 a month (more than I saved after the first month's bill). I suspect that Priceline and Greatfun are under the same corporate umbrella. From now on, I will go straight to the hotel site to reserve a room. I don't trust these so-called discount sites anymore.

d779c5a9, 2009-09-08, 11:47PM CDT

Yes, I too have been cheated by this so called company. Last April, I booked a flight online with Airtran Airways, and there was a Great Fun link on the reciept/confirmation page. I clicked on it and accidentally signed up for a Great Fun membership. Initially, I thought it was an offer from the airlines, and when I realized it wasn't, I called the customer service number and immediately cancelled my membership. In late August, I happened to be online checking my account statements and I noticed a bogus charge from them for $38.99. This really creeped me out, becuase I do not remember giving these guys my account info. Nevertheless, they somehow managed to get my bankcard number and electronically withdraw money from my account. I called the Great Fun number right away the following morning to get to the bottom of this, and I was told by an automated message that all operators were busy and that the wait would be extremely long, but their system just hung up on me. I called my bank (Wells Fargo) right after and reported it as fraud. They immediately closed my card and issued me a new one. They are currently investigating my claim. These guys are definately not legit, and I don't understand why they haven't been shut down yet. I have even gone as far as to contact the airlines via email and letting them know about the Great Fun scam link on their reservations site. I hope they take me seriously and give these people the boot. For anyone reading this, I would advise you to watch your accounts carefully if you have crossed paths with Great Fun, because I CANCELLED MY MEMBERSHIP BUT WAS STILL CHARGED A REDICULOUS AMMOUNT SEVERAL MONTHS LATER.

32527188, 2009-09-14, 01:35PM CDT

I have now called three times to cancel this scam. They keep giving me the run aeround. 3 months of this crap and they stillkeep charging me. I wish I could strangle someone.

Beware, if you get this charge it is hard as hell to get it to stop.

e3785f98, 2009-10-15, 02:07AM CDT

i too got scammed on this and yes im pissed.!! They offered no money back and it pisses me off how they can get away with this. Here is a question, has anyone ever noticed that if you have gotten scammed another online thing the operator girl always sounds the same? Barely can understand them cuz they are from somewhere else? Its like one big cult of scammers!!!!!! You get so aggravated you just give up.

0ff113e2, 2009-10-26, 12:30PM CDT

The only way that you are going to get them to stop is go to your bank and put a stop payment on your account from them then contact the better business breu that is what i had to do and got my money back from the bank.

dfc4c40d, 2009-11-06, 04:49PM CST

I actually signed up for this and never got charged and received 95 bucks from them because of 2 airline flights before their monthly charge. That sucks if you got scammed by them because it looks like I scammed them out of nearly a hundred without spending a penny. Great Fun rocks!!

df67c340, 2009-11-10, 08:36PM CST

I was duped when making hotel reservations via priceline. It was hell getting them to stop taking money from my bank account! the people they have to answer their phones (if you are lucky to get a person) are trained to talk with accents and very unclearly --clearly to annoy and make you give up.

7de023e0, 2009-12-17, 10:16AM CST

I too was using priceline when I got duped into great fun. This is the exact same scenario. I chose to save 10% (who wouldn't?, next thing I know I am getting charged for this crap. I just called and they said they would post 2 credits immediatly, but for the others I would have to fax a letter to Support Services at 1-800-964-8115. I will be watching by credit card statments very closely to see if I was in fact cancelled and also tosee if my credits actually post within 7-10 business days like they stated.

0f40aa59, 2010-01-22, 09:55PM CST

Blow these assholes up...let's find out who the CEO is and how they commited identity theft....whoever you bought something from, they allowed your information to be sold without your approval...hear that FTC

1cc4078b, 2010-02-02, 02:59PM CST

i also have been sc ammed by Great Fun. Apparently Foot Smart gave them my credit card information. After i received a notice in the mail from Great Fun, i called and said i never ordered their serivices. They assured me it wouldn't cost anything. I was later charged forty dollars even though I never signed up for Great Fun. I just cancelled my credit card.

d7455b7e, 2010-02-16, 05:23PM CST

I just received a notice. I guess I'm glad I had lost my credit card and now have a new credit card number. These people are crooks and should be ashamed of themselves. I purchased through priceline, but I will never purchase a ticket there again. They said they sent me a confirmation email and a welcome packet. I never received either. UNACCEPTABLE, this company needs to pay for their unethical practices.

f6816407, 2010-02-17, 01:00PM CST

Foot Smart also gave Great Fun my credit card number as well. Funny thing is at the same time Great Fun received my information from FootSmart, my credit card number was stolen. I would recommend not doing any business with either - neither are ethical.

cf768802, 2010-03-04, 10:09AM CST

I was also unknowingly entered into this membership when I order something in October 2009. I never remember signing up for anything. I never received any welcome package. When I tried to cancel on 12/29/09, the representative talked me into staying with the membership and said I would not charge me for 2 months so I could take advantage of the valuable coupons/offers. I did finally receive the welcome package but you have to be an active member at the time of the redemption to receive the refund - 3 of the 4 coupon (each coupon is worth $25.00) are not valid until mid to late 2010 - meaning I would have to continue the membership at $9.99 per month - there is no savings there. I called again today 3/4/10 and the representative again tried to get me to stay - I had to be very forceful. This is DEFINITELY a rip-off

5ed8c831, 2010-04-25, 08:28AM CDT

Concerned:

I called Great Fun and spoke with Keith on Saturday 25 APR 2010.

I cancelled my Great Fun account conf Z10114692380.

This is the second time I have had to do this because a pending charge from Great Fun appeared on my online bank account.

This pending charge appeared without my authorization.

I cancelled my Great Fun in FEB 2010 because charges appeared on my statement also.

I find your business practices to be unacceptable.

Your activities will be reported and should be investigated as fraudulent at all levels of government and business practice.

7229fb7a, 2010-05-13, 01:53PM CDT

Oh wow---seriously? I didn't know this company had scammed so many people. I had a membership with Ab-pro and they got my credit card information and charged me $14.99 2 times before I noticed it. After several days of going back and forth between my bank and this company they finally refunded the charges. I decided to cancel my account with Ab-pro due to this situation. Also the same day they (Great Fun) officially canceled my acct. the rep told me that for my "troubles" he would send to me 2 vouchers for $25 to get gas BUT they failed to mention that I had to be a CURRENT client to redeem them! Not to mention that the other catch was that I had to fill my gas tank twice, mail my receipts and wait for the vouchers. All I got out of this awful experience was a full tank of gas and a rude awakening.

a5853e0b, 2010-05-18, 11:06AM CDT

Dont use travel lodge or wyndham either, I booked a trip last october and was told id get 30.00 off a room night and 20.00 off a meal if i signed up for a 30 day trial. i cancelled it in 25 days, no charges in december, january, february, march ,april and suddenlt in may 11.00 and they claim i agreed to it and that they have no record of my cancelling it and that they cant refund my 11.00 but they can send me 100.00 compensation for my troubles.

i asked if that was like the dinky checks theyd been sending me , saying deposit this 2.99 check on us and on the back it says i agree to pay 19.00 a month for my membership in blah,blah,blah.

the guy was smirking at me, asking me why i wanted to cancel, i said because im broke, i have no money.

he said let your friends and family use it, i said ihave no friends and my family is broke too. cancel me.

i hope the jerks go bankrupt.

stupid voice recognition system makes you say your name 8 times before it will transfer you.

80748e19, 2010-05-20, 09:51AM CDT

I just noticed a $14.99 charge on my CC from 'Great Fun.

I called them up, cancled automatically but they still charged me.

I looked them up and found plenty of sites who say this thing is a scam.

I called up my CC company and told them I was being scammed and they put me on 3way with 'Great Fun.

They told me that when I ordered from Miles Kimball this christmas that I automatically signed up for some rebate thingy.

The first guy sounded like he wasn't going to refund me for the 4 MONTHS they had been charging me. I threw around words like fraud, illegal and even found online a class action law suit against them that I threatened to join.

I asked to speak to someone else and got Michael Wright who promises to refund everything within 2 months.

If 2 months passes and I don't get it all back I know who I'll be calling...

Michael Wright at 800 290 8603 and I WILL join that law suit and bring them down!

5/19/10

80748e19, 2010-05-25, 07:37AM CDT

This same month I discovered that I had been charged 4 times (as far as I can tell) by this company.

I called my credit card company that put them on a 3 way call with me and I complained and got my money refunded to me.

I told them that I had seen all over the internet that this was a scam and even discovered a class action law suit building against them that I would join as well unless I got my money back.

I spoke to Michael Wright.

11bf9e0d, 2010-06-10, 11:53AM CDT

ok .. I was duped too. just call got a cancelation# w/ 71.94 refund to my acct. wonder how long it will take

475075db, 2010-07-26, 02:41PM CDT

I just found out that my account had been overdrawn due to a reoccurring charge from Great Fun. I called the number given to me from my bank, and talked to a manager who informed me that I had been charged $11.99 per month for 24 months now. She said I had agreed to a membership when I purchased an airline flight on Priceline.com. I never agreed to pay a monthly membership fee to Great Fun, nor would I EVER allow a reoccurring charge on my bank account. I am now unemployed, and had to sell personal property in order to get my account out of the red. I cancelled my "membership" and was promised a 4 month refund. The number I called was 1-866-630-1504. In order to get a full refund, I have to submit a written request to a review board at: Great Fun: Executive Support P.O. Box 6100 Westerville, OH 43086. I don't suspect that they will be forthcoming with my money, however I hope that by posting this information, someone will be able to do something more than I. I will not use Priceline.com again because of this.

41b7dd3f, 2010-08-18, 01:10PM CDT

I was also duped..I saw this charge on my credit card statement and called them immediately...I also had a difficult time getting this charge stopped. How did they access my card imformation?? I know that I will never get another ticket through PriceLine. I am also contacting the proper authorities to have this company and practice imvestigated.How many millions have been made like this?

401e3f6b, 2010-09-13, 07:25PM CDT

That is B.S. because my card was charged for 12 months and they gave me a full refund, they need to give you a full refund to. When you call, call with authority telling them you are asking for a full refund of these unauthorized charges, never even being aware you had these services and or didn't receive any discount cards. They are trying to get away with as much as they can. How can they say they are only going to refund you for 4 months?

2ecf1793, 2010-09-22, 01:57PM CDT

I found out they were billing me 11.99 a month for the last year and it was on my Amex card. I called Amex and they credited me back the charges and the interest. Amex was awesome about it and they are well aware of this company. These days you have to go through your credit cards with a fine tooth comb.

890b769a, 2010-11-18, 11:41PM CST

I had almost the same problem. I got a text message from them saying that I had a Visa card waiting for me with 40$ on it. So being a gullible person I answered the text. I called the number they texted me and little did I know they were going to bill me every month. This company is a total scam. Even worse the woman I spoke to on the phone was completly rude, and she spoke so fast I could barely interrupt her and ask questions about what the hell she was talking about. Beware of this Scam!

62082277, 2011-01-16, 01:20PM CST

I also cancelled my membership and am still being charged on my account. What does on have to do to cancel this for good? I am just going to my account and inform them not to pay these charges

any more.

f38e96a0, 2011-02-11, 04:45PM CST

THIS COMPANY IS A HUGE SCAM!!! I didn't know I signed up for this company and didn't notice the recurring $11.99 charge on my credit card until just now. They've been charging me $11.99 since Oct 2009 -- that's 16 months!! I called my credit card company to ask what this charge was about and they called the company. My credit card compnay immidately cancelled the charge and I started talking to "Great Fun" representative. Supposedly, I signed up with their company after accepting a $20 rebate for a hotel reservation -- they said it was Cendant Hotel. Didn't recognize the hotel name, did a search & it's a hotel group that Wyndam Hotels belong to. I went through my emails (since they said they sent me an email confirming membership) and I don't have any emails from them. I finally asked to talk to a supervisor and she said she'll send me the proof that I signed up for their company and once I receive that, I can dispute the charges and get a full refund. The supervisor's name is Latia Lewis and she said I'll receive the documents in 1-2 weeks. So for now, I've cancelled this "membership" and I will not be charged anymore. But to anyone else out there who has been scammed before, you can call the number 1-877-488-9480 -- and cancel your membership. And, if you're like me, and have been charged for the last 16 months (that's almost $200!!!) talk to a supervisor and ask them to send you documents so you can dispute it and demand a full refund

5c1af5ee, 2011-03-14, 08:37AM CDT

i don't get it how everyone else on here has only been charged $13 or so...I've been getting two different charges of $19.99 each every seventh of every month since September and I've called and yelled at the great fun people over the phone saying they better refund me but just say okay sir we will get you your money back and cancel your subscription but i never even signed up for any of it!!!

0c5a8f07, 2011-04-28, 11:33PM CDT

Great Fun company has been charging my cred card for several months.

Please be aware, I have been billed for 11.99 every month and I never signed up for it.

dc550423, 2011-05-20, 03:41PM CDT

This number is invaluable for your refund with Great Fun ****877-346-8803****. In fact, this number is only provided to those who take the time to fax/mail in a refund request in writing. They have a drawn out process for refunds so that the customer will be worn out & give up.

It begins:

1. Call number provided on credit card statement: Then talk to rep who will probably inform you (as they did me) that your not eligible for a refund.

2. Then ask or command to speak to supervisor, who will tell you probably you're only eligible for a portion of a refund.

3. Written Request. Then supervisor at Great Fun will then inform you that you must perform a written request to be mailed or faxed to receive all of your refund.

4. Within weeks you'll receive a response letter included with a claim form & the lovely number 877-346-8803. Call this number & you'll reach a less combative operator who will ask you to fax/mail the claim form to receive the full refund your due.

5. Refund

that's how it works, a drawn out process to discourage but eventually following the above steps, you should be refunded.

good luck, i've sent complaints to all available consumer protection contacts & i hope you do as well. I take pride in America & I don't appreciate sly business practices that take, rather than earn the customer's dollar ~ then make it a long drawn out burden to get their money back. What an embarassing legend they'll be remembered by ~

fbca67cf, 2011-05-20, 03:42PM CDT

It begins:

5. Refund

21fdae3a, 2011-09-27, 01:55PM CDT

I have used priceline a lot of times as well as other discount travel websites and never had any problem. I hate to see people lose the price advantage of these sites because of Greatfun "scam". I was asked over the phone when I was signing up for something else if I wanted to join Greatfun for $1 for the first month and could cancel any time. The welcome paackage is on a website. They also gave me the same phone number to cancel that some of you have noted 877-488-9480. I appreciate your notification that you have had trouble getting the billing stopped even after cancelling. I will definately watch that closly...in fact will probably call them to cancel now!

f3d5d9e0, 2011-10-03, 12:11PM CDT

This is really bad. I am just notice a charge of $11.99/month on my CC from Great Fun since April 2007 that I didn't signed on after an online transaction. I've never use or know of their services to date. It's truly GREAT SCAM!!!. Double check all your eStatements and auto-payments.

b174a39f, 2011-10-17, 03:03PM CDT

I don't know if you'll get the refund, but if you use PayPal instead of a credit card I doubt you can be billed for an unauthorized charge. I bought something from factoryoutlet.com, saw the resulting $20 rebate offer, called the toll-free number, provided my name, address, and email address, refused to join and provided nothing further. I was promised an email with a mail-in certificate within five business days, to be sent in with a receipt, after which a check for the $20 would be mailed either immediately or within 7 business days or within 2-3 weeks. I just made the original purchase today, and I'm not holding my breath about the email-cum-certificate!

01dd5b53, 2011-10-20, 10:41PM CDT

thank you very much for your post. I had just paid for a concert ticket 10 minutes ago and the same thing happened as well. I thought the phone call was kind of suspious especially when i told the gentlemen that i would not add the service even if it was $1 for the first 30 days. he sounded too thrilled.i will definitely call that number in the morning.

34b14894, 2011-11-08, 02:00AM CST

My experience was actually a good one with great fun, made money off them.

42f8b362, 2012-01-01, 11:50PM CST

If you know what you're doing with this site, and how to talk to customer service, you will have no problems with them. I signed up for it, and as a reward got a $40 Visa gift card. Only $1 was debited from my account, and after calling that number, and talking to them in the right way, being direct but not mean, they cancelled my membership without any debate, told me that I would not be charged any more, and I wasn't! Just know how to talk to customer service reps, and you'll be all good!

f8120c77, 2012-01-27, 02:57PM CST

We paid for an airline ticket online through Allegiant Ait.com. We, too were offered the $20.00 rebate from Great Fun. So far there are no charges on our credit card. We did not cash the 20.00 rebate check. Maybe that is the catch. We will use the check for a bonfire in the yard!!!

acacf990, 2012-02-28, 11:18AM CST

Fun pack text me on my phone telling me i could get a $40 gift card,and when i call they didn't say anything about a gas card.they offer me all kinds of discount cards,which i was fooled enough to give them information on my bank card,then i thought hey i dont give my bank card no.out,then i went to the bank i got my card cancel,and a new card,this happenned this morning,glad i look u guys up ,thanks!!

7f6ccbce, 2012-05-08, 10:18AM CDT

THIS SITE DUPED ME OUT OF MONEY AND CONTINUALLY PULLED FROM ACCOUNT? MY AUTISTIC SON WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE BS DISCOUNTS!!!

56ea99f4, 2012-05-16, 09:22AM CDT

I fell to the scam as well after purchasing tickets through Ticketmaster and saying I could get a $20 refund for my purchase. I should have realized it had to come with a catch which it did. While I did get the $20 refund in the mail which was legit, I was also signed up for what I was told a one time $1 trial. I was not told that it was for Great Fun and for Shoppers Advantage which are two seperate companies under the same Corporation I found out later. I called within the one month trial and cancelled my membership to Shoppers Advantage thinking everything was done and over with.

Then I looked at my credit card statement today and realized the last two months I had been charged by Great Fun for $16.99/month. I called 1-877-488-9480 and spoke with a rep named Lindsay. While explaining what happened and telling her I simply wanted to cancel and i wanted a refund I was forced to sit through three times of trying to get me to keep the service and being offered a free $100 gift. I finally got her to cancel the membership and when I requested a refund was told I am not eligible for that.

Here is the key for anyone that has to go through this in the future! Don't take no for an answer tell them you have read online that you can speak with a supervisor and request the refund. She said she could transfer me so I could try. Then once I was transferred I spoke with a gentleman named Mark who asked what he could do and I again explained I was not aware I had to cancel both things since I was only told one membership and I wanted a refund. He then told me that Lindsay had already requested that for me and I should see that sent to my card in the next 72 hours but it could take a statement or two to show up on my card. So even though I was told I was not eligible for a refund by the first associate I spoke with, I guess once you ask to speak to a supervisor they will do it.

Hopefully I should not see any further charges and I should see my full refund soon! Good luck to anyone else out there going through this as well!

Ask for a confirmation number as well!

Anonymous, 2012-06-22, 05:45PM CDT

I was wondering about the legality of the "free," forty dollary reward card I was sent. Yes, they actually sent me one but I am afraid to use it-this company does not give money; thy take it. Has anyone else received a "free," forty-dollar reward gift card from Great Fun, in the form of Visa card sponsored by Merrill Lynch Bank? Even with that "reputable" name; I do not trust the Great Fun company.

When I tried to cancel a few weeks ago a rep told me I had until the 6th of July to try the membership free. Before that when I called to cancel another rep a male(with a foreign voice) said I had until July the first to cancel.

Each time I have attempted to cancel have been put off or on hold abruptly on to be rebuffed if the come back on the phone. Both tried to lure me inot keeping the fraudelent membership with the free gift card.

Even when I told the lady I didn't care abouth the forty-dollar gift card she sent it anyway!

5cac75d8, 2012-06-28, 11:59AM CDT

SO Glad I read this. I ALMOST gave them my CC information and changed my mind. I told the representative, once I receive the information in the mail, I'll review it and considerate...and that's when I decided to look online and see what this site really is!

THANK YOU!!! You all saved me money and time!

b1947ad2, 2012-10-30, 01:35AM CDT

I just opened an account with Collections Etc. and was sent an email for free shipping with my next order over $40 if I entered a promo code. I had expected the free shipping to be applied to my order automatically. When I submitted my order, a pop-up ad appeared prompting me to call a toll free number to receive a savings certificate for the shipping on my order. The number I called ended up being to "Great Fun", where the operator who answered the call gave me a sales pitch and told me I would automatically be entered into a membership with "Great Fun" for $1 the first month, and $16.95/month afterwards. I had to tell her no twice before she thanked me for my time and hung up. I am very upset with Collections Etc. for partnering with "Great Fun" and requiring me to call a number to receive a savings certificate which I would have to mail back to them to get my free shipping!

Kat B., 2013-03-06, 06:14PM CST

After i completed a forn on-line- I was directed to number 1-801-416-3511, where I wound up speaking to a rep with Great Fun - stated he was in California however I believe he was in a call center outside of the US. The rep stated that I was a 'special customer' and because I called today only, I won a 25.00 credit card to use as I wish, as well as a 100.00 rebate which I can use anywhere- but then Im required to submit the 100.00 purchases to them and they would then send the rebate $ to me. BUT, first, they require a 1.95 processing fee. HA. while i had the rep on the phone, I looked up the company and found SCAM all over the internet. I informed the rep of my findings..but of course he is trained to come back with selective words to encourage me to continue and provide him with my credit card info. Be aware people- I would NOT trust this!

2a6187eb, 2013-09-02, 09:51AM CDT

My husband got duped by this not once but twice. Once buy buying something on line. We ended up paying about $18.00 a month for three months before I could get it canceled. Second time by a $1,100,000.00 prize entry in my name. He call and ended up ordering magazine`s and somehow got Great Fun`s again. I called and canceled the magazines and now to cancel Great Fun again, I have to wait three to for weeks they tell me. For it to show up on there system. (Since it was by a phone order.) I will check with our credit card company every couple of days. This really makes me upset that Great Fun can so easily get access without the consumer understanding who they are and what is really involved. This is not right!!!

Robin M., 2013-09-02, 01:07PM CDT

Str8ScamBlaster, 2013-12-02, 08:29PM CST

To Robin, I also was scammed and did read the "fine print" I assume you either think your smarter then the rest of us, or you simply work for the same damn company we are are all complaining about. (Wish people like you had a C^%# in their mouth so they couldnt speak, or hands broken som they simply could not type either. Luckily I'm both a paralegal, as well as an I.T. tech, most companies like these dont care about the $ they lose during the trial (look at Amazon) their deal/trial is AMAZING!!!! Free 2 day shipping on just about anything, and well cancel in time and your golden. Same applies here only sadly this company is a scam where they make it next to impossible to cancel easily. A little hint for those trying to cancel, the same number you called to sign up with call back to cancel... I did it in a mater of 4 minutes. Also got 2 cards both worth 20$, yes it is a shady bs industry, and certain reputable companies should not be invloved. And when u have a rep trying to sell u something on tip of what they are already selling you, well its pretty easy (at least for those of us with an education to both take advantage of their "deal" do them dirty in return" and make fun of idiots like Robin whos probably employed by them, and well look at her caps "I DO NOT work for greatfun.com, I am just an informed consumer who THOROUGHLY READS, everything (including fine print) before I make a purchase on the Internet." I DO NOT work for" lmfao... sure sweetheart, and I think your post was helpful... Also have a 19" long "keyboard"..... Would ya like to see the fine print, go back and to those of you pissed like I was, (I assure you you can both get the 40$ 20 offered usually after your purchase and then the operator who could barely read english's extra 20 for signing up.... Cancel the next mail day, your card will have been sent out or is on its way already through their process as in their statement no matter what you will get the 40$ in PRINT! Just cancel and do it right away, dont wait 29 days then cancel, cancel after u hang up with the operator. call back, I have my operators ID number, name, etc, (always do with any internet transaction. And for a genius above like Robin, well I got 40$ that I got to throw away on nonsense by being smart and not thinking of the next thing I buy and saving with their $h&t program (most likely like you did, so so (def not) sorry for your loss, people like Robin deserve to be taken advantage of, as well... I'm not an idiot/employee like her of the company. Its that damn simple) and yes their aren't even loopholes to get you 40$ seems like the current offer then theygo further with the 500 year protection plan amazingly priced the same as the plan they get u with after the 30 days is up.... Makes me angry that yes some of us in this world still trust others and take a persons word for what they say especially when recorded (both by myself and their system) then read about people being specifically screwed by that "bs deal"). Above I highly suggest the lawsuit as listed above if you have gotten stuck by forgetting to cancel (with as much crap as any of us have going on well I dont blame ya) Robin M would like to say your stupid though. Robin, i'd like you to come and visit me at my home address and see who is or is not stupid, who has their degree in what, and oh... who works where, I'm not rich (although my family is), and I dont claim to be anything I am not, I am simply just honest. And would like to show you a thing or 2 about how smart you truly are... (we can just do some friendly algebra tests together) and then afterwards walk the streets of Newark at 4 AM and see how we both fall on the intelligence scale. you offensive b&*(^$. To those looking for a way out of your companies bs that made a simple mistake by being trusting in a nation built on Faith, Morals, and Values, (all of which you LACK TO SAY THE LEAST)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way everyone look at the top check box while posting below....

Notify me of comments to this complaint

Notify me of business replies to this complaint

Yes, I agree to the Terms of Service. Note: all info is kept private! SO IF ANYONE FOR A SECOND BELIEVES THAT THEY ARE NOT POSTING ON THEIR OWN COMPANIES BEHALF AND "READ THE FINE PRINT" WELL... I WISH THAT WAS THE SCENARIO, ONLY THATS THE CONDUCT YOU WOULD EXPECT FOR SOMEONE WHO PROBABLY CANT SLEEP AT NIGHT DUE TO THEIR KARMA AND GUILT/SHAME!

Robin M., 2013-12-02, 09:32PM CST

I actually don't work for this company, nor do I ever care to. I don't work at all because I am a stay at home mom, but my prior job was an attorney since you seem to be so interested, so I think my degree trumps yours. I really don't care what you think of my opinion because we are all entitled to them. You may claim you read the fine print, but you obviously did not well enough or you would not have been scammed. Kudos to you for getting your money back; although everyone is not that lucky. That is not how companies like this stay in business. You criticize me for posting in caps and yet you do the same thing. How hypocritical of you. FYI: as a member of the website, you are automatically notified of new posts, or don't you read the terms of service either when you sign up? You don't have to answer that, I already know the answer.

P.S. Cleary I am the more intelligent person, because I would never invite a stranger I got in a debate with in an online forum to my house. That's just common sense. Are you crazy? You must be!

Str8ScamBlaster, 2013-12-02, 10:15PM CST

Robin, Simply looking up your IP address where you just sent this from I will know in a matter of a few moments and if I was a jerk would simply BLADST YOUR INFORMATION TO EVERY OTHER ANGRY PERSON ON THIS FORUM. WOULD YOU LIKE THAT??? I BOTH AM A NETWORK SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR AS WELL AS A PARALEGAL, I WOULD FIRST LIKE TO SHARE THAT I THINK IT JUST STRIKINGLY ALARMING THAT "ROBIN" WAS ABLE TO REPLY WITHIN MINUTES OF MY POST.... UNUSUAL UNLESS ROBIN HAS HER BEHIND GLUED TO A SEAT WATHCING THIS FORUM, OR WAS ABLE WITHIN SECONDS TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM THIS FORUM TO REPLY....HERE ARE SOME OPERATOR ID NUMBERS WHOM ALL BY THE WAY FOR THOSEE UP ABOVE UPSET ABOUT THE ACCENTS SINCE HIRING OUT OF COURSE THESE OPERATORS ARE PAID .10 AN HOUR TO UP TO A ALARMINGLY HIGH .35 CENTS FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUPERVISORS LOL.... "Codi Cloos" "fernando ID# 44232, "Mary Jones" Supervisor to previously mentioned ID# 63336 please e-mail me at my yes Robin (real name and real e-mail address) if your having trouble and would like to become part of a class action suit newly being opened up again against "TLG" a much larger corp, then simply great fun. (Robin obvioussly has checked off notify me to this complaint as well as I am an employee of this business and am authorized to post replies on behalf of them...." Robin here is my real e-mail, I am in a wheel chair, and served for our country, am a certified paralegal, and spent 2 years getting my network systems admin degree to help along with the above mentioned. [email protected] (and yes that is my real name, real e-mail, etc.) I unlike you have nothing to hide. I specifically look for scams to open class action lawsuits. :) & yes Kudos to me for helping others on this website unlike yourself!

Unlike yourself below I do not have this "I am an Employee of the Business, and I'm authorized to post replies on the behalf of the Business" checked off. Good evening Robin, hope that someday you can be cheerful and optimistic, and I wish you a happy holiday. ;)

Str8ScamBlaster, 2013-12-02, 10:20PM CST

(one of over 2,900+ complaints logged in the past 48 hours.....)"I too was duped into this 3rd party scam, while I was making a payment to classmates.com where I am organizing a class reunion. Great Fun got my credit card information and signed me up for a 30-day free trial, after which time I would be billed $12.99 per month for their service, which I never signed up for. How can they bill a credit card that they don't have authorization to bill? I was able to cancel my membership by calling 1-877-488-9480 and giving them my membership # off of a confirmation e-mail they had sent me. The website address for the confirmation e-mail is s[email protected] . I hope this helps some of you who have posted similar complaints about this company and have requested phone numbers or web addresses to try and cancel your "memberships". I had to be very insistant to get them to remove me, so I'll be watching my bank statement to make sure they don't charge me anyway! Good Luck" (http://www.complaints.com/2008/june/11/Great_Fun_Scam_173579.htm)

Str8ScamBlaster, 2013-12-02, 10:26PM CST

Up above works for the company but is just very unintelligent as well, makes me always feel fantastic serving this country sitting in a wheelchair typing this having some overseas person trained for quite some time to be able to speak in a semi understandable accent (and I assure you I am far from racist as I am not even white, black, or Asian). And an employee saying clearly " Hello everyone.... I hear these same complaints all day long.... All that I can say is that I am sorry. I am a Customer service Representative at a Great Fun Call Center. I haven't been working here very long, but I can tell you that as soon as I find another job I am G-O-N-E! There are many different ways to get signed up with a membership---ALL OF WHICH ARE DECIETFUL! You can go online and make a purchase with various different companies. ( Hotwire.com - Priceline.com - Avon.com - Deepdish.com - Orbitz.com - Fandango.com - CheapTickets.com - Adteractive.com - CustomDirect.com - TrueCredit.com - GreatFunSite.com and many many many many many many more. You can also sign up while making a purchase over the phone with a company called Advanced Interactive Science (batteries, and mousetraps are a few of the items that people call in thinking the charge is for. Two more companies that you can get signed up through on the phone is National Magazine Exchange and Fingerhut. The last way that you can ge signed up is through a check sent with billing statement. Participating Banks include: Bank of America, Chase, HSBC, CitiBank. These are only the ones that I can think of today....

Mail Preference Service

Westerville, OH 43086

Put the letter to corporate in C/O Executive Support

The phone number to reach a customer service agent that can help you is:

1-800-214-6422

Just to let you know Trilegiant is a LARGE company and there are different departments so if you see anything about TLG* call to find out what it is..." (But yes Robin thank you for your lovely comment as I am sure you do not support people who have served from my nation nor know what it is to have your money taken away being lied to (as you profit off of such ordeals.)

Robin M., 2013-12-02, 10:50PM CST

You obviously are not that bright. As a respondent to this particular forum the box entitled "notify me of comments to this complaint" is checked. That and the bottom one. Because they are automatically checked, as I'm sure they are for you as well. What that means is just like you, I get an email when someone posts a response. I clicked on the link in my email and read your post. I did not respond to your post within minutes as you claim; it took me a little over an hour (check the times). I have made it quite clear I do not work for this company. Whether you choose to believe it or not I do not care. Are you threatening to post my personal information to the everyone on here? I am telling you now that would not be wise so I would rethink that threat being the paralegal you say are. You look foolish for even making a threat like that. To expose a person's children? Really? If you spend your days looking for companies to open class action lawsuits against you really need to find a better hobby. Oh and and I served our country as well. The Army for 6 years in case you were wondering. However, I did not really think that was relevant as I do not use that to try to get sympathy.

Str8ScamBlaster, 2013-12-03, 05:45PM CST

No relevance is amazing though, A. You didn't serve or you would never ever disrespect a soldier

B. Now your all of a sudden a lawyer (from "stay at home mom") as written above... Very impressive. C. Yes Robin your a genius unlike your posts mine direct people nice and simply to obtain their money back, and if you did a little research a great deal of people did NOT SIGN UP FOR THE "DEAL". But like you said, your ex military, a lawyer, etc all of a sudden, and are very impressive with the box being checked off that says "I am an employee of this company, and I'm authorized to make comments on their behalf" that would be what I had implied, yes I too get msgs when a comment is made (only I post on behalf of myself). Not the same check box we all have automatically checked off for us "notify me of comments to this complaint" or the "notify me of business replies to this complaint". (Which of course can be unchecked) But now both a lawyer (not a stay at home mom, as well as lmao! having served 6 years in the military). Oh and what lawfirm? What branch of military. It would be nice to see you post something like myself trying to help others, rather then well... You already know what it is, lying, looking foolish, etc. All is forgiven though. No Robin, your simply a very unhappy person, that is easily visible. Cheer up be optimistic, help others, volunteer somewhere, doing so has its rewards. And my prayers will be with you throughout the Holiday season. Best of wishes.

Robin M., 2013-12-03, 06:11PM CST

If you would have actually read my original response to you, I stated then that I was an attorney before I chose to become a stay at home mother; therefore I do not work for a law firm anymore. If you would would have read my last post from last night, you would have seen I said I was in the army. Clearly, you do not read everything. You can think whatever you want you want about about me, but you obviously brought up that you served and are in a wheelchair to try to get sympathy. I do respect people, even you, for serving I just don't think this is the place to bring it up as it has absolutely no bearing on this subject. I have never nor will I ever check the box that states "I am an employee of the business, and I'm authorized to post replies on the behalf of the business." For some reason you just can't get over that. I will admit that I do not uncheck the the ones that say "notify me of comments to this complaint" or " notify me of business replies to this complaint." Everything I post on any forum on this website (which is many) is purely from me. Since you are an IT professional and say you know where I am based and you also know where greatfun.com is based, you can clearly see that I am not any where near where that company is. Finally, I never said anybody willingly signed up for this deal; I simply stated whatever you signed up for you didn't read thoroughly enough because obviously there was fine print in it.

Str8ScamBlaster, 2013-12-03, 09:59PM CST

(This is Robin for all of you looking for helps reply for you.... (directly quoting her from above) "Robin M., 2013-09-02, 01:07PM CDT

To all the people who claim they were "scammed," you weren't "scammed" at all! You just didn't read the fine print when you signed up/purchased something else, GUARANTEED! Now you feel stupid so you have to complain and make it sound lime it was someone else's fault. Also for the ones who it took several months to a year to realize they were being billed, are you so rich that you don't need to reconcile your bank statement every month? And just in case you are wondering, I DO NOT work for greatfun.com, I am just an informed consumer who THOROUGHLY READS, everything (including fine print) before I make a purchase on the Internet."

Wow Robin your a quick one lmao!!! That was a direct reply, IDK I'm probably right in assuming your a stay at home mom, 500+lbs obese, disgraceful to look at, and has nothing but free time to "try and make yourself look better" feel better hidden behind a computer screen....After being torn apart, and well unlike you I have a life and even if your the 90 lb meth addict which is probably the other scenario and has lots of time to waste, I still wish you the best sweetheart (from all of us "stupid" people on this site)... Behind that computer screen I'm sure your just gorgeous, the face only a mother can love- typa gorgeous. ;) Don't go to sites that people are requesting help and call them stupid... Does that make ya feel better darling??? Well I'm sure it does and that's lovely for a previous member of the service/attorney. Your children and ex husband must be proud!! :) Still in my prayers though, and well god knows you need to be in everyones cause you are simply a wonderful woman who just needs to find her niche.... ;)

Str8ScamBlaster, 2013-12-03, 10:13PM CST

Hey Robin,

Merry Christmas :) Looking for sympathy by the way... Nah sweetheart, I get my sympathy knowing I served for my nation and that God looks over me and kept me on this Earth to help others, volunteer, give when I can. And well hopefully give you the much needed awakening through prayer that you need. I have a great deal of sympathy for someone like yourself, would even throw ya $ for rehab for the meth, and crack your addicted to (that's just sad, and I know that was supposed to be private through the e-mail you sent me directly...) But there is help out there, and like I said sweetheart you need it more then most to put it nicely. Here is a link... AmericanAddictionCenters.com/Rehab (Hope that helps...)-Your friend Nick

Robin M., 2013-12-03, 10:16PM CST

Once again I am going to state, you do not read anything thoroughly. I never called anyone directly stupid, I said they must feel stupid for falling for this scam. You just quoted me yourself. You can continue to personally insult me all you want. You are so far off its rather humorous. I'll give you just a brief. I have been married for 15 years to my best friend, and we have had twin boys and 1 girl together. I am 5 foot 3 inches tall, and approximately 162 pounds as of my last weigh in at the doctor (so I could stand to lose a few pounds I admit that). I am not trying to make myself look any better than anyone else. I am also not sitting here piling on insult after insult directed right at you. Why? Because I have no reason to. That's not what I came here for. I came here to inform people that whatever they signed up for most likely had something in fine print in it that included this greatfun.com scam. Which is why I said people were not reading everything and now they feel stupid or maybe foolish is a better word. So are you done yet or do just have to have the last personally insulting word?

Robin M., 2013-12-03, 10:24PM CST

Also nice try. I have never sent you an email. You don't even have my email address. Anything that has been said to you has been on this forum for everyone to see. I don't need anything from you, my family does just well. I especially don't need help with rehab since I would never need a rehab since I have never done meth or any other illegal drug my whole life. The people who are in my life know the truth about me, and that's what matters. Not some guy from New Jersey who has constantly made up stories and keeps changing even those. You are definitely a character, I'll give you that. You have a good imagination.

090ab33c, 2014-01-15, 01:56PM CST

I would like to know how I can get the refund that I was told I was able for. I have not gotten the forms for them. So cause of this I am calling the Better Business Bureau and letting my local TV investgating team take this matter over. I need that refund and since no one on the phone knows any thing about it. That is the only reason I signed up for Great Fun. I have already cancelled my membership cause of all the unsince I have been getting from you.

cb6c668c, 2014-06-03, 04:03PM CDT

Wow wish I had read some of the comments before I got scamed. Same thing they called me and it sounded like a good deal.So I said yest I would sign up, well my charge got charged before I even got any information. When I call I was told the seven day waiting period start seven days BEFORE i GOT ANY INFORMATION.

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I HAD TO CANCEL MY CREDIT CARD JUST TO MAKE SURE THEY COULD NOT CHARGE ANYTHING ELSE

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!! (yes I know I wrote this in capital letters....cuz say I am yelling)

37708702, 2014-06-03, 10:46PM CDT

Me and two of my family members never receive Camel coupons anymore.. something is wrong with the website and does not allow you to

I guess I'll have to continue using Marlboro coupons :(

qpond i., 2014-06-26, 12:32PM CDT

I bought tickets at TicketWeb today and received a $40 rebate "GreatFun" offer. Before calling the number I researched and found a lot of complaints, so I was aware of the tactics. However, before calling, I obtained a virtual account number from my credit card company. It's only good for up to $2.00, and it can't be used past the expiration date or past the authorized amount. I have set my calendar to call to cancel in 2 weeks, which is supposed to be enough time to get the rebate payment vouchers. Either way, like someone said on another site, I didn't expect any money going in the front door, so I won't be too disappointed if I don't get any going out the back door! good luck with them trying to charge my account past the $1.00.