CSN stores

Product: Bunk Bed

Company: CSN stores

Location: Boston, MA, US

URL: http://www.csnstores.com/

Summary:

Shortly before ordering our bunkbeds from CSN on 10 Feb. 2008 my wife and I found out we were pregnant with our second child. After hearing some horror stories from friends regarding there experiences with transitioning their children out of a crib and into there "big kid" or in our case "big boy bed" we decided to get ahead of the game and order the bed early. Well, thank the lord we did. The first attempt at delivering our much awaited bunk beds or as my two year old call them "bump a heads" was on 15 March 2008, 3 days after the estimated delivery window of 22 Feb.- 12 March which was provided on the day of purchase. Everything appeared to be going smoothly until we realized they had shipped us the twin over twin model rahter than the twin over full. After dealing with a language barrier in trying to figure out whether it was the correct bed with missing peices or actually the wrong bed it was determined the bed was indeed the wrong one and all of the peices had to be taken back out to the truck and returned. Fast forward a month and a half to 1 May 2008 (Now almost three months or a quarter of a year since we ordered the bed) and we had our second attempt at delivery. Again everything appeared to be going fine until the one person on the crew who spoke english (glad he was there) informed me that the bed they had delivered was missing parts and they would not be able to put the bed together without the parts. After speaking to both CSN and the delivery company I was convinced that it would be quicker to keep the parts that had been delivered at the house and have CSN ship me the remianing hardware "within a week" so I singed for the stuff that had been delivered and sent the delivery crew on their way. After a week of no parts ariving in the mail I decided to call CSN back yet again to check on the status of the parts at which time I am informed the parts will take another four weeks, pushing the delivery date for the missing parts into early June (remember we ordered the bed on10 February 2008). I bet you could guess what happened next.....yep, you guessed it, the four weeks went past with no part delivered and when we called to follow up on the lack of delivery we were told a manager (Marcel) would give us a call on Tuesday (9 June 08). That call never came, instead we received a voice mail message from a female stating the parts are still not available and they are not expecting to get any until JULY (5 months after the order was placed). Now my wife is due to deliver our second child 3 Oct. 08 which means in a best case scenario at this point we will get the parts some time in July, then have to schedule to have someone come and set them up which will likely be a week or two additional, leaving us an even smaller window of time for us to transition our son into his new bed. Oh I almost forgot the fact each time they failed to deliver the correct/complete bed I had to take of work for a day which means I now have approx. $800.00 (almost the total cost of the bad) tied up in this for lost wages. I'll write again in July or August to let all of you know how this all work out.

17f58db7, 2009-10-21, 02:29PM CDT

This is how they game the system - by getting you to wait for replacement items or parts, you may end up not being able to ask your credit card to process a chargeback (item not as described valid reason code) because too much time will have passed.

I feel sorry for the people who get jerked around for 6 mos and then cannot process a chargeback.